PDA

View Full Version : Weekender is cancelled

Bob Dixon
31-03-2005, 06:20 PM
I`m on an economy drive at the moment and have just cancelled my weekly copy of the 'Weekender' , a local TV listings magazine. Has anybody else had to make any sacrifices this week?

A Yerbury
31-03-2005, 06:34 PM
Why yes, I was on an economy drive last week but have just acquired a legit, cash pastime...the economy drive had to go.
Alice.

Richard_S
31-03-2005, 07:29 PM
I stopped having extra mushrooms in the morning. for a day at least.

scrumpster
31-03-2005, 07:58 PM
Yes toilet roll has gone by the by, but is buying newspaper and cutting into squares false economy???

Nonnie
31-03-2005, 08:09 PM
Yes toilet roll has gone by the by, but is buying newspaper and cutting into squares false economy???
No babes it's just tight. I will be informing Arrow Mill you will be stealing the toiletries!

scrumpster
31-03-2005, 08:17 PM
No babes it's just tight. I will be informing Arrow Mill you will be stealing the toiletries!

I know my arse is tight and I'm awaiting surgery, no need to get personal mate!!!! :eek:

Nonnie
31-03-2005, 08:22 PM
I know my arse is tight and I'm awaiting surgery, no need to get personal mate!!!! :eek:
I meant "tight" as in "mean" I meant. :eek:

scrumpster
31-03-2005, 08:24 PM
Oh NO :eek: Now the whole UKMOC know my secret Nonnie :(

Nonnie
31-03-2005, 08:32 PM
It's OK I feel sure they will laugh with you and not at you :D

scrumpster
31-03-2005, 08:34 PM
Remains to be seen :p

A Yerbury
31-03-2005, 08:49 PM
If the arse is so tight then why the need for so much in the toiletry department? a packet of rizlas should last about a month (if folded properly)

Plum
31-03-2005, 09:05 PM
I have had to sacrifice my life of celibacy to go to the weekender. Its the only way i can keep that scumbag Postie away from the wife

Hard life, but thems the breaks!

scrumpster
31-03-2005, 09:13 PM
If the arse is so tight then why the need for so much in the toiletry department? a packet of rizlas should last about a month (if folded properly)

Now why didn't I think of that :rolleyes:

A Yerbury
31-03-2005, 09:20 PM
hey, it's my job, helping people out and all that. If you require a more thorough consulatation then please get in touch with my secretary Penny, discretion assured at a really sort of reasonable price maybe.
The Doctor.

bod
31-03-2005, 10:18 PM
Wasn't that a top tune by Flowered Up :rolleyes:

A Yerbury
31-03-2005, 10:28 PM
Having harnessed the powers of green voodoo, an EU surplus lake of Codeine and generally "tried really hard" to forget.... someone pops up to remind me of top baggy scouse combo/pairing "flowered up" I mean really! help! as this train of thought unravels I can also see Northern Uproar, The Farm and the Mock Turtles....BTW if any of you at the weekender have ever owned a "mad as fook" Inspiral carpets T shirt please let me know as I would rather not speak to you.
thank you.

Nonnie
31-03-2005, 10:36 PM
I bloody hated that !*!*!*!* music. It was really !*!*!*!*ting !*!*!*!*. So there.

bod
31-03-2005, 10:54 PM
Come on some of you indie kids out there back me up im getting a slating by Mr Yerbs..do we not remember the Roses,Cud,Chalatens,That petrol emotion etc...
And no I never owned that t shirt,but did have one in my my early days with 'Frankie says' on it :)

dean
01-04-2005, 12:00 PM
I`m on an economy drive at the moment and have just cancelled my weekly copy of the 'Weekender' , a local TV listings magazine. Has anybody else had to make any sacrifices this week?

Having been off the forum a bit this week i have only just learned of your dire straits, i hope things square themselves up for you soon. Magazine subscriptions can be very expensive. there is a very good local karate bi-monthly you can get"your kicks" for free. i think it has some TV listings but they may be subject to local variations. There are free tips on installing microwave ovens etc.

hope this helps you get back on your feet.

Bob Dixon
01-04-2005, 01:54 PM
[QUOTE=bod]Come on some of you indie kids out there back me up im getting a slating by Mr Yerbs..do we not remember the Roses,Cud,Chalatens,That petrol emotion etc...

Take no notice of Yerbs Bod, he's all bitter and twisted and spends his days listening to Johny Halliday and Plastic Bertrand. Nary more than 10 mins ago the strains of She Bangs the Drum [at least I think that's what it's called]floated over the workshop boom box. Oddly enough I never liked the Roses in their day, but have come to appreciate them with the benefit of hindsiight...........
I saw Frankie GTH in the heyday of the ZTT era when everybody reckoned they couldn`t play their instruments. They were superb and were extremely good musicians, although they probably nicked all their gear............

bod
01-04-2005, 07:00 PM
FGTH the 1st cd I ever bought(welcome to the pleasure dome)with Trevor Horn producing, back in 1982.Then had to save up a kings ransom for a cd player,expencive back in them days.

A Yerbury
01-04-2005, 07:10 PM
Well the stone roses- obviously, and the charlies were okay although I was never that convinced by Tim, CUD went nowhere like bloody neds atomic et al..... I was in London Town and it was all a bit Primal Wetherall sabres of paradise and generally not very northern at all in a good way. Fantastic as they say on blue peter.
AY.
ps. Mondays still evil, insidious genius, only a shame that Ryder male chickened it all up.

yours with a kinky fro.

bod
01-04-2005, 07:58 PM
The Neds were never dustbin fodder,still listen to them today but the Mondays there another thing,only made sence when under the influence though.Dig out your old cd's,tapes,8 track and relive your youth!
Could I throw the Pixes,him called Frank of much blackness fame into the equation....now they were a band and while on about equations,is it just me that ever liked Dr Phibes and the House Of Wax Equations? As I have only ever met one other living sole and there used to be more than 2 of us at there gigs I am sure ;)

A Yerbury
01-04-2005, 08:03 PM
hmm Dr phibes and the house, I was aware but have scant knowledge of. The Pixies are a whole diff kettle of boots, saw them twice. there are few better, kicked kurt and co into doing things and knock many of the recent batch of revival garage bands into touch.
yours.
Alison.

Banshee
01-04-2005, 09:54 PM
Was lookin forward to a good night out,,, Im sure i had a promise of someone sat on my face.... no no it was in my face, ho hum. :rolleyes: