UK Monster Owners Club Forum » .: General :. » Random Chat » New Model S4R launched

Old 06-09-2006, 07:26 PM   #1
Guzzirider

New Model S4R launched

Just read this weeks MCN- they have tested the 2007 S4R which has got the 130BHP Testastretta motor as fitted to the S4Rs.

It also has radial disc brakes and will be £1500 less than the S4Rs.

No Ohlins, less carbon, plainer paint and the wheels don't look as trick as the Rs but if you are not bothered by that then it seems a decent deal.

Me- I prefer gold!!!

Guy

Last edited by Guzzirider; 06-09-2006 at 09:20 PM..
Old 06-09-2006, 07:32 PM   #2
Lowsider

Its already on the ducati.com website
Old 06-09-2006, 07:55 PM   #3
JMo

Ah, I see... had a quick glance in the newsagents today by didn't buy it - I thought that was an MCN typo, missing off the little s... new model time of year already huh?

xxx
Old 06-09-2006, 08:08 PM   #4
fatbloke

Press release and a few pics
Press release

Last edited by fatbloke; 06-09-2006 at 08:26 PM..
Old 06-09-2006, 08:23 PM   #5
JMo

Better red than dead...

Looks better in the red with red frame, but the black cycle parts look as cheap as they do on the 695... (this is not a humble opinion x)

Personally I think Ducati should have taken a leaf out of Marchisini's book and painted the swingarm the same colour as the frame, and that the frame should match the body colour too - just imagine how cool that would look in a series of retro pastel colours for example... mmmmmmmmmmm!

xxx
Old 07-09-2006, 08:04 AM   #6
McMONSTRO

What....no white wheels!!!! I'd have to find something else to do with the time that would free up!

Nice though!

McMonstro
Old 08-09-2006, 02:05 PM   #7
farl

Bike: M1100s
Smile Rear Shock

Suspension not as good as the previous S4R, perhaps to put some distance between it and the RS. What do people reckon? Didn't it previoulsy have Showa front and back? Now the front's Showa and the rear Sachs.. And is the extra for Ohlins worth it?
farl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2006, 03:01 PM   #8
Guzzirider

If you are the type of rider that will appreciate the extra poke of the Testastretta motor, then you are probably the sort who would also like the top notch suspension to go with it.

I just think the marketing strategy of Ducati is a bit weird here- maybe the new model is to keep costs down, as am I right in thinking the old S4R was the only bike in that range to have that motor?

Guy
Old 08-09-2006, 03:12 PM   #9
MilesB

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guzzirider
I just think the marketing strategy of Ducati is a bit weird here- maybe the new model is to keep costs down, as am I right in thinking the old S4R was the only bike in that range to have that motor?
Yep - the last otto valvo/Desmoquatro ?

All that is left is 2 valve air cooled, 3 valve water cooled or Testastrata... plus of course the Desmosedici.

I do like the grey with red frame and red DUCATI on the tank.