UK Monster Owners Club Forum » .: Warm Up Area :. » A nice place for new members to say hello » 1100 evo

Old 01-01-2017, 08:51 PM   #1
dwilsonguitars

1100 evo

Hi all happy new year
Just got my 1100 evo , had 851 916 848 ,
Liked the evo as it's air cooled and a sexy
She's done 3500 miles and 2013 so due belts
Was astonished to find horizontal cylinder tensioner was locked and paint marked in the off position , belts so loose they have not turned tensioner pulleys should see how polished the back of the belt is 😢 So many posts on so many sites about belt tension ! Yet this ones done 3.5k with no tension at all. , guess it's better than over tensioned but gave me shudders when I removed the belt covers ,
New belts fitted now just can't wait for some dry tarmac to try her out
Old 01-01-2017, 08:59 PM   #2
rollo22

Bike: M1100evo
Belts every 2 years,
They were probably the original ones.
Old 01-01-2017, 09:07 PM   #3
dwilsonguitars

Yes original ones , Friday afternoon engine build ! Guess that's why mainly woman build the newer panigale engines , there more conscientious ��
Old 01-01-2017, 09:15 PM   #4
bigredduke
Nothing to see here

Welcome. Black or Red?

You will find that the 1100 Evo is awful at low revs so either keep the revs up (impractical around town) or get the ECU reflashed. Lots of info on here.

Safe riding.
bigredduke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2017, 09:29 PM   #5
Ron1000

Welcome to the EVO club. Amazing bit of kit…if it's not already got it you'll be wanting a performance ecu, air filter and termis. Also a 14tooth sprocket helps with town manners.
Ron1000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2017, 08:33 AM   #6
chris.p
Gold Member

Bike: No Bike Yet!
Welcome, Love my evo, here are some of the main mods I have done to my Evo, and they do make a BIG difference :-)

http://www.ukmonster.co.uk/monster/s...ad.php?t=50851

http://www.ukmonster.co.uk/monster/s...ad.php?t=50780

http://www.ukmonster.co.uk/monster/s...ad.php?t=51391

http://www.ukmonster.co.uk/monster/s...ad.php?t=52267

As Said, I love being out on my Evo, did a road bike only track day last year, upset a lot of il4 owners :-)
chris.p is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2017, 11:53 AM   #7
dwilsonguitars

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigredduke View Post
Welcome. Black or Red?

You will find that the 1100 Evo is awful at low revs so either keep the revs up (impractical around town) or get the ECU reflashed. Lots of info on here.

Safe riding.
Hi thanks for the welcome messages , it's a red one, is there an easy way to put photos on here ?
I only ride twisty country roads , never go anywhere near a town or city, she seams about the same gearing wise as my others so not a problem to me , at risk of upsetting not a termi fan , or carbon 😧, Have fitted an evo tech tail though 😊
Old 02-01-2017, 01:05 PM   #8
Mr Gazza
Lord of the Rings

Bike: M900sie
Upload you images here.. https://postimage.org/

Then copy and paste the whole line of text "Hotlink for forums" onto your post.
Old 02-01-2017, 10:21 AM   #9
Aviatore

Happy new year and welcome to the EVO, its a great bike! The right balance of power, weight and agility while keeping that lovely air cooled engine. I'm sure you'll absolutely love it. While I agree that the low end fueling should be addressed, I've actually preferred to have the 15 tooth sprocket after having tried the 14, but I also don't deal with city traffic too often. The bike and I are happiest on twisty country roads.
Old 03-01-2017, 04:46 PM   #11
Ron1000

Looks very clean that one. Very pretty.

If i may one thing I've done to mine that changes the fromt end look dramatically is getting a black light surround instead of the slivery metal also the matching carbon cover and carbon light backing make the front extremely pretty.

A carbon front mud guard also helps finish the look but that's moving it away from standard to point where it may not suit everyone's taste.

Also a nice aftermarket exhaust typically the shotgun termis are accepted as best…although (shameless plug) I've got a very pretty sc project for sale. It's not for the feint of heart tho.

Front end:

picture share

Last edited by Ron1000; 03-01-2017 at 04:57 PM..
Old 04-01-2017, 09:34 PM   #12
teddy1100

Termignoni db killers

Hi. New to all this so bear with me. I'm looking for 2 db killers/ baffles that come with the Monster Evo Termignoni exhaust. I'm not looking to silience the beasts just looking to do some mods that may or may not work or look any good. If anyone knows of any could you give me the nod . Many thanks .
Old 04-01-2017, 10:07 PM   #13
Ron1000

Quote:
Originally Posted by teddy1100 View Post
Hi. New to all this so bear with me. I'm looking for 2 db killers/ baffles that come with the Monster Evo Termignoni exhaust. I'm not looking to silience the beasts just looking to do some mods that may or may not work or look any good. If anyone knows of any could you give me the nod . Many thanks .
You can get full db killers from desmoworld on the internet. They also do inserts that look like baffles but don't take any edge off the noise.