UK Monster Owners Club Forum » .: UKMOC Regions :. » Region Announcements » SCOTLAND » Seat Lowering

Old 03-06-2006, 10:44 PM   #16
Chappers

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Kevlar Kid
Cue joke about women drivers

Errr ahem...

You jest but thank got my mother was standing to the right of me when I was stepping it back whilst trying to park and my foot went down a dip
Old 04-06-2006, 07:28 AM   #17
Dave G
Imagineer

Bike: S2r
If your out today Fran (sunday) Ducati Glasgow have organised a run up to aberfeldy or thereabouts,just turn up at the shop by 10am,I'm headed south to meet a 749 rider at Newton Stewart around 12.
And the weather looks good!
Old 04-06-2006, 01:55 PM   #18
Fran

Dave, cheers for info. Just breaking meself in gently tho ....clocked up a few miles with a RAT in tow!! Got back in time to catch Moto GP and BSB... one day I may pluck up the courage to ride along with the big Ducati Boys !!!
Old 05-06-2006, 01:00 PM   #19
Mrs Soup

Fran

It is just a matter of confidence, when I got the 600 I'd not ridden a bike for about 10 years and felt exactly the same. I have had the suspension lowered on both the 600 and the S2R, which for me was easier than mucking about with the seat.

The lower standard seat gives you about 10mm, and you can get a bit more by dropping the forks in the yokes and winding a bit of preload off. Also check to see if you can wind the bolts any further in on the suspension. As you're 2 inches taller than me you should get enough to give you confidence without mechanical mods.
Old 06-06-2006, 09:29 AM   #20
Fran

Thanks Jane....just wish i could by a bottle of confidence over the counter !! ,but will check to see if the bolts can be wound down any further. Im feeling a bit more positive now........been out on the Monnie 3 days in a row clocking up the miles... have been taking me brave pills as prescribe !! Hopefully the more I ride...the more confident I'll be !
Old 06-06-2006, 11:04 AM   #21
tamtbam@hotmail

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fran
Thanks Jane....just wish i could by a bottle of confidence over the counter !! ,but will check to see if the bolts can be wound down any further. Im feeling a bit more positive now........been out on the Monnie 3 days in a row clocking up the miles... have been taking me brave pills as prescribe !! Hopefully the more I ride...the more confident I'll be !
If you fancy a buzz aboot let me know Fran. Came off on the dun run on the 14th of last month and broke me neck in 2 places plus a couple of bust ribs. The neck brace will be off in 3 weeks and the babe will be fit to ride again so i'll need a nice longish run to get back in the saddle.
Could have 2 quiverin wrecks beside each other. lol.
Old 10-06-2006, 10:27 PM   #22
Fran

Hey Tam... glad to hear you and the babe are on the mend..... id be game for a buzz aboot.....weather permitting !!! lol. I know yer keen to get back on the babe but won't u have to have some physio beforehand? Im gonna be Stateside end june/beg july but will be back in time for BSB at knockhill and will catch up with you then. Take care me fellow quiverin wreck !! lol
Old 11-06-2006, 10:21 AM   #23
tamtbam@hotmail

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fran
Hey Tam... glad to hear you and the babe are on the mend..... id be game for a buzz aboot.....weather permitting !!! lol. I know yer keen to get back on the babe but won't u have to have some physio beforehand? Im gonna be Stateside end june/beg july but will be back in time for BSB at knockhill and will catch up with you then. Take care me fellow quiverin wreck !! lol
It'll have to be Knockhill then. Forgot about the neck strainin after it comes off. Think this resembles how i hit the dyke wall and how i felt after
Enjoy the states but remember there beers crap