UK Monster Owners Club Forum » .: Technical :. » Service/Dealer & Insurance » Tracker means my insurance goes up!?

Old 05-08-2013, 01:09 PM   #16
Martin696

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dukedesmo View Post
Some years ago my TV aerial was struck by lightning which caused alot of damage to TVs and other electrical stuff.

The insurance company sent an assessor to check that I had the declared mortice locks on the doors and locks on the windows, presumably they wouldn't have paid if my locks were not right.

They didn't ask to see any of the damaged electrical equipment...
Because the locks should have stopped the electrickery?
Old 31-10-2013, 10:18 PM   #17
modama

Just checking for insurance for my next Ducati... all these threads only bring a smile to my face. Insurance companies seem to work on reversed common sense. I thought about getting a tracker for piece of mind and lower premium but probably the best is to declare no security and see how it goes. I might end up having a tracker but only to know when the bike is when on hols away from country. Insurance companies, estate agents, traffic wardens... where do you start?
Old 07-11-2013, 03:22 PM   #18
jerry
Old Git

Bike: Multiple Monsters
Just had my insurance renewal in thailand for the S4 ,it it now 3rd part and fire only , no theft cover as its now 10 years old ???????last tear it had cover for value £4500 (200k baht) but anything over 10 years old cant have theft insurance ... barmy eh!! so if it gets nicked thats it .....
Old 08-11-2013, 11:46 AM   #19
Nickj
Too much time on my hands member

Bike: S2r
If you just want to know where the bike is then get a cheapo smart phone, less than £60 and running costs under £5 a month and stash it somewhere on the bike.
Make sure that it has the gelocation turned on.
Bingo you'll know where it is courtesy of google maps on your main phone unless it happens to be in a big steel box or a mobile deadzone. Then all you need to do is rustle up a posse, take some rope and pay them a visit.
Old 12-11-2013, 01:35 AM   #20
jerry
Old Git

Bike: Multiple Monsters
the only logic insurance companies have is ''GREEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEDDDDD'' and obfuscation !!!!!
Old 07-01-2014, 09:48 PM   #21
bobhenry999

Whatever you do, don`t for f...s sake fit an alarm, or else they will put the premium even more !
Old 08-01-2014, 06:50 AM   #22
MerlinPV12

Bike: M1100evo
Quote:
Originally Posted by bex View Post
Speak to Ducati Insurance when you're renewing. They actually have brain cells.

Tracker got my insurance significantly reduced.

BikeTrac supposedly have a very good recovery rate.
Agree with Bex, try Ducati insurance they were the only ones who would insure me as a returning biker with no recent biking history. All the others didn't want to know. FYI they reduced my premium as a result of having the BikeTrac fitted, but they then spoilt my feel good moment by telling me that despite having valued the bike with termi's if I have an accident they will only replace with stock exhaust!

Still remain very impressed with BikeTrac - dealer set off the tracker while bike was in for first service, I had a call from Biketrac within 2mins of it going off and all my named contacts called me as a result of receiving their texts.
Old 08-01-2014, 09:17 PM   #23
chris.p
Gold Member

Bike: No Bike Yet!
Been thinking of the new Garmin tracker, £179.99 cost including standard tracking for 1 year then I think it is around £48 per year after that.
https://buy.garmin.com/en-GB/GB/outd...prod67686.html

Chris.
chris.p is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2014, 07:55 AM   #24
bex

Quote:
Originally Posted by MerlinPV12 View Post
Still remain very impressed with BikeTrac - dealer set off the tracker while bike was in for first service, I had a call from Biketrac within 2mins of it going off and all my named contacts called me as a result of receiving their texts.
Yep, they're good to the point of annoying. They called, emailed and text me every morning for about a week when my bike was in the dealers a while ago and was obviously being moved outside every morning.....still, when it's nicked I'll be thankful for their diligence.

Handy, it text me recently saying 'battery disconnected', I guess it just ran low enough to drop off - was able to get the trickle charger on before it ran completely dead which I wouldn't likely have noticed any time soon.