View Single Post
Old 15-09-2019, 05:14 AM   #3
yellowfever

Bike: S2r 1000
A few years later in 2009, as better armour came along with developing CE standards and I got more disposable income, I decided to get upgraded armour for my kit. Forcefield (Davis Odell/T-pro) seemed to do well eg in Ride magazine tests etc, so I got in contact as I needed armour with velcro attachment (not the stuff you just put into pockets). I previously posted about my excellent experience visiting the factory to look at options and get velcro specially fitted there and then. See what I said then here:

http://www.ukmonster.co.uk/monster/s...ad.php?t=34345

However, armour continues to improve in performance and comfort whilst I continue to bounce less well every year. I spent the first 6 months of this year on crutches due to a bad injury to my knee snowboarding (not that armour would have helped me on that one) which did remind me how much rehab sucks, how nice it is to be able to walk etc... and gave me some time on my hands for researching bike kit (in lieu of riding as I've only recently been able to bend my leg enough to get on a bike...)

In the 10 years since I last upgraded the motorcycle body armour in my bike kit standards have continued to improve so I thought I'd take a look at what was out there and whether another upgrade was worthwhile.

Cont/
yellowfever is offline   Reply With Quote