UK Monster Owners Club Forum » .: Technical :. » Kits & Accessories » forcefield armour great customer service

Old 19-08-2009, 09:38 AM   #1
yellowfever

Bike: S2r 1000
forcefield armour great customer service

Just a quick post to say thank you for excellent customer service from forcefield motorbike armour (aka t-pro and davies odell). They make CE approved armour which is widely considered the best around - eg their back protector comfortably won the RIDE product test.

Been thinking about upgrading the armour in my vanson leathers which I've had for a few years and which have the vanson GP armour fitted. Although in my one crash it all stood up very well, I'm conscious this armour is pretty old fashioned these days and does not meet the CE standard (I bought this before the CE standard came in). So I decided to look at getting some more modern stuff to replace the vanson armour and forcefield were top of the list given their products reputation for exceeding the CE standards.

However, my vanson leathers don't have pockets for the armour, it instead fits between the leathers and the lining using velco strips so I emailed forcefield to see what the options were. I got a reply the next day with various suggestions including that if it was convenient I could come to the factory with my leathers and they'd fit velco to their armour to suit.

I took them up on this and went yesterday (they are in Northampton). Just awesome service - they got out their various armour options and we decided what worked best before going to the shop floor to get velco stitched to the armour so it would attach and then fitted it all to ensure it worked fine. All done there and then and I was only charged for the armour I bought - around £140 for knees, hips, shoulders, elbows and highest level protection back protector - with all the help and velco/sewing done for nothing. Just wonderful service and I can't thank them enough. There is no shop there as such - it is simply the factory - so good that they took the time to help me, given one individual customers requirements is hardly a major order for them!

The owner also stopped by on the shop floor as I was getting the armour velco done to ensure everything was being sorted, so perhaps this explains why the service is so good - it comes from the top down.

As for the product itself, obviously I can't comment on the protective qualities but the RIDE and CE results give confidence it will do the job. On comfort, the armour in general is no more bulky, lighter and more comfortable that the stuff it replaced with the exception of the back protector which is a bit heavier and thicker (though I went for the highest level 2 CE protection - level 1 CE is thinner, but I wanted the best) but still comfortable.

Anyway, just wanted to post this to thank them and in case anyone else is looking at armour replacement. For cynics/those with a suspicious mind (me too!) I should add I've
no connection with the company other than being a customer glad to see that companies who take service seriously still exist....
yellowfever is offline   Reply With Quote