PDA

View Full Version : Horn Trouble

CAKE
03-11-2004, 08:25 PM
Can anyone help me?
My horn stuck in the other day so we took the fitting off to release it and found a mangled peice of rubber.
Needless to say, when pressed, the horn now stays in and will not spring back.
Dealers tell me that I can not buy a replacment rubber or a 'spring back' mechansism, I have to buy a whole new unit!
At over £75, I think this is a rip off when I'm sure a peice of modified sprung metal will do, although I have no idea how to modify/fit it!
Has anyone else had this problem and what did you do to fix it?
Thanks
Debs

gary tompkins
03-11-2004, 08:39 PM
Debs,

Have a look on Ebay - just do a search for spares by manufacturer & Ducati. I've seen R/H switchgear on there selling for around £20, and the L/H one that you need shouldn't be more than £30 secondhand. Other than that try Spareshack or PM nattyboy, as he often has bits like that for sale.

I got quoted £75 for a new R/H switchgear unit earlier this year when the starter packed in, but luckily I discovered it was just a broken wire in the loom so the switchgear wasn't needed.

You've obviously still not sold the 600 Monster yet then?

GT ;)

gary tompkins
03-11-2004, 09:15 PM
Just had a quick look on fleabay and I spotted this one. It's for a 748/916/996 but the wiring loom should be similar, and the only thing that may not match is the loom plug which could be cut/swapped from your old unit?

Could be worth a bid - only up for £10 with 3 days left to go ;)

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=10448&item=7931259912&rd=1&ssPageName=WDVW

Didge
03-11-2004, 10:17 PM
Horn Trouble?
This thread is an invitation to smuttyness......but I'm fighting the urge to go any further.
In fact, I'm surprised Mr Gary 'fnarr-fnarr' Tompkins hasn't picked up on it.

gary tompkins
03-11-2004, 11:01 PM
Didge,

I must admit I thought CAKE's post was a gag at first, then spotted it wasn't in the humour section so had a look to suss it out. As for the 'fnaar-fnaar' comment I guess you are referring to my "nice horn" reply on FB's post earlier this evening?

Just had to be done :D

Didge
04-11-2004, 07:25 AM
Didge,
I must admit I thought CAKE's post was a gag at first, then spotted it wasn't in the humour section so had a look to suss it out. As for the 'fnaar-fnaar' comment I guess you are referring to my "nice horn" reply on FB's post earlier this evening?
Just had to be done :D

Gary, since when has it mattered to you wether something was in the humour section or not before coming out with the obligatory (and in my view funny) smutty 'Carry-On' comment? :rolleyes: :D

A Yerbury
04-11-2004, 08:40 AM
replacement (busters horns, fnaar fnaar) a tenner and nicer looking. but your problem is not the horn is it? its the switch mechanism? sorry I havent woken up properly yet..

CAKE
05-11-2004, 08:45 AM
Thanks Gary me darlin. Will have a mooch (although I keep getting distracted by the make up pages).

Didge. Be as smutty as you like. Life just wouldnt be the same without your gay wit & repartee....

Cake
XXX