PDA

View Full Version : Where's The Other Yorkies???

dazzi-b
23-07-2004, 09:03 PM
We have our own pages :D
It's what we all wanted :D
We've been after a region listing for ages :D

And it looks like I'm the only one of us using it...........I'm all alone in YORKSHIRE!!!!!! :(

slug
23-07-2004, 09:35 PM
Well its about time the greatest county in England had its own section in the UKMOC forum.
I dont live there any more but I visit frequently, in fact I rode to leeds and back today on business and often nip over from Lancashire to visit friends and relatives.

I would be up for a Lancs, Manc's, Yorks get together sometime (diary and household chores permitting)

dazzi-b
23-07-2004, 09:42 PM
You are more than welcome to come to a meet :) I think there's going to be a gathering on the 22nd Aug with the Mankys, Geordies, Yorkies and anybody else who wishes to attend :D

Macca
23-07-2004, 11:07 PM
I pick up my bike tomorrow so I'll finally be armed and dangerous in Yorkshire!!!

hammy
27-07-2004, 04:02 PM
I've only been riding a year, learning all the time, but would be up for meeting some locals to talk Monsters, booze, football, Monster etc.

Where's 'the gathering' likely to be? I want to be there :D

dazzi-b
27-07-2004, 04:11 PM
Hiya,
It should be at the Crown in Easingwold but we'll have to wait to see what the Manks say :burnout:

hammy
27-07-2004, 04:25 PM
You're going to listen to what the Mank's say? :D
Keep us all informed, I NEED to be there!!

I'm off home now, speak to you again soon.
Cheers Hammy

dazzi-b
27-07-2004, 05:58 PM
Don't underestimate the power of a Mank :D We have our own pages because of help from a Mank :) They're our friends and are welcome over here anytime they wish to pay a visit :)

Did you see the last Easingwold pictures? Here is the line up of Yorkie,Mankie,Newkie and Linkie bikes on parade :burnout:

boppy
27-07-2004, 07:51 PM
Hiya dazzi. I'm still around but don't know where Lox is. Anyway going to have a ride over to Sherburn tomorrow evening, see if you can make it if shifts permmit, cheers Dave. :)

dazzi-b
27-07-2004, 07:57 PM
Hiya Dave,
It's good to hear from you :)
I'm on some Red Cross First Aid course this week so with a bit of luck and no homework (it's like been at school again) :( I should be able to pop to Squires. I haven't heard anything from Rich since Easingwold :confused:
Speak to you soon,
Darran :burnout:

boppy
27-07-2004, 08:10 PM
Great to hear from you too dazzi-b. If you can make it I'll be there from about 6ish, so I can grab miself some tea.

Macca
28-07-2004, 10:07 AM
I'm still running my bike in at the moment (only 300 miles so far), but as soon as I'm though the 1st service gubbins I'm up for meeting.

Macca

hammy
28-07-2004, 10:26 AM
I wasn't planning a trip to Sherburn, but work & weather permitting (I'm a bit of a mincer, only go out if it's over 25 degrees :D ) I'll have a blast over. Doubt I'll be there before 7. Maybe see you if you're still off.

Cheers
Hammy

dazzi-b
28-07-2004, 07:03 PM
Hiya Dave,
I called a Squires straight from work (I finished at Half 7) I looked around but didn't notice you amongst the crowds :( I only stayed 10 mins or so before having to get back home :(

It was well packed out. I noticed the police were out in force scattered along some of the back roads and hiding behind the bushes :mad:

boppy
28-07-2004, 09:17 PM
Hi Darren, I was there from 6.30-7.40 sat up on the banking where us lot were last time. Your right it was heaving. Must have just missed yer. Your right about the local plod everywhere. Went back via Cawood and there was one parked at the top of a country lane so expecting a raffle ticket in not to distant future. See ya soon, Dave. :cool:

Massey
09-08-2004, 01:09 AM
Hi Mate,

I'm a Geordie now lost living in Yorkshire (Holmfirth). I'll start to use the page to see whats going on.

Cheers,
Massey.

Jeffers
26-08-2008, 09:18 PM
Hi guys Ive only just bought my 1st monster so joined this forum, its nice to see others in the area riding monsters, do any of you visit squires on a regular basis?

jeffers

dazzi-b
27-08-2008, 09:31 AM
Hi guys Ive only just bought my 1st monster so joined this forum, its nice to see others in the area riding monsters, do any of you visit squires on a regular basis?

jeffers

Hi Jeffers,

I'm at Squires on a regular basis but don't always take the monster down (I'm usually seen with a camera hanging from my neck if I'm not on the bike)
Was it you I saw on Bank Holiday Monday with a young lad as pillion?

PaulEllison
27-08-2008, 10:02 AM
For anybody wanting monthly get togethers in the Bolton area, the DOC meets up Last WEDNESDAY of the month at The Red Lion Pub on the A6 at 4 Lane Ends, Over Hulton, Bolton Lancashire, BL5 1BJ ( M61 - J5 )

mad_turnips
27-08-2008, 11:43 AM
thats good i was worried for a min you had chocolate issues

Mr Cake
27-08-2008, 11:46 AM
Sorry lads, I'm practically a southerner to you. Yet I get called 'The Northern One'... :rolleyes:

Phatty
27-08-2008, 08:32 PM
i'm up for a yorkshire meet. only seen about 3 monster up at squires (typically one was an S4R and the other was an S4RS!)

gjfevans
27-08-2008, 09:05 PM
Why dont we all make an effort then and meet either at Squires or that other cafe Hebden Bridge way next week

ducrissi
29-08-2008, 07:24 AM
Why dont we all make an effort then and meet either at Squires or that other cafe Hebden Bridge way next week

sounds like a good idea - but i can't do this weekend or next (is anyone else going to Storming the Castle?)

but i'll keep an eye out for another time - would be good to see ppl.

sheepshearer
18-09-2008, 10:20 AM
just registering my existence. like it says on the left Keighley. Oxenhope to be precise. 98 M750, first big bike, lot to learn. i'll be out and about when i can, but most rides are a snatched couple of hours when the wife and kids are busy and i'm not required.

andros
18-09-2008, 12:55 PM
Hi and welcome fellow Yorkshire person.

I know what you mean about quick rideouts between other commitments, but you'll have to give the family some notice and try to attend one of the meet ups / rides at some point. So keep your eye on the board.

sprintbint
18-09-2008, 01:25 PM
Alan and myself are near Whitby, we often go to Seaways cafe in Fridaythorpe.

nambduke
18-09-2008, 03:59 PM
.......have a ride out to the Classic Bike Show at Kirleatham Museum on the 28th September. Everyone welcome!

PS I've arranged for good weather!

Regards.
Mark

Details are as follows:

http://i285.photobucket.com/albums/ll56/nambutler/UKMOC%20Information/27thTeessideClassicBikeShow.jpg
http://i285.photobucket.com/albums/ll56/nambutler/UKMOC%20Information/KirkleathamMuseumLocationMap.jpg

Mand
18-09-2008, 07:32 PM
Everyone welcome? Even Midlanders and a stray R1 (ex monster owner) from the North West.

You say you've arranged the weather, I'm interested. :biggrin:

nambduke
18-09-2008, 08:33 PM
........almost anyone.

The original idea was to get as many Monsters and UKMOC members there as possible. The premise was the Monster is an Emerging Classic and the organisers agreed. The venue is literally 4miles from where I live and I know the organisers, so I thought it would be a good opportunity for some of the Northern part of the country to show off our Monsters!

As for the weather.....I'll keep checking the Met Office! Fingers crossed.

I just hope I'm not the only UKMOC member there otherwise I'm going to look rather silly sat in my little gazebo polishing my Monster!!?? Didn't sound quite right that did it??

Regards,
Mark

WOW WHAT'S JUST HAPPENED TO THE FORUM???NICE GRAPHICS!!

Phatty
18-09-2008, 08:55 PM
I think it'd be rude for me not to go, seeing as i lived about 2 miles awy from there for about 20 years.

sheepshearer
19-09-2008, 12:41 AM
i'm tempted - but note sure i can swing it even though the in law's live in Guisborough and my brother's in Billingham :(

ducrissi
19-09-2008, 12:35 PM
i'm hoping to be there as well!

nambduke
19-09-2008, 12:44 PM
i'm hoping to be there as well!

Hi ducrissi,

More than happy to see you there if you can make it.

Regards,
Mark

Beth
09-10-2008, 09:27 PM
Not sure if this is the right place but hopefully won't offend anyone, anyway hello (clicked on a few profiles so can see there are a few local riders) :)

We're ('Phooey'/Chris the other half and me) fairly regular across at Squires, I'm five mins from there Oulton/Rothwell way. We tend to ride out (and back) that way towards north Yorks etc.
He's on our GS Adventure (perfect for him in every way)! I'm on our little 696 (I'm saying 'our' cos he's ridden every sports bike going in his lifetime, just got caught by his very first speed camera taking our little 696 for it's service) :worried: :)

Be really nice to say hello if anyone's about weekends or evenings (I'm a teacher so a bit lucky, Chris is about at the weekend but I also pass that way sometimes riding early evening through the week). Best wishes everyone :) xx

dazzi-b
09-10-2008, 10:06 PM
Not sure if this is the right place but hopefully won't offend anyone, anyway hello (clicked on a few profiles so can see there are a few local riders) :)

We're ('Phooey'/Chris the other half and me) fairly regular across at Squires, I'm five mins from there Oulton/Rothwell way. We tend to ride out (and back) that way towards north Yorks etc.
He's on our GS Adventure (perfect for him in every way)! I'm on our little 696 (I'm saying 'our' cos he's ridden every sports bike going in his lifetime, just got caught by his very first speed camera taking our little 696 for it's service) :worried: :)

Be really nice to say hello if anyone's about weekends or evenings (I'm a teacher so a bit lucky, Chris is about at the weekend but I also pass that way sometimes riding early evening through the week). Best wishes everyone :) xx

Hi Beth,
As you can see from my profile I live in Sherburn so I'm only a stones throw away from Squires but due to my shift pattern can't always manage to get there for meet ups but hope to catch you down there at some point to say hi.
dazzi-b

Beth
10-10-2008, 08:50 AM
Hope so too :)

May be riding out from there this Sunday but will be quite early on, we'll be around quite a bit the last week of October though, be nice to bump into you then (not literally of course) :) xx

rockjock620
16-10-2008, 06:56 PM
Go take a look at www.ducati-upnorth.com as well. Lots of Monsters on there, many rideouts and all welcome.