PDA

View Full Version : Back to the fold!

gremlin
26-05-2014, 02:14 PM
Yay:woot: back on line again and raring to go. Gremlin is living up to her name and refusing to play ball now I'm feeling well enough to ride :thumbsdown:. The vacuum tap is playing up so a replacement is needed. Have had a look and an ER6 one may do the trick as genuine ones seem to be an awful lot of money. Have a lovely new man:heart: who so far has refrained from saying the inevitable phrase "f***ing Ducati!" He's come close, especially when she decided not to let him MOT her, he'd stayed late to get her done but she decided to spew petrol everywhere then skinned his shins when wheeling her out. She's been languishing in his workshop waiting for us to have time to do the work on her. Not that she's complaining she has Bengy the VFR to snuggle up to and Tushy the GS500 and any other bike that's in for work. May have a 125 lined up to get me back on the road and get my confidence back again in the meantime. It's been nearly a two year lay off. I'd like to get straight back on the old girl but himself thinks after so long off the bike I may struggle with her when I'm rusty.Having said that I'm managing to wheel her about now. I'm just looking forward to getting out on the pointy end of anything at the mo having had the easy option of the back of a Fireblade for the last few months. Anyway hope to get out for a fish and chip run or something soon even if I am still sans Ducati.

Mr Gazza
26-05-2014, 05:46 PM
Funny thing.....I was talking to a member today (Dukedesmo I think?) and he mentioned you in the context of being a member near me.

Didn't realise you had been out of the loop, but hope to meet up some time and swap notes.

Hope you can get back on the Monster soon.

Grumpy
26-05-2014, 07:24 PM
Funny thing.....I was talking to a member today (Dukedesmo I think?) and he mentioned you in the context of being a member near me.

Didn't realise you had been out of the loop, but hope to meet up some time and swap notes.

Hope you can get back on the Monster soon.

That was me!

Welcome back Sarah, good to hear from you.

Sounds like a chip run to Southwold is in order!!

Mr Gazza
26-05-2014, 07:51 PM
So it was Grumpy.... Memory like a sieve. :scratch: Good to meet you...:D

gremlin
26-05-2014, 10:20 PM
Sieve like memory here too! Be cool to catch up, even if the old girl isn't back on the road, I can go for the lazy option on the 'Blade if neither of my bikes are ready for use. Where in Norwich are you Gazza? I'm often found at ABC Motorcycles if you fancy a coffee. This week I'll be there most of the week as we're a mechanic down but usually it's every other Saturday and Mondays. Had weekend off this week, unfortunately we only have every other Sunday free for playtime which makes organising things difficult.
Grumpy usually organises a chish and fip run so no doubt he'll get in touch when the next one happens, haven't done it for a couple of years. Posh pigs do a crackin breakfast too.

Mr Gazza
27-05-2014, 06:46 PM
I sent you a pm Gremlin but your mailbox is full.

Yes count me in for a Fish and chip run...Or any thing else going in this neck of the woods...Might even interest some of the other Norfolk/Suffolk people?

gremlin
27-05-2014, 08:52 PM
Box empty! So many old ones I'd forgotten about. We're busy on Saturday and have to go out on Sunday pm this weekend and next one we have stepdaughter. Will be going to Snetterton though so perhaps we can have a meet up there.

Nickj
27-05-2014, 10:32 PM
Hey Nice to see you back :)

gremlin
28-05-2014, 08:22 PM
Thank you Nickj! Looking forward to meeting up with everyone again. Have stayed in touch with Grumpy and Hellcat but haven't seen Hellcat for ages.