PDA

View Full Version : Dual filament tail light.

Boppin Bobby
24-01-2004, 10:33 AM
Does anyone know of, or has changed their tail light for a 2 bulb unit, as i'm fed up getting home with either the tail or brake light inop. This seems due to the contact tags being made of plasticine. I'm forever bending them back in. ( no they're not work hardened yet.)
Cheers. :p

Duncan
24-01-2004, 10:52 AM
I took the bulb holder out another conventional tail light and threw the Ducati bulb hloder away and siliconed the conventional one in place and it works just fine.

LED bulbs - Tried them, not impressed.

spacemonkey
24-01-2004, 11:12 AM
When I can be arsed I was gonna wire in an LED on the dash to relate to each element so that I know they're working, but since fiddling with the contacts last year and putting some paper to insulate them from the seat etc, they have been fine.

Pedro
24-01-2004, 02:59 PM
I have the silvrpaper from a ciggie packet wedged in between bulb and contacts - works just fine.....

Ped

fatbloke
24-01-2004, 06:03 PM
Originally posted by Boppin Bobby
Does anyone know of, or has changed their tail light for a 2 bulb unit, as i'm fed up getting home with either the tail or brake light inop. This seems due to the contact tags being made of plasticine. I'm forever bending them back in. ( no they're not work hardened yet.)
Cheers. :p

Have a look at this thread (http://www.ukmonster.co.uk/monster/showthread.php?s=&threadid=4638) I've got this led fitted and its spot on

grunter
24-01-2004, 06:54 PM
they work i,ve spanked more bulbs than a dutchmen

CK & AK
24-01-2004, 07:40 PM
LED's for AK too.

A

Boppin Bobby
25-01-2004, 10:37 AM
looks good this tail light unit. How much? As the light unit itself is held together gashly due to previous owner breaking off screw posts & siliconing the lens on.
With regards to original problem. It's the contacts getting dirty so cleaned em up & wo hoo. ( not that much is so close behind me as to worry wether i'm stopping ahem.)

Phoenix
30-01-2004, 07:54 AM
Had this problem too when I first had the bike. Constantly fiddling to get the lights to work. Once the contacts were thoroughly cleaned, realigned etc i've had no problems ever since.

Nige mooted something about making a LED set for Max....have to hold him to it this year i reckon :D