PDA

View Full Version : Ducati Manchester Fun Day - June 5th

LouSCannon
05-05-2011, 02:51 PM
Hi all,

Picking up the mantel of Manchester Rep, and following my PM to all NW area members, it would be great to have a good turn out of Monsters at our local Ducati Dealer's fun day in early June...

Further details on the flyer below.... if there is enough interest I'd be happy to arrange a short ride out and see if we can organise a ride in together... we all know the sight and sound of a group of Monsters is always impressive!

I fully intend to be there, please do either post up or PM me if interested in a meet up for brekky and a short ride beforehand?

http://i156.photobucket.com/albums/t6/j1mb02001/MancFunDayA5.jpg

Mand
05-05-2011, 05:43 PM
Sounds ace. Count me in!

samieb
05-05-2011, 05:55 PM
Will be at the TT.. :woot: :yoparty:

Trust you've talked to Buzzbomb to Jim. After all he did ask Chris @ Ducati Manchester to hold it on this day and help out where necessary.

Mr Cake
05-05-2011, 05:58 PM
I'm interested if other "Monsters" are permitted.

C

stinger
05-05-2011, 07:53 PM
i'll be there weather permitting:mand:

buzzbomb
05-05-2011, 08:19 PM

C
Every one is welcome, the more the merrier...:mand:

If you look on the DucatiManchester web-site you'll see what a great day that we've got planned for all ages.

It would make my day if a mass ride in of monsters could be organised so come on and support all the effort thats being put in to it by Chris and the guys and gals at DM...:thumbsup:

Mark B
05-05-2011, 09:55 PM
I'll be there :) sounds great !

the_adam
05-05-2011, 11:20 PM
Sounds good to me, what are the chances of the colouring competition being opened up to all? :D

LouSCannon
06-05-2011, 07:36 AM

C

Only speaking for myself, I don't really mind who is riding what.... just ride at the back (Which is more fun anyway :) )...

Although must admit, Pan Ams and Harleys can just meet us there ;)

LouSCannon
06-05-2011, 07:37 AM
Sounds good to me, what are the chances of the colouring competition being opened up to all? :D

I said that... think a special adult or UKMOC judging contest should be opened no? :)

buzzbomb
06-05-2011, 08:27 AM
Now boys if it stops you throwing everything else out of the pram...:bunny:

So be it...;);)

Chris said to me that if theres a really good design he might get a monster painted up to go on show in the store...:thumbsup:

the_adam
18-05-2011, 02:13 PM
Sounds like I'll have to take this colouring competition more seriously! On a sidenote, I like the idea of using a load of paper mache and fur fabric to create a sort of squirrel-bike. Maybe not something to do to a monster though! Truth is, I just want to ride a giant squirrel :D

Anything further on the possible rideout/meetup idea? Know a couple of non-Ducati people in Sale that would probably be interested in coming along too...but they can just meet us there :)

buzzbomb
18-05-2011, 04:50 PM
Adam I think Jim is going to organise the ride in, I'll be on duty all day so come :ukm: lets show what we can do.
Don't forget to bring stuff you want Foggy to sign and I don't mean blank cheques...:biggrin:

LouSCannon
18-05-2011, 05:50 PM
Was on my list to do today, unfortunately a hangover came up and took up most of my day!

Mr Cake
18-05-2011, 06:04 PM
Homebrew again, chief?

C

LouSCannon
18-05-2011, 06:54 PM
Not this time, I've become a regular at a local pub... last night was a quick pint after work that somehow grew into a 1am stumble home... not entirely sure how...

Mand
18-05-2011, 07:08 PM
And you dined out on a bag of ox flavoured crisps too? Lethal combo.

Mr Cake
18-05-2011, 07:08 PM
Thin end o' the wedge is that, Jim! Keep at it though because its about to get so good!

C

the_adam
30-05-2011, 09:26 PM
Do we know what time the event itself is starting? Have a had a couple of people wondering and I can't seem to find it anywhere! :)

LouSCannon
31-05-2011, 03:24 PM
Hi all,

I've just sent out a message to the NW members, would really like to try and support this event as best we can, Ducati Manchester are a very friendly and approachable dealer who believe in supporting the DOCs....

I spoke with Chris and he would love us to be there for 11am... given the timings and unknown number of people I will happily sit down with a coffee and sort a bit of a jaunt out for mid to late afternoon for those who turn up (God bless iPhones, Google Maps and Best Biking Roads apps)...!

So far I know Me, Samie, Adam, Geoff and hopefully Mand will be making an appearance... would love to see some new faces!

Please either drop me a PM or reply here if you can make this.....

stinger
01-06-2011, 08:50 PM
Should be no problem being there for 11:00 and would be interested in a ridout mid afternoon ish.

cosmicknome
01-06-2011, 10:13 PM
I to hope to attend, i so far have not meet any members of the club so here's hoping.

the_adam
01-06-2011, 11:10 PM
You won't be the only one, I've only managed to meet the one I bought the bike off so far :)

May possibly be up for a quick rideout after...although I think I've got the smallest engine by quite a long way and I've not done much other than commuting on it this year! :look:

LouSCannon
02-06-2011, 10:07 AM
Hey... if I can keep up with a custom 900, a 1000 and a S4Rs through wales on that bike I'm sure you can handle a gentle bimble!

Should have a few of us there so will see what people fancy over a coffee, you all probably know the area better then I to begin with!! :)

See you guys and the guys who PM'd me on Sunday, should be a good day!

the_adam
05-06-2011, 04:44 PM
Was a good day, nice to put faces to a couple of names too :thumbsup: Shame about the rain though, it seems to have cleared up nicely now!

Albie
05-06-2011, 05:10 PM
Any pics. It p1ssed down nearly all day down here. :hissy:

buzzbomb
05-06-2011, 05:40 PM
Yes we had rain!! after all it is manchester, BUT the day went off splendidly, Foggy was on top form signing stuff, having pics taken and generally chatting to the customers, the XtremeTrials guys put on a couple of fantastic shows inbetween the showers and the store was packed out to the doors all day.
Jims taken lots of pics which he'll post asap and I'd just like to thank all of you guys and gals that made the effort to turn up I'm sure you all went home happy if not alittle wet.

Geoff..aka..buzzbomb.

Albie
05-06-2011, 06:52 PM
Yes we had rain!! after all it is manchester, BUT the day went off splendidly, Foggy was on top form signing stuff, having pics taken and generally chatting to the customers, the XtremeTrials guys put on a couple of fantastic shows inbetween the showers and the store was packed out to the doors all day.
Jims taken lots of pics which he'll post asap and I'd just like to thank all of you guys and gals that made the effort to turn up I'm sure you all went home happy if not alittle wet.

Geoff..aka..buzzbomb.

Glad you had a good day Geoff. Foggy is a lot more relaxed nowadays.

STIVH
05-06-2011, 08:22 PM
It was very Busy and Very enjoyable if a bit short timewise for me, I really must finish off my bike rebuild to enjoy these events a bit more, just aint the same turning up in a tin box.

LouSCannon
07-06-2011, 08:33 AM
Great day, put up a link to the pics, can't actually post pics in Region Announcements for some reason tho?!

Shame about the drizzle in the afternoon but didn't do much to stop the day, hope you all had a good ride home, will be in touch soon about organising a proper ride... perhaps Blackpool for an ice cream??

the_adam
07-06-2011, 11:16 AM
Adam likes icecream :) I'm not that available at weekends but will see what I can do...came across those gold valve caps yesterday too if you can use them, I'll get a picture sent tonight (assuming I can find them again!) Free if you want them :thumbsup: