PDA

View Full Version : Analouge Rogue - SPOTTED

Jungle24
04-06-2010, 02:34 PM
Saw you flying up the Oxford Road today at 15:01pm. Cant miss those yellow wheels!!!

analogue_rogue
04-06-2010, 03:36 PM
Saw you flying up the Oxford Road today at 15:01pm. Cant miss those yellow wheels!!!

hell yeah that was me.. sadly that was the last trip for a bit.. it blew the fork seals and now i have a ticking from the front wheel thats vibrating through the stock.. cant be bearings cos they are new.. so im a little confussled!!!

Jungle24
04-06-2010, 03:39 PM
Sorry mate I cant help with any technical advice other than it doesnt sound too good! Hope to see you burning around on it again soon!!

analogue_rogue
05-06-2010, 08:36 AM
yeah.. ill get the bits this week and get on it.. did you see the freshly chopped tail?

Ducmon
05-06-2010, 09:14 AM
I found that Athena fork seals are the best for the 600. They are made for the forks and not for rotation. I fitted Pyramid and genuine ducati fork seals and they both leaked.

www.athena-ad.com is their website.
ebay 250534158459

David

Jungle24
05-06-2010, 09:21 AM
Didn't notice the chop actually as only caught a glimpse of you, mainly saw the yellow wheels!!

analogue_rogue
05-06-2010, 01:26 PM
I found that Athena fork seals are the best for the 600. They are made for the forks and not for rotation. I fitted Pyramid and genuine ducati fork seals and they both leaked.

www.athena-ad.com is their website.
ebay 250534158459

David

i got some performance ones.. the only thing im worried about on these forks (having only done standard ones not upside down forks) is the special tools that haynes keep harping on about!

crust
05-06-2010, 02:53 PM
i got some performance ones.. the only thing im worried about on these forks (having only done standard ones not upside down forks) is the special tools that haynes keep harping on about!

The special tools arent that special to be honest.

A mate and a pair of screwdrivers will do most of it.

For a seal driver pop down to B&Q or the like and buy a short length of plastic water pipe, cut off a 75mm length and cut that lengthways in two. Put the two pieces around the fork leg and hold them together with a cable tie then use them as a slide hammer to drive the seal down into the upper leg.

Oh, and to get the inner leg to pull out of the outer leg give it a damn good yank, when that doesnt work, yank it harder.

Ducmon
05-06-2010, 04:54 PM
I have never used any special tools. I found that a screw (sorry dont know the thread size) and a piece of wire to pull on was enough to pull the inner leg which the c clips fit onto was a great help.

It is worth getting a veneer caliper to help you measure the oil rather than go on the cc as there is always some oil left in the forks
David

analogue_rogue
05-06-2010, 05:21 PM
i was gonna use a ruler and a mk1 eyeball :D

CK & AK
05-06-2010, 06:56 PM
What Crust said - and the Ducati seals are not usually ever a problem - we've used them on the racebikes from 600's upwards. Make sure they are done properly!