UK Monster Owners Club Forum » .: General :. » Spotted » Analouge Rogue - SPOTTED

Old 04-06-2010, 02:34 PM   #1
Jungle24

Analouge Rogue - SPOTTED

Saw you flying up the Oxford Road today at 15:01pm. Cant miss those yellow wheels!!!
Old 04-06-2010, 03:36 PM   #2
analogue_rogue

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jungle24 View Post
Saw you flying up the Oxford Road today at 15:01pm. Cant miss those yellow wheels!!!
hell yeah that was me.. sadly that was the last trip for a bit.. it blew the fork seals and now i have a ticking from the front wheel thats vibrating through the stock.. cant be bearings cos they are new.. so im a little confussled!!!
Old 04-06-2010, 03:39 PM   #3
Jungle24

Sorry mate I cant help with any technical advice other than it doesnt sound too good! Hope to see you burning around on it again soon!!
Old 05-06-2010, 08:36 AM   #4
analogue_rogue

yeah.. ill get the bits this week and get on it.. did you see the freshly chopped tail?
Old 05-06-2010, 09:14 AM   #5
Ducmon

I found that Athena fork seals are the best for the 600. They are made for the forks and not for rotation. I fitted Pyramid and genuine ducati fork seals and they both leaked.

www.athena-ad.com is their website.
ebay 250534158459

David
Old 05-06-2010, 09:21 AM   #6
Jungle24

Didn't notice the chop actually as only caught a glimpse of you, mainly saw the yellow wheels!!
Old 05-06-2010, 01:26 PM   #7
analogue_rogue

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ducmon View Post
I found that Athena fork seals are the best for the 600. They are made for the forks and not for rotation. I fitted Pyramid and genuine ducati fork seals and they both leaked.

www.athena-ad.com is their website.
ebay 250534158459

David
i got some performance ones.. the only thing im worried about on these forks (having only done standard ones not upside down forks) is the special tools that haynes keep harping on about!
Old 05-06-2010, 02:53 PM   #8
crust
rattles when he walks

Bike: M900
Quote:
Originally Posted by analogue_rogue View Post
i got some performance ones.. the only thing im worried about on these forks (having only done standard ones not upside down forks) is the special tools that haynes keep harping on about!
The special tools arent that special to be honest.

A mate and a pair of screwdrivers will do most of it.

For a seal driver pop down to B&Q or the like and buy a short length of plastic water pipe, cut off a 75mm length and cut that lengthways in two. Put the two pieces around the fork leg and hold them together with a cable tie then use them as a slide hammer to drive the seal down into the upper leg.

Oh, and to get the inner leg to pull out of the outer leg give it a damn good yank, when that doesnt work, yank it harder.
crust is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2010, 04:54 PM   #9
Ducmon

I have never used any special tools. I found that a screw (sorry dont know the thread size) and a piece of wire to pull on was enough to pull the inner leg which the c clips fit onto was a great help.

It is worth getting a veneer caliper to help you measure the oil rather than go on the cc as there is always some oil left in the forks
David
Old 05-06-2010, 05:21 PM   #10
analogue_rogue

i was gonna use a ruler and a mk1 eyeball
Old 05-06-2010, 06:56 PM   #11
CK & AK
flob-a-lob-a-lob

Bike: Multiple Monsters
What Crust said - and the Ducati seals are not usually ever a problem - we've used them on the racebikes from 600's upwards. Make sure they are done properly!
CK & AK is offline   Reply With Quote