PDA

View Full Version : Albie & Carolines BBQ '09

Albie
09-06-2009, 05:45 PM
Hi peeps.
As per last year we are having a summer BBQ at our house.
The date will be 25th of July 2009. Not my birthday weekend as last year cos I have to work that weekend. Im doing Saturday so Sunday maybe free for a nice ride if the weathers good and also so you dont have to go to work next day so slope off early.
Please let us know roughly whose coming so numbers can be catered for. Also if you are veggie we can provide too.
Bring you other halfs .
Time. You can come when you want and help but after 2pm would be fine.
Albie

J.P
09-06-2009, 05:55 PM
Count me in. On my own. Emma busy.

alan c
09-06-2009, 07:36 PM
thats sounds great Albie, wendy and i would love to come, have you checked the weather with Gary (victor) T ????? :yoparty:

Albie
09-06-2009, 07:41 PM
thats sounds great Albie, wendy and i would love to come, have you checked the weather with Gary (victor) T ????? :yoparty:

Dont start. He poo poo'd my last years day and said sunday. saturday was nicer :D:D

Your on the list

scrapps
10-06-2009, 11:39 AM
count us in buddy......:mand:

Paivi
10-06-2009, 11:46 AM
Ooh, I'd like to come along, too, if I may! The last time I had a barbie was about two years ago, and before that, about five years earlier.

Just a couple of silkworms & crickets will do me...

Albie
10-06-2009, 05:08 PM
Ooh, I'd like to come along, too, if I may! The last time I had a barbie was about two years ago, and before that, about five years earlier.

Just a couple of silkworms & crickets will do me...
Of course you may

GULLY
22-06-2009, 09:31 PM
Hi mate.
you can count me and megan in on that one old boy.
hope you are all well and see you soon.

gully

Albie
22-06-2009, 09:36 PM
Good man see you soon :yoparty:

CK & AK
23-06-2009, 08:45 PM
So sorry Albie, but we wont be able to come to this mate :( as we have to be at MotoGP over that weekend
Hope the good weather keeps up for it mate

C :)

Albie
23-06-2009, 08:50 PM
So sorry Albie, but we wont be able to come to this mate :( as we have to be at MotoGP over that weekend
Hope the good weather keeps up for it mate

C :)
Are you entering your bike. No probs mate one year you will turn up. I m working previous weekend which is my birthday so had to do week later.

CK & AK
23-06-2009, 08:57 PM
Are you entering your bike. No probs mate one year you will turn up. I m working previous weekend which is my birthday so had to do week later.

Will have both bikes racing there from Thurs to Sunday! (scarey! - last year WSB & this year... well!!)

Dang it, could have done the weekend before too!

singletrack
23-06-2009, 09:01 PM
Mmm 25th July - I wonder if I can persuade my hubby.

Watch this space.

MilesB
24-06-2009, 11:38 AM
The date will be 25th of July 2009... Im doing Saturday so Sunday maybe free for a nice ride if the weathers good and also so you dont have to go to work next day so slope off early.
Rats... there was me thinking it was the Sunday - we're going to a wedding on the Saturday afternoon, so it's gonna take a bit of 'finagling'... Go to church for wedding, then to Bar-B-Q, then back to the party afterwards (we're not on the guest list for the reception) - sounds like a plan :thumbsup:

Miles (& Sue)

ryanhorton1973
28-06-2009, 08:41 PM
Hi Albie. Have only just seen this thread and would like to come along with the better half if that is ok (hope this isn't to short notice).

chris yeatman
28-06-2009, 08:59 PM
hi albie, as (ryan) just seen this, good chance i could come to urs for this, if to late then may be next year,please could u let me know. also pm'ed martin

Albie
28-06-2009, 09:14 PM
of course no probs

Albie
28-06-2009, 09:16 PM
Hi Albie. Have only just seen this thread and would like to come along with the better half if that is ok (hope this isn't to short notice).

of course. i thought i asked you the other week.

Albie
12-07-2009, 06:12 PM
Just a reminder to those who want or wish to come to BBQ in just less than 2 weeks time. If you dont know the address or you want to come enmasse and meet then please arrange by all means and pm me for addy and phone number.

Also preferances if veggie may help or soft drinks wanted rather than alchohol. I like to have enough for you.

gary tompkins
12-07-2009, 09:37 PM
Sorry Albie I can't make it now

Going to my Dad's place in Wiltshire that weekend for fishing trip

chris yeatman
16-07-2009, 10:08 PM
sorry to be a pain but i cant make it. may be next year.

MilesB
23-07-2009, 10:58 AM
we're going to a wedding on the Saturday afternoon, so it's gonna take a bit of 'finagling'... Go to church for wedding, then to Bar-B-Q, then back to the party afterwards (we're not on the guest list for the reception) - sounds like a plan :thumbsup:

Miles (& Sue)
Albie

Looking at our timings, it looks like we will get there at about 5pm - is that still OK with you?

Miles (& Sue)

Albie
23-07-2009, 11:05 AM
Albie

Looking at our timings, it looks like we will get there at about 5pm - is that still OK with you?

Miles (& Sue)

yes thats fine.:biggrin:

BigOz
23-07-2009, 11:58 AM
I'm dropping my bike off at Pro Twins to get the oil leak fixed then I have a family thing or I'd have been up for a BBQ, I've missed out on a couple so far this year.

Have a good one.

Andy

kneedown
23-07-2009, 12:26 PM
i hope to get to box or out for a run with some of you guys soon

scrapps
23-07-2009, 02:49 PM
i will still be coming over matey. please let me know if you need a hand..(or shoulder) to set up..

Albie
23-07-2009, 06:38 PM
i will still be coming over matey. please let me know if you need a hand..(or shoulder) to set up..
would appreciate it. i did consider cancelling but not a defeatest.

ryanhorton1973
23-07-2009, 06:58 PM
Hi Albie. Let me know if you need a hand with anything as well. Happy to pop over and lend a hand with anything (sorry no pun intended !)

alan c
23-07-2009, 07:06 PM
hi Albie, Wendy and i will be coming, you have a PM.

Albie
23-07-2009, 07:38 PM
hi Albie, Wendy and i will be coming, you have a PM.

it will be fine.:D

kneedown
23-07-2009, 08:57 PM
i think you need to be in with the right group here or you might as well not bother

Albie
23-07-2009, 09:23 PM
why do you say that. its a bbq in kent. people from surrey , sussex, london come. you dont need to come from kent. its open to ukmoc.

uksurfer
24-07-2009, 07:14 AM
i'm sure that the bbq was a invitation to all members of the club, i would have been going from southampton if i hadn't had a broken foot and something else going on on the same day, albies a good guy!
________
LAMBORGHINI 350GT HISTORY (http://www.lamborghini-tech.com/wiki/Lamborghini_350GT)

kneedown
24-07-2009, 07:34 AM
i am sorry just not having a good time at the moment .sorry again

Albie
24-07-2009, 08:21 AM
been there myself. ask any member. open invite. just pm for address.

Paivi
24-07-2009, 08:51 AM
why do you say that. its a bbq in kent. people from surrey , sussex, london come. you dont need to come from kent. its open to ukmoc.
I don't even know Albie or Caroline, and just PMd saying I'd love to come along, and was duly PMd the address, so you don't have to roll with a particular crew. :mand:

ladybird
24-07-2009, 10:22 AM

eat some cake and have a hug (I'm not from Kent either)

J.P
24-07-2009, 11:31 AM
According to the stats, the UKMOC has 3,263 member.
Alb's, you better get enough burgers for the lot of them.

See you tomorrow

Albie
24-07-2009, 05:12 PM
i didnt get as much as last year.lol. burgers coming out of ears :D:D

chris yeatman
24-07-2009, 06:35 PM
i think you need to be in with the right group here or you might as well not bother

hi mate, i was going up, as u can see i am from salisbury, bit of a hike.
but sorry to say (albie) something as come up and i cant make it. :hissy:

Paivi
24-07-2009, 07:08 PM
i didnt get as much as last year.lol. burgers coming out of ears :D:D
Hope there's enough for one more guest, Suzanne (Sweetpea on the Ducatisti forum) wants to come and show off her new 696 with fewer than 100 miles on the clock.

Albie
24-07-2009, 07:11 PM
okay no probs. i hope i dont let you guys down.:D

sweetpea
24-07-2009, 07:12 PM
Hope there's enough for one more guest, Suzanne (Sweetpea on the Ducatisti forum) wants to come and show off her new 696 with fewer than 100 miles on the clock.

And she is Sweetpea on here too! Not planning on showing it off but I certainly need to get some miles done!

Looking forward to meeting you

Suze

Albie
24-07-2009, 07:22 PM
i will only show off mine but i cannot ride it lol:thumbsdown:

chris yeatman
24-07-2009, 07:37 PM
i will only show off mine but i cannot ride it lol:thumbsdown:

if i was coming to the bbq, i could of rode it 4 ya. :D

Albie
24-07-2009, 07:39 PM
if you had finished putting the tail hop on first for me and the right hand carbon oil cooler shroud.

Albie
25-07-2009, 11:20 AM
well its nice here and hope to see some peeps around 3 or before. had a lousy nite ached to buggery this morning. a load better now. carolines just going out for 2 hours doing her private tutoring. shes back around 2.30.

sweetpea
25-07-2009, 11:24 AM
Sorry I have just ridden to box hill an my arm will not take the ride to Kent. Hope you all enjoy the BBQ.

Suze

Albie
25-07-2009, 11:33 AM
ok no problem

sweetpea
25-07-2009, 11:57 AM
Oh dear things are not going well. Paivis bike will not start and she is still at box hill waiting for the aa. So she can not make it now.

Albie
25-07-2009, 12:10 PM
oh no. tell her its not a problem. hope it gets sorted soon.

ryanhorton1973
25-07-2009, 12:32 PM
Have just mixed up some special cocktail (2 litres). Hope that the people will enjoy it ! (Looks like antifreeze but tastes a lot nicer !)

Albie
25-07-2009, 12:35 PM
ooh err:mand:. not allowed me :mad::mad::cry:

Paivi
25-07-2009, 05:55 PM
Can't believe I missed out on the antifreeze. :banghead:

I haven't used the Duchess for over a month and it had a flat battery. I jumpstarted it this morning and rode to Box to collect Suzanne. She couldn't make it all the way to Kent and back to Berks, still recovering from a hand & arm operation, but I was determined to come for a burger or few. The Duchess obviously thought I'm already too fat, as she wouldn't start again.

1.5h wait for the RAC who jumpstarted the bike, but advised against going anywhere other than home, as the battery was probably dead and not charging, as the alternator was working perfectly and the battery should have recharged during my ride to Box.

Hope you're all having a great time!

ryanhorton1973
25-07-2009, 07:38 PM
Thanks for a nice time this afternoon. Hope Caroline doesn't have too much of a hangover from the antifreeze ! :spin:

Albie
26-07-2009, 10:01 AM
thank you for all coming. it did brighten my day. the weather was nice and so to wa the company. i was going to cancel as i wasnt well in the morning but i wanted to carry on. didge your a star mate for cooking for us along with my caroline being a great hostess. i must admit i was struggling and just after gully left i thought i was going to end up in an ambulance. i think a muscles gone in my right hand side of back. i was pacing in agony for nearly an hour. an ice pack and pain killers has sorted it but i have confined myself to chair and absolutely nothing else.
i must say the food was very nice as you all commented and we was both very pleased you all came.

to all those who tried to come and were stuck because of breakdown you have our sympathys.
im glad some cameras were used and hope you can show us the results some time.
carolines finally come down from bedroom and the antifreeze did its job. shes ok though

the turn out was:-

me and caroline
scrapps
didge and jan
alan c and wendy c
j.p.
ryan and donna
miles and susan
gully
my daughter bec's
lady bob,stewart and sam

thanks all
albie and caroline

not as much left over other than beer that you brought. pop in for a beer anytime.:D:thumbsup:

alan c
26-07-2009, 10:17 AM
Thanks Albie and Caroline for a great afternoon, nice to see eveyone and enjoyed the company. Albie fair play for going ahead and well done to Caroline and Didge for the food :hail: you did look in pain :thumbsdown: Hope things start to get better and you can get more sleep. We really need you to come to Belgium it would not be the same without you, hope it gives you something to focus on, Just think about all that great Beer (Kwak) :D

Cheers,

Alan and Wendy.

Albie
26-07-2009, 10:27 AM
aww shucks :cry::cry:
i really enjoyed your photos of yesteryear. i wished i had as much fun in my youth as it looked like you did. lovely bikes. and your hair was so long.

belgium is my goal nothing else even if we drive.

alan c
26-07-2009, 12:26 PM
You have not seen the picture of me with a curly perm hairdo :mand: I was best man for my mate and said i would have a perm for the wedding, he did not believe me (fool) He had a shock when i turned up with my new hairdo, looking like Kevin Keegan.

We must do The isle of man, something else to look forward to :flag:

Put your feet up and enjoy the GP.

Cheers

alan

J.P
26-07-2009, 03:29 PM
Great time guys, thanks a million.
Get well soon Albie.

scrapps
27-07-2009, 10:37 AM
cheers for a good afternoon. sorry i could not stay longer (i had to go get james all his text were driving me mad lol) nice to see you all again.

Albie
27-07-2009, 11:03 AM
cheers for a good afternoon. sorry i could not stay longer (i had to go get james all his text were driving me mad lol) nice to see you all again.
you should have brought the fella along.
thanks for coming mate.:D

MilesB
27-07-2009, 12:19 PM
Susan and me had a great time - aided by Didge 'behaving' himself for once! :didge:
Nice to see everone, especially Bob and family who we haven't seen for ages.

Take it easy on that shoulder and look after yourself.

Miles

Paivi
27-07-2009, 01:03 PM
Hope you'll feel better soon, Albie!

The Duchess was behaving badly Saturday morning, but on Sunday she was fine. :scratch: Maybe I won't put her up for sale just yet...