PDA

View Full Version : Arai Helmets

Mand
15-05-2008, 07:14 AM
I have a rather posh RX7 Corsair and I can honestly it is the most comfy helmet I have ever worn, however yesterday whilst I was travelling on the A50, I got smacked on the head by a good sized rock and it has chipped the paint. I suppose I should be grateful if didn't smash into my visor. Anyway....

Would you advise Arai about it? Maybe get the helmet checked out or are they made a stronger stuff and I am making a big deal about it?

Suggestions please!

dukest
15-05-2008, 07:22 AM
you can send Arai's off to be checked for just the cost of their postage i believe. it cost me £16 for the privilege after i came off once - needless to say it was fine and that included a few accidental drops too :)

squiffything
15-05-2008, 07:56 AM
Mand get it done. A few quid for the knowledge that you're going to be safe is money well spent. Unless you want a new one then go shopping girl :)

bigredduke
15-05-2008, 08:13 AM
Arai often have a stand at bike events where you can have your helmet safety checked. There should be one close by pretty soon I would think.

Snips
15-05-2008, 08:18 AM
Good to know you can get them checked out.

I had an 'incident' with my previous Arai.

I was putting air in the tyres in my bike, so put my helmet on top of the garage compressor.

Half way through, I stopped putting air and and looked back and I could swear the helmet had moved from where I had put it down, "must be my imagination", I thought, so I turned my back and continued to put air in then, "BANG!", the helmet fell to the floor :(

When I was actually putting air in, the compressor was vibrating, and the helmet was gliding towards the edge of the top of the compressor.

As Squiffything reminded me at the weekend: when something is on the floor, it can't fall off.

JMo
15-05-2008, 09:06 AM
Arai often have a stand at bike events where you can have your helmet safety checked. There should be one close by pretty soon I would think.

BMF show this weekend of course - hopefully Arai will have a stand there... and of course if they don't, as Squiffything says, you can always get a new one there!

xxx

NewMon
15-05-2008, 10:04 AM
When I bought my Arai Viper GT the other day, the dealer said that you get a free service at the dealers every 6 months for the life of the helmet. The dealer can send any suspect helmet to Arai on your behalf. I think it unlikely that any damage has been done as Arai helmets can withstand phenomenal hits but it is worth getting it checked by them what know.

slob
15-05-2008, 11:15 AM
Blimey Mand, it's only your head! Whay worry about it? think how much cake you could buy for £16!

Mand
15-05-2008, 12:48 PM
Blimey Mand, it's only your head! Whay worry about it? think how much cake you could buy for £16!

Exactly my point my dear Slobby, I am off for a walk across town tomorrow to see the nice Arai man. :mand:
so I can burn calories to make room for more cake and make sure my noggin will be fine too.

Thanks for your replies peeps.