UK Monster Owners Club Forum » .: Technical :. » Kits & Accessories » Arai Helmets

Old 15-05-2008, 07:14 AM   #1
Mand

Arai Helmets

I have a rather posh RX7 Corsair and I can honestly it is the most comfy helmet I have ever worn, however yesterday whilst I was travelling on the A50, I got smacked on the head by a good sized rock and it has chipped the paint. I suppose I should be grateful if didn't smash into my visor. Anyway....

Would you advise Arai about it? Maybe get the helmet checked out or are they made a stronger stuff and I am making a big deal about it?

Suggestions please!
Old 15-05-2008, 07:22 AM   #2
dukest

you can send Arai's off to be checked for just the cost of their postage i believe. it cost me £16 for the privilege after i came off once - needless to say it was fine and that included a few accidental drops too
Old 15-05-2008, 07:56 AM   #3
squiffything

Mand get it done. A few quid for the knowledge that you're going to be safe is money well spent. Unless you want a new one then go shopping girl
Old 15-05-2008, 08:13 AM   #4
bigredduke
Nothing to see here

Bike: M1100evo
Arai often have a stand at bike events where you can have your helmet safety checked. There should be one close by pretty soon I would think.
bigredduke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-05-2008, 08:18 AM   #5
Snips

hip hip Arai

Good to know you can get them checked out.

I had an 'incident' with my previous Arai.

I was putting air in the tyres in my bike, so put my helmet on top of the garage compressor.

Half way through, I stopped putting air and and looked back and I could swear the helmet had moved from where I had put it down, "must be my imagination", I thought, so I turned my back and continued to put air in then, "BANG!", the helmet fell to the floor

When I was actually putting air in, the compressor was vibrating, and the helmet was gliding towards the edge of the top of the compressor.

As Squiffything reminded me at the weekend: when something is on the floor, it can't fall off.
Old 15-05-2008, 09:06 AM   #6
JMo

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigredduke View Post
Arai often have a stand at bike events where you can have your helmet safety checked. There should be one close by pretty soon I would think.
BMF show this weekend of course - hopefully Arai will have a stand there... and of course if they don't, as Squiffything says, you can always get a new one there!

xxx
Old 15-05-2008, 10:04 AM   #7
NewMon
Titanium Member

Bike: M600
When I bought my Arai Viper GT the other day, the dealer said that you get a free service at the dealers every 6 months for the life of the helmet. The dealer can send any suspect helmet to Arai on your behalf. I think it unlikely that any damage has been done as Arai helmets can withstand phenomenal hits but it is worth getting it checked by them what know.
NewMon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-05-2008, 11:15 AM   #8
slob

Bike: Multiple Monsters
Blimey Mand, it's only your head! Whay worry about it? think how much cake you could buy for £16!
slob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-05-2008, 12:48 PM   #9
Mand

Tight? Me? Yes!

Quote:
Originally Posted by slob View Post
Blimey Mand, it's only your head! Whay worry about it? think how much cake you could buy for £16!
Exactly my point my dear Slobby, I am off for a walk across town tomorrow to see the nice Arai man.
so I can burn calories to make room for more cake and make sure my noggin will be fine too.

Thanks for your replies peeps.