PDA

View Full Version : Weston super Mare Bike Nights

sadbiker
02-03-2008, 08:51 PM
Weston super Mare Bike Nights

The Royal British Legion Riders Branch are organising weekly bike nights on the Sea Front, Weston-super-Mare. All donations collected will go to the Charity “Poppy Appeal”. The following dates have been agreed with North Somerset Council:-

• Thursday 8 May 2008
• Thursday 22 May 2008
• Thursday 29 May 2008
• Thursday 5 June 2008
• Thursday 12 June 2008
• Thursday 19 June 2008
• Thursday 26 June 2008
• Thursday 3 July 2008
• Thursday 10 July 2008 - Cancelled
• Thursday 31 July 2008
• Thursday 7 August 2008
• Thursday 14 August 2008
• Thursday 21 August 2008
• Thursday 28 August 2008

Extra dates added below

*Thursday 4th September 2008*
*Thursday 11th September 2008*
*Thursday 25th September 2008*

Starting at 1800hrs.

The agreed allocated parking area for bikes is in front of the Tropicana on the Marine Parade.

http://www.streetmap.co.uk/newmap.srf?x=331708&y=160655&z=1&sv=331708,160655&st=4&ar=Y&mapp=newmap.srf&searchp=newsearch.srf

Further Information

Photo's Taken so Far

http://www.flickr.com/photos/westonsupermarebikenight/collections/

The Riders Branch of the Royal British Legion

Membership open to all who have a love of motorcycling and are in agreement with the aims of the British Legion

http://rblr.co.uk/westonbikenight.html

scrumpster
02-03-2008, 09:22 PM
That sounds like an excellent idea and a bit like the Poole meet - maybe in the summer I may try and get there if I have a few days off and stay with my mate in Burnham :mand:

Stafford
02-03-2008, 10:03 PM
Sorry Sad old boy, I know that the tide seems to be always out at Weston but I ain't parking my bike in salt water. :fiery:

sadbiker
03-03-2008, 07:30 AM
Stafford, parking will be either on hard standing or on the grass if the allocated space is filled up. The beach is to look at, so no excuses.. I wouldn't even park my car on the beach let alone take my bike out on salted roads. And Staff, just for you the arrow on street map has moved. I think the tide was out when I first did the map.

It would be good to see a few monsters there. As the first real seaside resort in the South West it is a bit more reachable.

The organisers are hoping to have support from local bike shops. As soon as I have any more info will update.

Nickj
03-03-2008, 11:16 AM
The roads usualy have a heavier concentration of salt on them this time of year than you find in sea water Staff so the beach is OK.. but the sand isn't, Weston sand isn't nice at any time but come beach race time the first run down the opening straight is a doozy flat out in top on a CR500 head down and choke on full.

I'll keep the dates in mind for the summer

sadbiker
03-03-2008, 11:42 AM
The roads usualy have a heavier concentration of salt on them this time of year than you find in sea water Staff so the beach is OK.. but the sand isn't, Weston sand isn't nice at any time but come beach race time the first run down the opening straight is a doozy flat out in top on a CR500 head down and choke on full.

I'll keep the dates in mind for the summer

I quite agree, specially after looking at the front of my car after coming into work. Gritters on the M5 at 10:30 AM and my car is saying its 8 to 9 degrees. Very excessive on the salt front.

desmo
03-03-2008, 02:49 PM
Sounds good,It's very rare I get the time to ride all the way to poole, so this will be a nice little ride for me on an evening.

Talking about salt, I was working all last night, the temperature was about 3 degress all night, when I came home at 05:30 the council had dumped huge amounts of salt everywhere!!
I have got a brand new bike sat in the garage with 6 miles on the clock & I want to ride it, bloody weather & council!!

sadbiker
28-04-2008, 07:50 AM
Link to web site updated.

Not long now so mark this in your diarys if you can make it.

Will see if we can arrange a meet up on edge of WSM and a ride in if anyone is interested.

Stafford
29-04-2008, 03:18 PM
Marked on the calender, have you fixed the weather though? :idea:

sadbiker
08-05-2008, 12:58 PM
:spin: :spin: :spin: :spin: :spin:

Today

For anyone who has missed this thread and is in riding distance of Weston Super Mare (or car if needs be) its lovely Weather over here.

So come on its looking to be a good meet, loads expected and the £1 donation go's to Poppy appeal which is a well deserved charity.

halina_r
08-05-2008, 01:00 PM

Today

For anyone who has missed this thread and is in riding distance of Weston Super Mare (or car if needs be) its lovely Weather over here.

So come on its looking to be a good meet, loads expected and the £1 donation go's to tPoppy appeal which is a well deserved charity.

would love to come but
1) i dont finish work till 5.30/6
2) my 125 would die (i know i could drive...)

mm. is such nice weather though!!!

squiffything
08-05-2008, 01:06 PM
Get yer little booty in gear Ms Halina and get on down there There will be a few of the ukmoc boys turn up I'm sure and it will confirm you want a monnie. 5.30 - 6 finish time at a solicitors who are you trying to kid ;)

halina_r
08-05-2008, 01:12 PM
Get yer little booty in gear Ms Halina and get on down there There will be a few of the ukmoc boys turn up I'm sure and it will confirm you want a monnie. 5.30 - 6 finish time at a solicitors who are you trying to kid ;)

ha ha ha ha :) i will be playing catch up from posting on here all bloody day :look:

will do my best :) other half is not into bikes AT ALL so would be on my own prob ....:thumbsdown:

sadbiker
08-05-2008, 01:17 PM
would love to come but
1) i dont finish work till 5.30/6
2) my 125 would die (i know i could drive...)

mm. is such nice weather though!!!

It only take an hour from Swindon.......

sadbiker
08-05-2008, 01:20 PM
If you do you can spot Cor she will be in a Ducati leather 2 Piece Suite, Mainly black with a red arm..... Just come over and say high.

Me I will be in my Aplinestars 2 piece which is black and red and probably have a camera.

halina_r
08-05-2008, 01:36 PM
If you do you can spot Cor she will be in a Ducati leather 2 Piece Suite, Mainly black with a red arm..... Just come over and say high.

Me I will be in my Aplinestars 2 piece which is black and red and probably have a camera.

so tempted ...

desmo
08-05-2008, 01:47 PM
will be there about 7 ish for me bag o chips

sadbiker
08-05-2008, 01:49 PM
Should be a few monster then...........

JR
08-05-2008, 01:54 PM
Glos Group meeting at 18:30 hrs at the Shell Garage opposite the Willy Wicket pub Bristol Ring Road, then down to Gordano for 18:50hrs, onwards to Weston Super Mud Via the motorway. Weather report - perfect!

sadbiker
09-05-2008, 07:32 AM
Haven't had chance to download any photos yet.

First thanks to all who turned up. It was a small gaggle of Ducati's who met at Morrisons. (3) Me, Cor and Lee. We waited till quarter to, and ventured into Weston.

As we came in we could see over to the bike park by Tourist Info that it was stacked out. Sorry guys but that isn't where you should be, just hope that all that parked there did contribute to the collection buckets for the Poppy appeal.

We pulled onto Beach Road to park up paying our quid to go in and already there were plenty of bikes. Miles turned up on his Monster and later on, Tortuga, Andy on his Mike Hailwood Replica, Duncan, JR, Claire, Roberto, and a few others. Ducati wise I think most models were there to represent the marque, Italian wise a MV F4, plenty of Aprilias (Even Goody came and spoke to the Ducati's). Plenty of custom's, Trikes, some quads, Scooters etc etc.

At the moment the estimate is around 1000 bikes. Once I get more information from the organisers I will add.

Morse's motorcycles were there, the police had a stand with a bike, the Blood bike Charity were on site as well with some of their bikes and collection boxes.

I spent most of the night walking round taking photo's later on I was asked to take a photograph of the best bike of the night, as I was being taking over to where it was with the organisers they said, "Oh its a Ducati", and then "its an old one", it dawned on me that there was only one old ducat here and as we got there, guess who won again. "Crazy Andy" had got the best bike of the night award, a £50 Voucher at his local Hein Geriche. As a few of the other Ducati owners said "Git", its coming apparent that Andy is winning to many prizes!!!!

I spoke to quite a few people during the night and all have said what a good time they had, even the local businesses are in full support of the event and the amount of trade it has brought in.

Only downer for the night was coming across a 848 at the bike park who had lost his lights,

For all those who didn't make it you missed out on a good night, plenty of fish and chips being sold, loads to look at. remember the next one is Thursday 22 May 2008 so pencil it into your diary and make a good evening of it.

sadbiker
10-05-2008, 12:30 PM
Have added photos into first thread.

Again below....

http://www.cig.canon-europe.com/a?i=DviBbRmrKE

Half Man Half Mole
10-05-2008, 12:40 PM
Great write up and I can't wait to see the photos as my family live in W.S.M. and I hope to visit the bike night myself this year. Unfortunately, that's a dodgy link!

Mike

sadbiker
10-05-2008, 12:44 PM
Nowt dodgy about the link, I was just setting up the share......Honest..

You were just to quick....

Half Man Half Mole
10-05-2008, 12:48 PM
Nowt dodgy about the link, I was just setting up the share......Honest..

You were just to quick....

Story of my life :eek:

M.

235 images! There goes my afternoon.

sadbiker
10-05-2008, 08:15 PM
Story of my life :eek:

M.

235 images! There goes my afternoon.

Hope the photos do the night justice.......

COR
17-05-2008, 04:51 PM
Weston Bike Night Thursday 22nd May 6-9pm in front of the Tropicanna building on the sea front. Entry fee £1 per bike. Hope to see you there. Will it be another Ducati to scoop the prize for best bike on the night? ... Crazy Andy, you're not allowed to win again!

halina_r
22-05-2008, 07:50 AM
Many people going?

COR
22-05-2008, 08:09 AM
last time (2 weeks ago) there were over 900 bikes there. would be great to see a similar turn out tonight. we had a good gaggle of ducatis too.

sadbiker
22-05-2008, 10:28 AM
ITS TONIGHT THUR 22 MAY

Weston Bike night,

Fish and Chips at the sea front followed by a ice-cream, who could ask for more.

Hope to see some of you there tonight,

Don't forget its a £1 entry and it gos to the poppy appeal.

halina_r
22-05-2008, 10:51 AM
will be there :) sadly not on a bike but there nonetheless!

sadbiker
22-05-2008, 10:56 PM
Halina, Nice to meet up with you, sorry our bikes were left at home.

Have added pictures to first post but here they are.

http://www.cig.canon-europe.com/a?i=logbJQ0TLC

Another good night, to be honest more came than we expected due to rain circling the south west, but good old Weston Super Mud was nice and dry and plenty of fish and chips and icecream going round.

Not to many ducatis this time, so come on where are you all.

I can't make the next one as away on hol's.

Stafford
23-05-2008, 07:24 AM
Sorry dude, it wer raining in Baff.

sadbiker
23-05-2008, 07:26 AM
Sorry dude, it wer raining in Baff.

And I was talking to some who came from Bath, they mentioned it had been raining on the way over. But they wern't riding ducatis so didn't need to worry.

halina_r
23-05-2008, 07:43 AM
was good to come along and meet you - maybe my attendance put the other duc riders off?? lol :chuckle:

Stafford
23-05-2008, 08:16 AM
And I was talking to some who came from Bath, they mentioned it had been raining on the way over. But they wern't riding ducatis so didn't need to worry.

I'm not quite sure I like what you're implying by that remark sadboy. :cry:

sadbiker
23-05-2008, 08:21 AM
I'm not quite sure I like what you're implying by that remark sadboy. :cry:

He he he ........ I know were your coming from...

I will admit I we didn't take ours But as I was taking photo's all night I felt for the 2 mile ride in it wasn't really worth it to then be walking around in leathers.

I am away next week so can't make that one, but I am trying to be there everyweek if I can swing it with work so I can continue getting photos for the event.

sadbiker
23-05-2008, 08:23 AM
was good to come along and meet you - maybe my attendance put the other duc riders off?? lol :chuckle:

Will have to say its un-usual for Ducati riders not to turn up when there's pretty girls around, Expecially that lot around Swindon. They must be eating
to many pies.

But hoped you enjoyed the night there were plenty of other bikes to see and Riders even brought down a Monster 696 to look at.

sadbiker
05-06-2008, 06:05 AM
Fish and chips at the sea side tonight. Anyone coming?

halina_r
05-06-2008, 01:49 PM
sadly not - forecast was for rain so not sure how many will go lol :)

will try and come to the next one....its the day b4 my test eek!!!

giler
06-06-2008, 08:12 AM
If the weather is ok I will try to make next week.

sadbiker
06-06-2008, 08:47 AM
Well we had 2 Red S2R800's another monster , a 996,999,ST3,Multistrada, 749 and many many other motorbikes / 2 wheelers turn up. I was told the count was about 414.

Have loads of photos to sort through.

It was a good night and everyone seemed really chuffed to see a good turnout.

It would be great to see more of the Swindon fraturnity, other then mainly newer members,

Petro, Shandy you seem very quite ? Why haven't we seen you down this neck of the woods yet ? Haven't yet seen a yellow monster down here so come on add a bit of colour!!!!

sadbiker
08-06-2008, 03:32 PM
Photos for event can now be seen at

COR
11-06-2008, 06:40 PM
Anyone for fish n chips n ice-cream tomorrow evening?

halina_r
11-06-2008, 11:30 PM
will be there with a friend - will prob drive as he has taken his rear foot pegs and removed his back seat from his RSV & i dont fancy doing the back roads on my 125!!! god speed passing my test!!!!!

sadbiker
12-06-2008, 07:38 AM
Don't forget its Fish and Chips night at WSM sea front, be good to see a few ducatis.

sadbiker
14-06-2008, 09:28 AM
Photos now on line, had a few ducatis, even some Monsters... No sign of the Swindon posse .... Have they emergrated ?

Good to see mrs H.

sadbiker
19-06-2008, 06:18 AM
19th June is Fish and Chips Night at Sea Front

Hope to see a few of you at the sea front tonight, weathers looking good..............

sadbiker
19-06-2008, 11:36 PM
Saw a few monsters tonight, Yellow S2R, Silver S2R1000, Red 620 with a nice new shock and another yellow monster which I think may have been a 1000. Yellow 748, Yellow ST4, a ST3, red 916 and a few others, so not to bad a turnout.

Some cracking bikes on display, bike of night was a very tricked up Harley with a rear tyre so wide (300+) good work of art, some good old classics, trikes customs etc. Have a look at the pictures and see what you think.

Tonights tally of bikes was about 500, have even sold a a photo today so another fiver into the "Poppy Appeal".

So were the monsters anybody from here.......?

Photos have been uploaded and can be viewed from the link at the start of this thread.

COR
20-06-2008, 12:50 PM
Next one Thursday 26th June girls ride in from Matalan car park (next to Morrisons) off J21 M5. Leaving car park at 7pm. Sadbiker will be on the sea front as usual ready to get a group photo.

Mrs H
20-06-2008, 10:20 PM
Cor - don't forget you've got a Monster 620 s ie - though we didn't really work out what the difference was between ie and sie did we?

I'm up for next Thursday - but will be a bit weather dependent....

COR
23-06-2008, 12:33 PM
Cor - don't forget you've got a Monster 620 s ie - though we didn't really work out what the difference was between ie and sie did we?

I'm up for next Thursday - but will be a bit weather dependent....

Well done Mrs H. Look forward to seeing you there. Is Mr H coming along with his tutu?

Indeedie, can anyone tell us the difference between the sie and the ie? Is it just the carbon middles or is there something more?

sadbiker
23-06-2008, 01:53 PM
Alloy swing arm on SIE, Steel swing arm on standard, I also believe the SIE had a ride height adjuster. Other than this not much else.

sadbiker
25-06-2008, 01:43 PM
WSM Bike night tommorrow.

Fish and Chips at the sea side, meet up with friends and see loads of bikes, Supported by local bike shops etc.

Bike of the night competion...

Remember the £1 entry fee is for the "Poppy Appeal". A very worthwile cause doing a lot of good for ex servicemen and familys.

sadbiker
26-06-2008, 03:41 PM
Fish and Chips night at the Sea Front.

Its dry and Warm in WSM at the Sea Front

Hope to see somebody there......

Stafford
26-06-2008, 05:55 PM
Il pleut à Bath

sadbiker
03-07-2008, 11:42 AM
Don't forget its fish and chip night at WSM tonight. All welcome.

COR
03-07-2008, 05:03 PM
I've litterally just arrived in Weston and the journey from Bristol was dry and sunny all the way. It's lovey here in Weston tonight so come on down folks.

sadbiker
09-07-2008, 05:13 PM
Have just queried about tomorrow night and it seems there was a typo error on some of the original information sent out, due to this the organisers are unable to support tommorrow night as a official bike night.

The other 2 weeks can't be held due to the T4 party on the beach, and Weston Heli days. But full steam ahead from the 31st July.

There is nothing stopping people coming tomorrow for a ride, except the weather report. The other 2 weeks the beach lawns will probably be fenced off for the other events going on.

sadbiker
28-07-2008, 05:39 PM
Weston Super Mare Bike Nights should be on again this Thursday the 31st of July.

It would be great to see a few bikes down to show support to Weston Super Mare with the sad news today of Weston Super Mare loosing its Grand Pavillion at the end of its Famous Pier.

S4Rs MacK
30-07-2008, 10:42 AM
Will try n get over fm Corsham. Wheres the best place to find ya or meet up on the seafront?
Mite be meeting up with a few at Avebury tonight and will mention to them as well.

sadbiker
30-07-2008, 01:30 PM
The event is at the Tropicana... So simple head for there.

If when you arrive you see someone taking photos of you coming in that will be me.....

sadbiker
30-07-2008, 03:10 PM
We keep seeing some monster coming. Anyone want to introduce themselves even point out their photo from the web site!!!!!!!

Have to apoligise as now monsterless due to change of bike, but don't worry I am still friendly.

sadbiker
01-08-2008, 08:11 AM
Considering the weather just over 200 bikes turned up.

At 16:30 I have to say when I heard and then saw the rain storm outside I was expecting it to be a quiet one and early stack. By the time I got to the Front at 17:30 it was all dry and from 18:00 till just after 19:00 we had a steady stream of bikes. A little later the heavens opened. Glad to say a 600ss, 996 and a 999 turned up dispelling the myth about rain and Ducati's.

Bike of the night was a very good example of a CXB1000- all 6 cylinders glistening in the wet. But it was in good company with a very nice Z1000, and I had to take a second glance when I realised it must have been a CBX outing as there were 3 in a row parked up elsewhere.

Didn't see a single monster!!!!!!!

Photos are being sorted and hope to maybe have up tonight or by the end of weekend.

sadbiker
06-08-2008, 05:24 PM
Don't forget its WSM Bike Night this Thursday,

Come for fish and chips, walk along the pier and see the views....

Photos from last week can be seen below

http://www.flickr.com/photos/westonsupermarebikenight/collections/72157606488880671/

sadbiker
09-08-2008, 11:41 AM
Weston super Mare Bike Night 7th August 2008.

Considering weather reports it was thankfully dry. The sea front looked very busy with holiday makers.

It started off a little quiet with only a couple of bikes having arrived by 18:20 normally have a few more in by then. But after 18:30 they all started arriving, estimates are over 300 bikes. A very special MV F4 Augusta was brought in for display in the back of a van (see photos); we did say if it was run up and down the sea front it would be eligible for bike of the night.

All sorts turned up and it was finally decided on a very nicely painted Triumph Triple to be the bike of the night, it’s getting harder and harder for the organisers to choose as they don’t want to be giving awards to the same type of bikes as already awarded. And there are so many great bikes being brought down.

The non biking public seemed amazed with all the bikes, some thinking we were going to be road racing up and down the front, it was also great to see some of the guests of the British Legions Somerset Legion House (a short welfare break centre) from across the road asking questions about what was going on, they were all very appreciative about the event as all the money raised goes to the Poppy Appeal which is the Royal British Legions charity and helps fund places like Somerset Legion House.

Photos for this week are below

http://www.flickr.com/photos/westonsupermarebikenight/collections/72157606624729522/

All photos for previous nights can be seen on the following link

Please remember that if there is a particular photo you see you would like we ask for a donation of £5 which goes to the Charity of the event. The full quality photo can be e-mailed to you or a copy can be picked up from the Events Marshalls office if prearranged. For full details see main information for each set of photos.

sadbiker
19-08-2008, 09:24 AM
Weather turned out quite good at Weston, bikes started arriving at 18:00, total tally for the night was near 300.

After talking to friends seems there were a few rain clouds going south so suspect this stopped a few from coming up.

Again a good selection of bikes turned up with a old BSA taking bike of the night.

The following dates have now been added for September

Also a rideout from the Bike Night is being organised for 28th August, Breifing at 18:45 leaving at 19:00. (see link below)

http://www.flickr.com/photos/westonsupermarebikenight/2765782077/in/set-72157606749811800/

http://www.flickr.com/photos/westonsupermarebikenight/sets/72157606749811800/

Please remember that if there is a particular photo you see you would like we ask for a donation of £5 which goes to the Charity of the event. The full quality photo can be e-mailed to you or a copy can be picked up from the Events Marshalls office if prearranged. For full details see main information for each set of photos.

COR
27-08-2008, 12:41 PM
Anyone coming down to the Weston Bike Night tomorrow, 28th August? I'm hoping to drag my filthy monster out of the garage but no time to clean it beforehand unfortunately. Should be there about 7pm or shortly thereafter but I wont be there in time to join the ride out. Only a few more meets left for this year so would be good to get a gathering of us there again before the year's out.

sadbiker
27-08-2008, 09:31 PM
Don’t forget the next one is Thursday 28th August.

Weather turned out to be very good at Weston, bikes started arriving at 17:30, total tally for the night was near 400.

Another good selection of 2 wheels including some decent scooters.

There were a few dogs but you need to check the photos for these.

Even had a Silver S2R1000, and a couple of other monsters, see the pictures on the links below.

Bike of the night was a nice example of a VFR800 in West One paint job.

Don't forget new dates have been added for September

Also a ride out from the Bike Night is being organised for 28th August, Briefing at 18:45 leaving at 19:00. (see link below)

http://www.flickr.com/photos/westonsupermarebikenight/2765782077/in/set-72157606749811800/

http://www.flickr.com/photos/westonsupermarebikenight/sets/72157606944013244/

sadbiker
01-09-2008, 01:07 PM
Don’t forget the next one is Thursday 04th September

Again the weather turned out to be very good at WsM; bikes started arriving early for the ride out. Glad to say good turn out for the ride out. Nearly 500 bikes in total turned up for the Bike Night

The band turned up late as it seems the generator blew up... but they managed to hook up for power and played some real electric guitar entetaining those eating at the Tropicana. The police/road safety was in attendance drawing a crowd with the exhibits they had brought.

Bike of the night was a sterilgarda customerised Ducati. Still on the Ducati side a Desmosedici turned up as well, this didn't win bike of night, as after all it was a stock bike (a expensive one), glad to say the desmo was ridden in and was started up to let people hear the snarl it makes. Lots of different bikes were on site and a few can be seen on the link below for the photos.

Don't forget new dates have been added for September

http://www.flickr.com/photos/westonsupermarebikenight/collections/72157607025930331/

Please remember that if there is a particular photo you see you would like we ask for a donation of £5 which goes to the Charity of the event. The full quality photo can be e-mailed to you or a copy can be picked up from the Events Marshals office if prearranged. For full details see main information on the links above.

sadbiker
17-09-2008, 10:12 AM
11th September
Weather for the 11th was looking horrible from the start; I think the rainbow gave it away. I stayed on to 18:30 but had to leave as I was riding down to Portsmouth for a ferry to France.

Managed to get a few photos, bike of the night was a XJR1300, according to organisers nearly 100 bikes turned up. Whilst heading to the Mendips we kept passing a few bikes heading to Weston.

Next bike night is Thursday 25th September

This week there isn't a bike night due to another event on the Sea Front, but next week, Thursday 25th September is the final bike night of the year. The event is trying to raise £5000 for "The Poppy Appeal" charity and it would be great if everyone could spread the word to try and make the last a good turnout in support of this. So if you want to copy and paste this onto other forums please do and get the word out.

Photos for last week are below

http://www.flickr.com/photos/westonsupermarebikenight/collections/72157607327248140/

Please remember that if there is a particular photo you see you would like we ask for a donation of £5 which goes to the charity of the event. The full quality photo can be e-mailed to you or a copy can be picked up from the events marshals office if prearranged. For full details see main information on the links above.

sadbiker
27-09-2008, 02:15 PM
Final Weston Bike Night ended on a high, 83 riders from the Royal British Legion turned up and did a mass ride in from Weston Railway Station.

A cheque for £6100.78 was presented to Major Rikki Peters Retd County Chairman of Somerset British Legion. The next day the total amount raised
had upped to £7000 with still more to come in from sponsership etc.

It was a great night which turned out "DRY" and quite a reasonable temperature. Loads of bikes turned up and there was a great atmosphere all around. For this night we
were moved up the sea front to opposite Somerset Legion House. We had a few elderly visitors from Somerset House mingling with the bikers. It was great to see how welcome
they were made and how grateful they were for the support this event has been given. The event's charity is "The Poppy Appeal" which supports places like Somerset House.

The organisers would like to thank all those who turned up and helped support this event.

There are already plans to continue the event next year, so roll on 2009.

Photos for 25th September can be found below;

http://www.flickr.com/photos/westonsupermarebikenight/collections/72157607532140092/

Photos for all nights can be found below;

The Royal British Legion Riders ride into Weston Super Mare Video;

http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=C0yQ6Zcb8f8