UK Monster Owners Club Forum » .: UKMOC Events :. » Events » Weston super Mare Bike Nights

Old 02-03-2008, 08:51 PM   #1
sadbiker

Weston super Mare Bike Nights 19th June

Weston super Mare Bike Nights

The Royal British Legion Riders Branch are organising weekly bike nights on the Sea Front, Weston-super-Mare. All donations collected will go to the Charity “Poppy Appeal”. The following dates have been agreed with North Somerset Council:-

• Thursday 8 May 2008
• Thursday 22 May 2008
• Thursday 29 May 2008
• Thursday 5 June 2008
• Thursday 12 June 2008
• Thursday 19 June 2008
• Thursday 26 June 2008
• Thursday 3 July 2008
• Thursday 10 July 2008 - Cancelled
• Thursday 31 July 2008
• Thursday 7 August 2008
• Thursday 14 August 2008
• Thursday 21 August 2008
• Thursday 28 August 2008

Extra dates added below

*Thursday 4th September 2008*
*Thursday 11th September 2008*
*Thursday 25th September 2008*

Starting at 1800hrs.

The agreed allocated parking area for bikes is in front of the Tropicana on the Marine Parade.

http://www.streetmap.co.uk/newmap.sr...=newsearch.srf

Further Information

Photo's Taken so Far

http://www.flickr.com/photos/westons...t/collections/

The Riders Branch of the Royal British Legion

Membership open to all who have a love of motorcycling and are in agreement with the aims of the British Legion

http://rblr.co.uk/westonbikenight.html

Last edited by sadbiker; 27-08-2008 at 09:33 PM.. Reason: Update
Old 02-03-2008, 09:22 PM   #2
scrumpster

That sounds like an excellent idea and a bit like the Poole meet - maybe in the summer I may try and get there if I have a few days off and stay with my mate in Burnham
Old 02-03-2008, 10:03 PM   #3
Stafford
P3, nice.

Bike: S2r 1000
Sorry Sad old boy, I know that the tide seems to be always out at Weston but I ain't parking my bike in salt water.

The probability of survival is equal to the angle of arrival.
Stafford is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2008, 07:30 AM   #4
sadbiker

Stafford, parking will be either on hard standing or on the grass if the allocated space is filled up. The beach is to look at, so no excuses.. I wouldn't even park my car on the beach let alone take my bike out on salted roads. And Staff, just for you the arrow on street map has moved. I think the tide was out when I first did the map.

It would be good to see a few monsters there. As the first real seaside resort in the South West it is a bit more reachable.

The organisers are hoping to have support from local bike shops. As soon as I have any more info will update.

Last edited by sadbiker; 03-03-2008 at 07:41 AM..
Old 03-03-2008, 11:16 AM   #5
Nickj
Too much time on my hands member

Bike: S2r
The roads usualy have a heavier concentration of salt on them this time of year than you find in sea water Staff so the beach is OK.. but the sand isn't, Weston sand isn't nice at any time but come beach race time the first run down the opening straight is a doozy flat out in top on a CR500 head down and choke on full.

I'll keep the dates in mind for the summer
Old 03-03-2008, 11:42 AM   #6
sadbiker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nickj View Post
The roads usualy have a heavier concentration of salt on them this time of year than you find in sea water Staff so the beach is OK.. but the sand isn't, Weston sand isn't nice at any time but come beach race time the first run down the opening straight is a doozy flat out in top on a CR500 head down and choke on full.

I'll keep the dates in mind for the summer
I quite agree, specially after looking at the front of my car after coming into work. Gritters on the M5 at 10:30 AM and my car is saying its 8 to 9 degrees. Very excessive on the salt front.
Old 03-03-2008, 02:49 PM   #7
desmo

Sounds good,It's very rare I get the time to ride all the way to poole, so this will be a nice little ride for me on an evening.

Talking about salt, I was working all last night, the temperature was about 3 degress all night, when I came home at 05:30 the council had dumped huge amounts of salt everywhere!!
I have got a brand new bike sat in the garage with 6 miles on the clock & I want to ride it, bloody weather & council!!
Old 28-04-2008, 07:50 AM   #8
sadbiker

Link to web site updated.

Not long now so mark this in your diarys if you can make it.

Will see if we can arrange a meet up on edge of WSM and a ride in if anyone is interested.
Old 29-04-2008, 03:18 PM   #9
Stafford
P3, nice.

Bike: S2r 1000
Marked on the calender, have you fixed the weather though?

The probability of survival is equal to the angle of arrival.
Stafford is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2008, 12:58 PM   #10
sadbiker

Today

For anyone who has missed this thread and is in riding distance of Weston Super Mare (or car if needs be) its lovely Weather over here.

So come on its looking to be a good meet, loads expected and the £1 donation go's to Poppy appeal which is a well deserved charity.

Last edited by sadbiker; 08-05-2008 at 01:09 PM..
Old 08-05-2008, 01:00 PM   #11
halina_r

Quote:
Originally Posted by sadbiker View Post

Today

For anyone who has missed this thread and is in riding distance of Weston Super Mare (or car if needs be) its lovely Weather over here.

So come on its looking to be a good meet, loads expected and the £1 donation go's to tPoppy appeal which is a well deserved charity.

would love to come but
1) i dont finish work till 5.30/6
2) my 125 would die (i know i could drive...)

mm. is such nice weather though!!!
Old 08-05-2008, 01:06 PM   #12
squiffything

Get yer little booty in gear Ms Halina and get on down there There will be a few of the ukmoc boys turn up I'm sure and it will confirm you want a monnie. 5.30 - 6 finish time at a solicitors who are you trying to kid
Old 08-05-2008, 01:12 PM   #13
halina_r

Quote:
Originally Posted by squiffything View Post
Get yer little booty in gear Ms Halina and get on down there There will be a few of the ukmoc boys turn up I'm sure and it will confirm you want a monnie. 5.30 - 6 finish time at a solicitors who are you trying to kid
ha ha ha ha i will be playing catch up from posting on here all bloody day

will do my best other half is not into bikes AT ALL so would be on my own prob ....
Old 08-05-2008, 01:17 PM   #14
sadbiker

Quote:
Originally Posted by halina_r View Post
would love to come but
1) i dont finish work till 5.30/6
2) my 125 would die (i know i could drive...)

mm. is such nice weather though!!!
It only take an hour from Swindon.......
Old 08-05-2008, 01:20 PM   #15
sadbiker

If you do you can spot Cor she will be in a Ducati leather 2 Piece Suite, Mainly black with a red arm..... Just come over and say high.

Me I will be in my Aplinestars 2 piece which is black and red and probably have a camera.