PDA

View Full Version : every biker's favourite copper

slob
06-09-2007, 04:04 PM
I watched the end of this video again and again.
http://www.theregister.co.uk/2007/09/06/top_cop_taser_video/

banditloon
06-09-2007, 04:26 PM
Damn.... He got up again :(

:chuckle:

YoungDucS4R
06-09-2007, 04:42 PM
Beware those caught speeding in North Wales!!
He wants these as a tool to police his zero tolerance policy!
I clocked you doing 36 sir..............ZZZAAAAAPPPPPPP!!!!!

G.

Blah blah
06-09-2007, 06:02 PM
Can I have a go ??

gjfevans
06-09-2007, 06:19 PM
Can we all please form an orderly que

Nickj
06-09-2007, 07:11 PM
Oh yes I can see this being a positive move in rural policing given the huge levels of crime you find in the wastelands of mid wales!! Loved the video though LOL
Might be my bias coming out here but does it seem like an awful lot of newer plod want to be bad ass, they've got the body armour and you notice the para military look thats increasingly creeping in with this but what do they lack???
FIRE POWER and black substitute for **** (add anatomical items as appropriate). Way to get respect lads

Oh and if they wave one of these at you keep your helmet on as it'll save you smashing your face into the curb cos they aren't gonna catch you when you drop.

I did notice they only gave them the shortest burst the m-26 can deliver and probably at a low mA, BTW these things http://www.taser.co.uk/index.php?zone=public&page=faq
hit you with up to 50,000 volts at 18 mA for 5 seconds. This is slightly different from the doctored demo version at 1 second, 5 will leave you disabled for up to 15 minutes. Of course they can hit you with repeated bursts, 2 or 3 zaps can see you stop breathing.
Of course these are so non-lethal and harmless that they're illegal in the UK, now why might that be??
Next time lets see them use a full burst on the guy, that would be cool and a real personal endorsement for the system

gremlin
07-09-2007, 01:43 PM
Pity they hadn't rigged it up to a substation. Apparantly if one is of small stature it can cause a heart attack, and as they're prepared to use it on kids as well I can see lots of court cases coming up. Best to have good life cover if you're tiny and going to break the law! Although I doubt it would pay out due to alleged criminal activity!

Nickj
07-09-2007, 02:57 PM
I seem to remember that depending on voltage 10mA @ 60 hzs can be fatal delivered directly to the :heart: . It's why the darts are delivered close together and designed not to penetrate very deeply.
Oh the prescribed target area our brave lads are using for this includes the face, nice if you got one of these in the eye :dizzy: :freak:

gremlin
07-09-2007, 04:09 PM
Well there isn't much of a target if you're tiny so I guess that's where the risk lies. Personnally I'd rather not be a pincushion if I'm going to have acupuncture I'd rather it was someone who knows what he's doing call me old fashioned and all that!

Nickj
07-09-2007, 06:05 PM
Electrotherapy coupled with acupuncture.... Perhaps they are moving into complimentary policing sorry medicine to help out the NHS
Yep I can see people queuing up for that one

manc skank
08-09-2007, 07:41 AM
think the spikes will pierce a set of leathers?

Nickj
08-09-2007, 12:16 PM
I was wondering that myself, possibly aimed at your back with a spine armour in it might not.
The pointy probe needles must be (a) quite small, (b) be barbed and (c) be waisted. The waist will stop them penetrating too deep into the body and immobilising permanently. You'd only need to stop probe one hitting skin to be 'safe' as long as you weren't soaking wet.

manc skank
08-09-2007, 12:22 PM
yeah this doesnt make for happy reading

http://www.theage.com.au/ffximage/2005/04/19/adelaide_man_wideweb__430x146.jpg

http://www.theage.com.au/news/National/Concerns-over-safety-of-Taser-stun-guns/2005/04/19/1113854203255.html

YoungDucS4R
08-09-2007, 12:58 PM
yeah this doesnt make for happy reading

AAARRRHHHHH!!!!
Think I'll be wearing goggles and cricket box next time I venture into North Wales!!

G.

gremlin
08-09-2007, 03:02 PM
So how do they get the barbs out without surgery? I had no end of trouble getting a fish hook out of my hand, I had to cut a bit away to release it. Will the barb removal be done on the NHS or are they going to be left in as another form of body piercing?

Nickj
08-09-2007, 03:56 PM
Interestingly if you do any research on these things you find the manufacturer actively and very aggressively sues the crap out of anyone who dares to suggest the things aren't safe.
Oh UK plod can use these on kids as of September, excellent obviously they hadn't seen the case in the states where on zap killed the target. If you're small the potential for severe harm increases.

jerry
09-09-2007, 08:25 AM
UK police are becoming a force for public repression,, next Step MEGA CITY 1 and JUDGE DREDD on the streets .

gremlin
09-09-2007, 08:44 AM
Like I've said before I don't know why they just don't put chips in the back of our necks and be done with it. They want everyones DNA now, and apparantly it isn't a totally infallable way of detection, it's only as good as the person doing the tests and you can't guarantee that the data will be right anyway considering how crap this lot are with computers. It only needs a good crook to get in and change the details and it could be you or me being done for something. Everyone laughed at George Orwell, bet he's dancing a jig now!

Nickj
09-09-2007, 10:37 AM
Jerry and Gremlin do have real and pretty valid points. The general population should care about whats happening (but mainly don't and have little recourse to effect change in any case) and question it but unfortunately most seem niave enough to actually trust 'authority' mainly because it is authority. Cattle trust their herder too, even as they are driven to the abattoir then just look a bit bewildered as they arrive, a bit extreme yes but that's the UK population for you.
If one person stands up and shouts they'll be an eccentric and can be ignored, if a group stand up they'll be watched closely and treated as probable criminals or potential terrorists. After all who could complain at our perfect country?

You might notice that I don't have a particularly high opinion of;
Politicians who I think should only be electable if they don't want the job and are happy to retire when caught with hands in the cookie jar, there should never be the now job of 'career politician'.
Police who keep demanding more powers when they can't even implement the ones they already have. The respect for them has gone largely through their own actions over many years, and the assumption that their position demands respect and isn't something they have to earn leaves them no real options other than constantly get bigger sticks to hit people with. I know some who are good guys/gals as individuals, the organisation is the failure point.

gremlin
09-09-2007, 07:11 PM
It's the limiting of liberty by the back door I don't like and the total disregard for the voting public. We went on the Liberty and Livelihood march because it is something close to my heart being a country bumpkin. Nearly half a million people turned out from all walks of life, the biggest ever protest and it did nothing to protect rural life. It was demonised as the toffs wanting to kill fluffy bunnies when in fact it was more to do with the people who look after the countryside on low incomes who would and are losing their jobs. Ironically more foxes now die a slow painful death from gunshot than ever did from hunting.

It really bugs me with the anti 4x4 brigade too, I hate Chelsea tractors as much as the next person, but if you're in the sticks running a business they are essential, but we get loads of grief from the tree huggers because we have one. Now there's the fuss about bikes and being charged congestion charge you can't win. We have no freedom of speech and if you do stick your head above the parapet you're public enemy number one. I don't like being watched everywhere I go, I'm not likely to do anything illegal mind you there's no telling with all the new laws, but you feel like a goldfish. I can't see that it's doing anything anyway, the crime rate has soared and it's never caught on camera or if it is nothing is done.

For the last 20 years we have been able to go out and leave doors unlocked and the keys in the car, a certain type of family moved into the village, a few month ago and the crime rate has gone through the roof, one poor sod has been burgled 3 times, we've had two lots of stuff knicked out of the garden and there are now very few houses that haven't been done. The police have done sod all, apparantly due to lack of officers but they've managed to have four speed trapping in our village and the next one for the past two weeks. Car drivers don't give them as much grief and they can get revenue rather than doing real police work. Meanwhile us villagers are waiting to see who's going to be burgled next. No doubt our insurance will rocket too.

Think I'd better get off my soap box now!

Nickj
09-09-2007, 11:00 PM
Gremlin I don't find your comments at all surprising, sounds altogether too typical and not just in rural areas either. Sounds like the soap box would be best used being wrapped repeatedly and forcibly around someones head, not that I'd ever condone, consider or do that kind of thing.

I think this new monster based religion is going to need a political wing too.

gremlin
10-09-2007, 05:31 AM
I think I've already said that we should make biking a religion, then when we get picked on we can plead incitation of religious hatred! There's supposed to be a big rally in October for bikers rights, I'm afraid from past experience I don't imagine it will do much good. How they square congestion charge for bikes I don't know but then they lied about hunting and everything else so I'm sure they'll come up with something. They wonder why people don't vote. As for soapbox idea you couldn't get within yards without getting arrested these days! I think we need a new Guy Fawkes.

Chaos Inc.
10-09-2007, 07:22 AM
Anyone here been mugged? Kicked to the floor by ten ****s aged 12 to 18. Anyone been stabbed on three seperate occasions. Oh yes, then been summonsed by some twat lawyer for hurting someone when you tried to protect your life. If not, then I would sincerely advise you to keep quiet about said dangers of policing as I do love to hear the anti lobby suddenly bleat when they are in danger.

Oh yes, the above things all happened to me.

JerryXt
10-09-2007, 07:47 AM
Beware people that know what's best for you! This government thinks the populus is either stupid or doesn't give a t**s. They start off introducing restrictions on 5% of the population, then expand it quietly to the rest.

A good example of how they operate is the home information pack. It started out as a reasonable idea, then was watered down so much that it has become useless.

Unfortunately, a lot of people invested 5K in HIP training so the gvt had to continue with it, so it started at the 4 bed properties so it wouldn't hit the middle englanders (and scotlanders, walesers, northern irelanders...). Now it's been rolled out to 3 bedroom places too. Anyone ever voted for this?

Another example of their stupidity is pistols. After a crazy person (who should never had access to weapons of any kind) went on the rampage at Dunblane, the gvt banned handguns. A good friend who used to teach Police how to shoot had to hand in all his collection of guns. Since this gvt came to power, gun related crime has increase 400%. Before you say 'what does he need guns for', replace gun with motorbike and see how you would feel.

gremlin
10-09-2007, 10:23 AM
I used to shoot .22 pistol and rifle but had to give up due to nanny state. Unfortunately as with most things this lot bring in, it's the law abiding easy targets who get the grief, the crims get away with murder sometimes literally.
When I was single I used to keep my air rifle by my bed and would have used it, but no doubt I would have been done not the little s*** trying to rob me. We did have a chat with Surrey police last week. We asked if we could legally shoot the thieving wotsits in the village as Clive has a licence to shoot vermin. We were told we could as long as we buried the evidence well away from the area. Apparantly the police don't like dealing with said people because they are worried about reprisals. Gives you a great deal of confidence in the protection of the law when you get an answer like that.

Mum in law got sick of burglers and undesirables using her garden as an escape route and was concerned about being a target so she put barbed wire along the fence. She was told to take it down in case the wotsits hurt themselves.
But those in power don't have to deal with any of this, they can hide behind their concrete barricades and have security looking after them while the rest of us have to take our chances, and when we fight back we get grief for it.

Nickj
10-09-2007, 05:09 PM
We have a good disposal facility in the forest, an old pit that lots of the inedible or slightly too mushed road kill gets tossed into. I spect your local vermin would mulch in quite nicely. Failing that there's quite a few open pit heads and vent shafts if you know where to look.

gremlin
10-09-2007, 05:29 PM
That will do nicely sir! It's sad that ordinary people feel the way we do. I used to be a live and let live person but in the past few years when you see the inequality and stupidity it makes you feel like doing desperate things. It's the silly things too like not using loyalty cards because they are used to keep tabs, I can't see what business it is of anyones what soap powder I use, or how much booze we buy.

Nickj
13-09-2007, 10:12 PM
From a local paper...
"Police say they have siezed a high-power volt stun gun from a house in Coleford." There's a bit about the circumstances surrounding this then the next bit which you've just got to love...
"Chief Inspector Richard Smith who oversees policing in the forest of dean said "Should this item have been used, it could have caused considerable pain and trauma to the victim." He then goes on to say they illegal etc.

So they cause considerable pain and trauma to the victim, except of course when the police use them when presumably they induce a mystical aura of calm and pink fluffiness.

gremlin
14-09-2007, 08:36 AM
Considering a chap got prison for attacking someone with one the other day, it does make you wonder. I'm just waiting for a little person like me to get zapped and see what happens. There would be such a fuss if they have a heart attack.