UK Monster Owners Club Forum » .: General :. » Random Chat » every biker's favourite copper

Old 06-09-2007, 04:04 PM   #1
slob

Bike: Multiple Monsters
every biker's favourite copper

I watched the end of this video again and again.
http://www.theregister.co.uk/2007/09...p_taser_video/
slob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2007, 04:26 PM   #2
banditloon

Damn.... He got up again

Old 06-09-2007, 04:42 PM   #3
YoungDucS4R

Beware those caught speeding in North Wales!!
He wants these as a tool to police his zero tolerance policy!
I clocked you doing 36 sir..............ZZZAAAAAPPPPPPP!!!!!

G.
Old 06-09-2007, 06:02 PM   #4
Blah blah
Upsetting normal people..

Bike: S2r
Can I have a go ??
Old 06-09-2007, 06:19 PM   #5
gjfevans

Can we all please form an orderly que
Old 06-09-2007, 07:11 PM   #6
Nickj
Too much time on my hands member

Another positive move in police / community relations

Oh yes I can see this being a positive move in rural policing given the huge levels of crime you find in the wastelands of mid wales!! Loved the video though LOL
Might be my bias coming out here but does it seem like an awful lot of newer plod want to be bad ass, they've got the body armour and you notice the para military look thats increasingly creeping in with this but what do they lack???
FIRE POWER and black substitute for **** (add anatomical items as appropriate). Way to get respect lads

Oh and if they wave one of these at you keep your helmet on as it'll save you smashing your face into the curb cos they aren't gonna catch you when you drop.

I did notice they only gave them the shortest burst the m-26 can deliver and probably at a low mA, BTW these things http://www.taser.co.uk/index.php?zone=public&page=faq
hit you with up to 50,000 volts at 18 mA for 5 seconds. This is slightly different from the doctored demo version at 1 second, 5 will leave you disabled for up to 15 minutes. Of course they can hit you with repeated bursts, 2 or 3 zaps can see you stop breathing.
Of course these are so non-lethal and harmless that they're illegal in the UK, now why might that be??
Next time lets see them use a full burst on the guy, that would be cool and a real personal endorsement for the system
Old 07-09-2007, 01:43 PM   #7
gremlin

Pity they hadn't rigged it up to a substation. Apparantly if one is of small stature it can cause a heart attack, and as they're prepared to use it on kids as well I can see lots of court cases coming up. Best to have good life cover if you're tiny and going to break the law! Although I doubt it would pay out due to alleged criminal activity!
Old 07-09-2007, 02:57 PM   #8
Nickj

I seem to remember that depending on voltage 10mA @ 60 hzs can be fatal delivered directly to the . It's why the darts are delivered close together and designed not to penetrate very deeply.
Oh the prescribed target area our brave lads are using for this includes the face, nice if you got one of these in the eye
Old 07-09-2007, 04:09 PM   #9
gremlin

Well there isn't much of a target if you're tiny so I guess that's where the risk lies. Personnally I'd rather not be a pincushion if I'm going to have acupuncture I'd rather it was someone who knows what he's doing call me old fashioned and all that!
Old 07-09-2007, 06:05 PM   #10
Nickj

Electrotherapy coupled with acupuncture.... Perhaps they are moving into complimentary policing sorry medicine to help out the NHS
Yep I can see people queuing up for that one

Last edited by Nickj; 07-09-2007 at 06:10 PM..
Nickj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2007, 07:41 AM   #11
manc skank

think the spikes will pierce a set of leathers?
Old 08-09-2007, 12:16 PM   #12
Nickj

I was wondering that myself, possibly aimed at your back with a spine armour in it might not.
The pointy probe needles must be (a) quite small, (b) be barbed and (c) be waisted. The waist will stop them penetrating too deep into the body and immobilising permanently. You'd only need to stop probe one hitting skin to be 'safe' as long as you weren't soaking wet.
Old 08-09-2007, 12:22 PM   #13
manc skank

yeah this doesnt make for happy reading

http://www.theage.com.au/news/Nation...854203255.html
Old 08-09-2007, 12:58 PM   #14
YoungDucS4R

Quote:
Originally Posted by manc skank View Post
yeah this doesnt make for happy reading
AAARRRHHHHH!!!!
Think I'll be wearing goggles and cricket box next time I venture into North Wales!!

G.
Old 08-09-2007, 03:02 PM   #15
gremlin

So how do they get the barbs out without surgery? I had no end of trouble getting a fish hook out of my hand, I had to cut a bit away to release it. Will the barb removal be done on the NHS or are they going to be left in as another form of body piercing?