PDA

View Full Version : Mega Rant.....................

Didge
12-04-2007, 02:23 PM
Jan sold her old car last December, and we've now recieved a NIP, because said car went through a Gatso somewhere in Kent, a week or two back.
I sent it back with a 'strongly worded' letter, pointing out that the DVLA were informed at the time etc etc, and basically Hell will freeze over before they recieve a penny from me.
I don't care if this ends up in court, I'll fight the beauracratic bastards all the way.
I've found out also, that the bloody DVLA, can register CCJ's against you, thus affecting your credit rating, if you fail to pay one of their dictatorial fines.
Well they can shove that up their collective arses, because I'm in a position where I neither need, nor want credit.
This whole system of policing roads with cameras, SORN etc, is a fu*kin' outrage. Some scum pikey can drive around for years with no tax/insurance/MOT, and the majority of joe public are treated like this. I'm sick to fu*kin' death of all this sort of sh1t.
Fu*k 'em. They can kiss my arse. :mad:

P.S. I'm feeling just a little bit annoyed at the moment.:grump:

J.P
12-04-2007, 02:41 PM
No, go ahead Didge, say what you mean don't hold back...

Bodybag
12-04-2007, 02:45 PM
I'm glad to see somebody else who's using the "Bodybag Method" of stress relief. :D

I agree with you completely.

Headhunter
12-04-2007, 03:12 PM
Do what some farmer did a couple of years back to his local council when he was p*ssed off with them - dumped a load of manure outside their front door.

Your experience in this department is first rate - bit of crop dusting in the offices of the DVLA wouldn't go a miss.

gremlin
12-04-2007, 03:29 PM
But we're the cash cows darlin, if it wasn't for us law abiding motorists with everything up to date where would the government get their revenue from? We all know they're short of cash for their various projects. I p's me off too and don't get me started on pikeys, a family have moved into the village and the other day they relieved us of all the taps we'd been saving from work to go for scrap. That's Gremlin spares money gone. they also broke into our car and took Clives tin he uses as a wallet, luckily his cash card isn't a credit card and it was dumped on the local rec with the rest of the contents. I'm not happy bunny either!! The DVLA are crap with records, I got the docs for my exes camper three years after I'd kicked him out, as I'm still paying for the bloody thing I was so tempted to sell it as I knew where it was being stored, or get new plates made up and go through all the speed cameras I could find. I decided against it just in case it all came back to get me later.

mrtony
12-04-2007, 05:28 PM
Tell it how it is my man!!:nash: :nash:
Couldn't agree more,a bit more militant backlash from the other 30 odd milion drivers wouldn't go amiss in letting the powers know that we aint happy!
I try to do all that DVLA crap online now,and keep a copy.
I also keep the letter thay send saying I no longer own the car,I had a parking ticket for a car that I let go for scrap.
They stopped hassling me when I said I had pics of me setting about it with a 9" disc cutter,the scrappy got a fine,'kin b'stard!!:nash:
If EVERYONE said "bo**ocks" to paying up,the courts would collapse under all the paperwork.
But it's only mad pensioners that seem to have the time,patience and bloody mindedness to see it through.

They only win 'cos we let 'em!:grump:

sjr999r
12-04-2007, 05:48 PM
what part of the V5 did u fill in and send away,hope u didnt give the buyer the whole thing,excatly same thing happend to bud of mine at work,he just gave the lad the whole V5.........and the little sod went on a camera/illegeal speeding parking spree the ****bag!!!

Shandy
12-04-2007, 06:14 PM
Forget to take the tablets again then :chuckle: :chuckle: Great reading though

It blows donkey d1ck when this sort of thing happens :thumbsdown:

Chris & Nean
12-04-2007, 06:47 PM
Fukin incompetent basturds they are. What exactly is a pikey ?

gremlin
12-04-2007, 06:56 PM
They are the people who take over land with their caravans, do what they like with it and leave piles of junk for the councils to clear up. They often do a nice line in tarmac driveways (not) they usually put the crime rate up when they move into an area.
I have all the time for proper Romany families, they are usually not so bad, my father used to deal with them quite a bit, being in the horse trade, it's the others that bug me and plenty of other people.
We have just had a family move into the village, we very rarely had any crime but recently it's shot up, we've been lucky so far that it was only scrap metal that went. No doubt I will be in trouble for posting this but I agree with Didge, they get away with everything while the rest of us have to put up with it.

jerry
12-04-2007, 07:34 PM
Shoot em all the cops,DVLA and the government , nah thats too good for them lets kill em all using the POL POT method , he used to tie up his victims (friends) and slowly drivve a car or truck over their heads until they went 'splat'!

Chris & Nean
12-04-2007, 07:35 PM
your talking about Gypos gremlin (i hope i didnt say somthing racist ???) we get them too where I live, their kids come round with bucket and sponge asking to wash your car at a price, then later they throw stones as we drive by, their kids also come to the local school "somtimes" and espesialy at dinner time, to get their education. These ppl also have a habbit of secretly buying up land and when their caravans turn in to statics and the six foot fencing and huge fancy wrought iron gates go up its the first we know about it, i always try to remember that im living in a free country when i see this kinda crap lol.

Chris & Nean
12-04-2007, 07:36 PM
i think we should send POL POT 4 million quid jerry

gary tompkins
12-04-2007, 07:37 PM
Didge,

If you sent off the V5 to inform the DVLA you were not the registered keeper you can tell them p#ss off. Even if the NIP went to court the case would be thrown out so I wouldn't stress over it.

Shagwits :nash:

nambduke
12-04-2007, 08:30 PM
I hate people who mince their words!! Up the revolution!!!!:thumbsup:

Regards,
Mark Nambduke

Didge
12-04-2007, 09:10 PM
Didge,

If you sent off the V5 to inform the DVLA you were not the registered keeper you can tell them p#ss off. Even if the NIP went to court the case would be thrown out so I wouldn't stress over it.

Shagwits :nash:

Gary, I'm not stressed over it, as I have no intention of paying a penny, but I am bloody angry. This sort of sh1t happens all the time.
We've all read the news stories of some farmer oop north, who receives a parking ticket from London, for his vehicle, reg. No XXX XXXX, and said vehicle is a old Massey Ferguson that hasn't run for 5 years etc etc.
This whole business with relying on (s)camras to police the roads instead of traffic cops, is total crap.
The SORN system, where the onus is on US to inform the DVLA that we AREN'T breaking the law. It's all bullsh1t, that I find intrusive.
I owe nothing to anyone. I pay my bills etc etc. Why can't these officious arsewipes just leave us alone to live our bloody lives, without all this unnessasary bullsh1t.
The moment I get one of those officious crap letters thru' my door, they have invaded my privacy, and I get fu*ked off, BIG time.:mad:

Copy of letter sent to Kent Police, along with the NIP.:-

Dear Sirs,

Re:- the enclosed NIP concerning vehicle reg.K*** ***, please note that this vehicle was sold by us, sometime in November/December of last year, and the DVLA was advised as per.
Four/five months down the line, we have no record of the new owners details. The fact that the DVLA, still has Ms Andrews down as the owner of the above vehicle, says a lot about the efficiency of said DVLA.
It also goes to show the stupidity of a system that relies on (s)cameras to enforce the traffic laws instead of traffic police.
It would be nice to think that after this explanation, Ms Andrews name will be removed from the records as being the owner of the above vehicle, but going by past experience of dealing with bureaucratic authorities in this country, I'll not hold my breath.

Yours faithfully

D. Vernon (for Ms Andrews)

gremlin
12-04-2007, 10:59 PM
Quote"your talking about Gypos gremlin (i hope i didnt say somthing racist ???) we get them too where I live, their kids come round with bucket and sponge asking to wash your car at a price, then later they throw stones as we drive by, their kids also come to the local school "somtimes" and espesialy at dinner time, to get their education. These ppl also have a habbit of secretly buying up land and when their caravans turn in to statics and the six foot fencing and huge fancy wrought iron gates go up its the first we know about it, i always try to remember that im living in a free country when i see this kinda crap lol."

Yup little darlins Ours are in a house and have caravans in the gardens, loads of kids who don't go to school and who crap in the field near our house much to the dismay of my stepdaughter! They had the cheek to go into our drive to check for more stuff to nick while I was standing close by yesterday!
I'm really worried about going out in case they take a shine to the stuff in our garage and workshop or worse still the bikes! I feel like going round with the remains of one of the taps they nicked so they don't have to come back. You know "you missed a bit" ploy.
I wish I had a 12 bore rather than a .22 air rifle! I'll have to be careful or I'll be in trouble for being intolerant, but you can probably relate to how I'm feeling. What really sticks in my gullet is the hand outs they get the fact they pay no tax etc have illegal vehicles and they don't get jailed when the kids truant.

gary tompkins
12-04-2007, 10:59 PM
Got a final demand for an £80 parking fine for our van 2 years ago. It had supposedly been ticketed by a warden in Camden, but when I checked the date it was parked outside our home address all day. I was actually at work on site so couldn't have driven it anyway - Doh!

Anyway - I sent the ticket back un-paid with a covering letter and copies of my work timesheets + tax disc. 3 months later I finally got a response saying "that on this occasion no further action will be taken"

Thanks a bunch... tossers :nash:

Was worried that numberplate on the van may have been cloned, but luckily we've had nothing else like this happen.

Headhunter
12-04-2007, 11:33 PM
Turn it on its head and send them a bill for unnecessay annoyance etc etc.

Fight fire with fire!

Didge
12-04-2007, 11:46 PM
That's another thing that peeves me Gary. No apology whatsoever. Just a curt "that on this occasion no further action will be taken".
Arrogant twats.:mad:

I'll have to be careful or I'll be in trouble for being intolerant.

Everyone has the right to be intolerant of pikeys and their behaviour. I've yet to meet one who was nothing but ignorant, and had no idea about acceptable social behaviour.
I've yet to see one camp that wasn't full of detritus and sh1t.
I've yet to see one pikey van or car, with an up to date road fund licence.
Just over four years ago, I lived in an area that was invaded by them on a regular basis, so I speak from experience.

Didge
12-04-2007, 11:49 PM
Turn it on its head and send them a bill for unnecessay annoyance etc etc.

Fight fire with fire!

Mmmmm. Now there's a thought.:thumbsup: I'll wait and see if they contact me anymore.

gremlin
13-04-2007, 08:51 AM
I heard of someone who sent a bill for admin charges to one quango or another, it got paid because if the company is big enough it just gets rubber stamped. I'm thinking of doing it to a few credit card companies who keep pestering. I already rip up all the contents of the letter and use their envelope to send it back. After all why should I pay to dispose of their rubbish or risk my details being used by some fraudulant oik. We can't recycle envelopes here so if the woodburner is out we have to put them in the bin. I'd rather spend their money on postage.

Capo
13-04-2007, 12:39 PM
That's another thing that peeves me Gary. No apology whatsoever. Just a curt "that on this occasion no further action will be taken".
Arrogant twats.:mad:

Everyone has the right to be intolerant of pikeys and their behaviour. I've yet to meet one who was nothing but ignorant, and had no idea about acceptable social behaviour.
I've yet to see one camp that wasn't full of detritus and sh1t.
I've yet to see one pikey van or car, with an up to date road fund licence.
Just over four years ago, I lived in an area that was invaded by them on a regular basis, so I speak from experience.

The problem (if thats the right word) is that the police avoid them like the plague, because they would get their asses kicked if they try to nick them.

Much easier nicking pensioners for confiscating a football.

Pikeys do as you Likeys

spacemonkey
13-04-2007, 05:12 PM
I heard of someone who sent a bill for admin charges to one quango or another, it got paid because if the company is big enough it just gets rubber stamped. I'm thinking of doing it to a few credit card companies who keep pestering. I already rip up all the contents of the letter and use their envelope to send it back. After all why should I pay to dispose of their rubbish or risk my details being used by some fraudulant oik. We can't recycle envelopes here so if the woodburner is out we have to put them in the bin. I'd rather spend their money on postage.

That's the idea... they pay for them if you send them so why not? And it has the added bonus of saving the Royal Mail and giving the postie somehting else to steal apart from my DVDs..

Evening Didge. Glad nothing's changed...:thumbsup:

Didge
13-04-2007, 05:34 PM
That's the idea... they pay for them if you send them so why not? And it has the added bonus of saving the Royal Mail and giving the postie somehting else to steal apart from my DVDs..

Evening Didge. Glad nothing's changed...:thumbsup:

Hi Space. Long time no hear. Are you still playing with the dead?

spacemonkey
13-04-2007, 05:50 PM
Of course.. In a nice way though... ;)

pete
13-04-2007, 10:15 PM
Got a final demand for an £80 parking fine for our van 2 years ago. It had supposedly been ticketed by a warden in Camden, but when I checked the date it was parked outside our home address all day. I was actually at work on site so couldn't have driven it anyway - Doh!

Anyway - I sent the ticket back un-paid with a covering letter and copies of my work timesheets + tax disc. 3 months later I finally got a response saying "that on this occasion no further action will be taken"

Thanks a bunch... tossers :nash:

Was worried that numberplate on the van may have been cloned, but luckily we've had nothing else like this happen.

Yep this does get up my nose. I got a PCN and an £80 fine demand for "being in a bus lane" is some place I had never heard of let alone been. Just to add a little sweetness it actually dropped through the door on my birthday (which at first made me think it might be a wind up!). I rang them up - get stuffed sir - write to us. So I did, pointing out that the car in question could not possibly be mine because for starters it wasn't a Vauxhall as stated on the PCN, enclosing a copy of my reg document. I also asked them to tell me if someone was driving around with my reg on their car, or whether they had just fecked up, because if someone _did_ have my reg then there was serious cause for concern here.

Needless to say I got the same sort of crap back - "On this occasion no further action will be taken" - as if they were letting me off. No apology, no explanation as to whether it was their screw up or someone with my plate on.

And apparently this was from a camera that is monitored by human beings, not just a fixed roadside snapper...

Didge
13-04-2007, 10:28 PM
Yep this does get up my nose. I got a PCN and an £80 fine demand for "being in a bus lane" is some place I had never heard of let alone been. Just to add a little sweetness it actually dropped through the door on my birthday (which at first made me think it might be a wind up!). I rang them up - get stuffed sir - write to us. So I did, pointing out that the car in question could not possibly be mine because for starters it wasn't a Vauxhall as stated on the PCN, enclosing a copy of my reg document. I also asked them to tell me if someone was driving around with my reg on their car, or whether they had just fecked up, because if someone _did_ have my reg then there was serious cause for concern here.

Needless to say I got the same sort of crap back - "On this occasion no further action will be taken" - as if they were letting me off. No apology, no explanation as to whether it was their screw up or someone with my plate on.

And apparently this was from a camera that is monitored by human beings, not just a fixed roadside snapper...

It would be very interesting, would it not, to know just how many thousands of people this happens to every year.
Of course, the 'official' line would be something like, "It's only a very small percentage of innocent drivers/riders who are affected".
I'd reply to that in one...no, two words,......."Utter bollox".:grump:

Fodder
14-04-2007, 08:43 AM
Ahhhh. good ol Blighty.
Didge please explain these traffic cameras, I don't understand?

From my experience if you just ignore all the crap it tends to go away.

See my electric bill saga from 2001-2005

If we're honest we still get tax demands (monthly) from the UK asking us to pay some stupid little amount of money for a discrepancy in our PAYE when we left the UK.

British beaurocracy, it can't be beaten.

Another one that'll **** you off............... We were over in Crawley for a few days in January and we had a hire car that I rented using my US license (bearing in mind that I am a UK citizen and license holder). Sam went through a 30 Gatso at 60 mph (naughty girl) and it "flashed" us.
A few weeks later we got the statement from the hire car company and we had been charged $30 (or £17) for a discrepancy regarding a speed camera. That was it!!! I know if Sam was using her UK license it would be at least three points and some sort of fine. You British shouldn't stand for this sort of ****:cool: :ymca: :bunny: