PDA

View Full Version : guernsey monster

conner
06-06-2006, 10:33 AM
hiya,
ive been looking at a monster on ebay that is located in guernsey and will require registering in the uk. does anyone know what this will require. also the bike looks in good condition. anyone want to have a quick look at it and tell me what you think. i'm pretty green...
http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=4647143827&ssPageName=ADME:B:SS:UK:1

Bodybag
06-06-2006, 11:56 AM
If its anything like importing a car from Germany you need all the original documents, an MOT certificate and then go to your local DVLA office for them to issue a registration number. Then you can get your registration plates made up and get it taxed.

Check here: http://www.dvla.gov.uk/vehicles/exptimpt.htm

Hope this helps.

Phil

steve wright
06-06-2006, 12:37 PM
Bodybag is spot on. i did it with a jap import once. Just check which way the lights dip before MOT, does guernsey drive on the left like us?

Pugi
06-06-2006, 12:42 PM
Bodybag is spot on. i did it with a jap import once. Just check which way the lights dip before MOT, does guernsey drive on the left like us?

On a bike?
Well you wouldn't want a L/H driven bike would you?

singletrack
06-06-2006, 12:46 PM
I think you will have to pay VAT on it too, if it is re-registered in the UK.

Oops I just noticed it says that on the advert :dunce:

sjr999r
06-06-2006, 04:27 PM
vat on 3000k is 525quid!!

conner
07-06-2006, 03:50 PM
all good, cheers. pugi i think steve may well have been referring to the lights dipping the other way in order to point away from oncoming traffic. not sure which side they drive on there, didnt even know they had roads until i saw the advert... maybe thats why he is selling it

Pugi
07-06-2006, 04:16 PM
all good, cheers. pugi i think steve may well have been referring to the lights dipping the other way in order to point away from oncoming traffic. not sure which side they drive on there, didnt even know they had roads until i saw the advert... maybe thats why he is selling it

Yeah, but I thought only cars had that and bikes simply dip down and not sideways at all? Cars just dip one light more than the other, not sideways, no?

conner
08-06-2006, 01:02 PM
Yeah, but I thought only cars had that and bikes simply dip down and not sideways at all? Cars just dip one light more than the other, not sideways, no?

think cars are dipped directionally too though cant say i know a lot about it. i dont really care to be honest i just want to be out of this office and on a bike!! having a look at a m900 this evening, fingers crossed

Pugi
08-06-2006, 01:47 PM
think cars are dipped directionally too though cant say i know a lot about it. i dont really care to be honest i just want to be out of this office and on a bike!! having a look at a m900 this evening, fingers crossed

Don't I know the feeling...
Good luck. Let us know.

Plum
09-06-2006, 03:08 PM
Conner

I live in Jersey just over the pond from GSY, and i can tell you they do drive on the correct side of the road (albeit like idiots). I dont know any bikers in GSY, but i know someone who might. Let me know if i can help and i will do what i can
Lee