UK Monster Owners Club Forum » .: General :. » Random Chat » guernsey monster

Old 06-06-2006, 10:33 AM   #1
conner

guernsey monster

hiya,
ive been looking at a monster on ebay that is located in guernsey and will require registering in the uk. does anyone know what this will require. also the bike looks in good condition. anyone want to have a quick look at it and tell me what you think. i'm pretty green...
http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.d...ADME:B:SS:UK:1
Old 06-06-2006, 11:56 AM   #2
Bodybag

Not too difficult.

If its anything like importing a car from Germany you need all the original documents, an MOT certificate and then go to your local DVLA office for them to issue a registration number. Then you can get your registration plates made up and get it taxed.

Check here: http://www.dvla.gov.uk/vehicles/exptimpt.htm

Hope this helps.

Phil
Old 06-06-2006, 12:37 PM   #3
steve wright

Bodybag is spot on. i did it with a jap import once. Just check which way the lights dip before MOT, does guernsey drive on the left like us?
Old 06-06-2006, 12:42 PM   #4
Pugi

Quote:
Originally Posted by steve wright
Bodybag is spot on. i did it with a jap import once. Just check which way the lights dip before MOT, does guernsey drive on the left like us?
On a bike?
Well you wouldn't want a L/H driven bike would you?
Old 06-06-2006, 12:46 PM   #5
singletrack

Bike: Other Not a Ducati
I think you will have to pay VAT on it too, if it is re-registered in the UK.

Oops I just noticed it says that on the advert
Old 06-06-2006, 04:27 PM   #6
sjr999r

vat on 3000k is 525quid!!
Old 07-06-2006, 03:50 PM   #7
conner

all good, cheers. pugi i think steve may well have been referring to the lights dipping the other way in order to point away from oncoming traffic. not sure which side they drive on there, didnt even know they had roads until i saw the advert... maybe thats why he is selling it
Old 07-06-2006, 04:16 PM   #8
Pugi

Quote:
Originally Posted by conner
all good, cheers. pugi i think steve may well have been referring to the lights dipping the other way in order to point away from oncoming traffic. not sure which side they drive on there, didnt even know they had roads until i saw the advert... maybe thats why he is selling it
Yeah, but I thought only cars had that and bikes simply dip down and not sideways at all? Cars just dip one light more than the other, not sideways, no?
Old 08-06-2006, 01:02 PM   #9
conner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pugi
Yeah, but I thought only cars had that and bikes simply dip down and not sideways at all? Cars just dip one light more than the other, not sideways, no?
think cars are dipped directionally too though cant say i know a lot about it. i dont really care to be honest i just want to be out of this office and on a bike!! having a look at a m900 this evening, fingers crossed
Old 08-06-2006, 01:47 PM   #10
Pugi

Quote:
Originally Posted by conner
think cars are dipped directionally too though cant say i know a lot about it. i dont really care to be honest i just want to be out of this office and on a bike!! having a look at a m900 this evening, fingers crossed
Don't I know the feeling...
Good luck. Let us know.
Old 09-06-2006, 03:08 PM   #11
Plum

Conner

I live in Jersey just over the pond from GSY, and i can tell you they do drive on the correct side of the road (albeit like idiots). I dont know any bikers in GSY, but i know someone who might. Let me know if i can help and i will do what i can
Lee