PDA

View Full Version : Sunday 18th Dec. Sussex Christmas Lunch

JMo
04-12-2005, 10:42 PM
As we've not all got together for quite a while now, though it might be nice to head out for a pub lunch to celebrate Christmas and catch up...

Obviously this time of year might not be ideal weather for bikes, so you are welcome to come by car if you prefer (and bring other halves etc)...

I thought it would be a nice idea to meet somewhere quite central, so that Surreyites and Hampsters can also join in the fun without having to travel too far - so how about the Cricketers pub at Wisborough Green (just off the A272, north of the cricket pitch) from Midday on the 18th of December? Anyone wishing to meet up prior and ride in - Bury Hill 11am...

Hope to see you there!

xxx

SazzaG
06-12-2005, 06:02 PM
Hoorah!

Me and Rog will be there. Be nice to see a good crowd there - come on guys, last chance to meet up this year!

Saz

MotoNik
06-12-2005, 06:05 PM
Emily and I won't be able to make it unfortunately - we're moving house that weekend.

If anyone is at a loose end over the Christmas period we'd be up for a get-together though.

cheers,

Nik

Pugi
06-12-2005, 06:25 PM
Too close to my departure to Sweden I'm afraid. :(
Hope you all have a good time though.

S4Rs-Tone
06-12-2005, 06:52 PM
im a bab and new to dukes but if invites open would like to come ,sub to weather will bike, any others biking?

JMo
06-12-2005, 10:33 PM
If the weather is fine, I'll be going via Bury Hill on my bike, if not - directly there by car...

Be good to see you!

xxx

Fodder
12-12-2005, 06:42 PM
Sorry Jen can't make this one so i'll raise a glass to you all on sunday and think of English ale, log fires and distant friends.

Blimey that was a bit deep, must be the time of year, it's kind of hard to get all Christmassy in the desert but we'll try. :cool:
I'll just have to take the SS out for a spin in the sunshine :)

Have a good one all. :bunny: :bunny: :bunny:

Didge
17-12-2005, 04:36 PM
I'll just have to take the SS out for a spin in the sunshine :)

What? The whole Panzer Division?
A merry Christmas to Sam, and to you, you redneck c**t!

Oh Jen, Jan and I will make the effort to be there, even tho' that lazy git Fods can't be arsed.

Melnie Mouse
17-12-2005, 05:36 PM
I'll hopefully be there for drink when you've had your dinner... :)

JMo
17-12-2005, 10:19 PM
Looks like we might have a good turn out afterall then!

Weather looks dry and bright, but cold - so wrap up warm if you're on the bike... I'll be at Bury Hill for 11am...

See you all tomorrow!

xxx

JMo
18-12-2005, 03:45 PM
... thank you, for such a good turn out - so nice to see some old faces again after so long.

Wonderful bright sunny day today - but brrrrrrrr wasn't it chilly?

Only Sazza and I at Bury Hill, picked up Rog on the way (and jump started the S4 from their car - took three of us, it was like a scene from casualty!), and got the Cricketers at midday to find Ingrid (the Burgmann) parked out side and Jan & Didge warming their feet inside by the fire...

Unfortunately, there was no room at the Inn, so we phoned another fav (the Blacksmiths Arms at Adversane) and they could fit us all in for lunch, and as we left the Cricketers DRC, Meline Mouse and Rob(?) turned up from the DSC Breakfast, and we headed off to our rendevous with roast beef and yorkshires...

JamesT came by four wheels, followed by Flip in his new (man sized) car, and after saying our goodbyes to Mel and Rob, 8 of us tucked into a hearty roast dinner - top stuff!

Many thanks to everyone who turned out today - we'll excuse those who didn't come by bike - had I known how cold it was I think I'd have come by car too!

A few pictures below - check out Didges new wheels... and Mel, I've saved you the embaressment by not posting the picture of you on the old clunker x

Merry Christmas all!

xxx

JMo
18-12-2005, 03:49 PM
At the Blacksmiths...

JMo
18-12-2005, 03:51 PM
Although comfy, and fitted with many mod cons, the Bergmann didn't come with heating...

SazzaG
18-12-2005, 06:40 PM
Brrrrr! Even on my very short trip home from the pub, it was pretty damn cold! Even the hot chocolate fudge cake didn't keep me warm.

Great to see everyone - even the old regulars Flip, Doug and James T made it.

Here's to warmer weather...

Saz

Fodder
20-12-2005, 03:01 AM
What? The whole Panzer Division?
A merry Christmas to Sam, and to you, you redneck c**t!

Oh Jen, Jan and I will make the effort to be there, even tho' that lazy git Fods can't be arsed.

OI ;)
Nice bike Didge, how many miles does it do on a full charge :burnout: :burnout:

Fodder
20-12-2005, 03:03 AM
Looked like a goodun. See you all in the new year ;)

Melnie Mouse
20-12-2005, 07:52 AM
Thanks guys, it was lovely see you all again,especially Didge and jan, been so long....

Jmo, thanks for the invite, it was dougy I rode in with from the DSC meeting, thanks Doug for great ride there, and Rob met us there in the pub, well met you first in previous pub! he he

Glad you had nice lunch everyone... and thanks for not putting my 'embaressing bike' on display ha ha.... never mind get me monster this week, yeahhhhh :)