PDA

View Full Version : M900 handling problem

Phil R
21-04-2005, 07:34 AM
Hi,

I have a problem with my M900. It seems to go around right handers fine but when I approach a left hand bend I feel a lot of resistance to counter-steering. It feels like the bike's fighting to stay in a straight line. I'm wondering if it's due to a misaligned rear wheel but would value any comments you might have.

Many thanks,
/Phil.

stef
21-04-2005, 07:57 AM
electric loom jammed somewhere ?
does the bar rotate freely when the bike is stopped ? (you probably have tried this already !)

Phil R
21-04-2005, 08:46 AM
Hmmm, not thought of that. I'll take a look.

Ta,
/Phil.

Pedro
21-04-2005, 12:10 PM
Check you wheel alignment first - a jammed cable or something won't be enough to affect it.

Are the tyres worn strangly?

Ped

Phil R
21-04-2005, 12:35 PM
Tyres are brand new that's why I'm thinking that the wheel alignment is out. Just haven't ridden it for a while so I can't really recall when it first started doing this.

Will check the alignment tonight. Haven't had much luck before doing this with a straight edge. Might try measuring distance from the swing arm pivot to the spindle. Any other methods that might do the job?

Thanks,
/Phil.

Phil R
21-04-2005, 04:51 PM
OK, I've checked the rear wheel alignment and the right hand side was 2mm further forward than the left. Adjusted it up and it handles better than ever. It's like a different bike.

Thanks for your comments,
/Phil.