PDA

View Full Version : can't believe it!

Melnie Mouse
06-03-2005, 08:34 AM
At 7.30 this morning, I looked outside my window to see lovely blue skies and not a cloud insight!

Great I thought, I'll wash my bike and ring me mates to go out for ride... I wash my bike from the week of appalling weather, my bike and my gear covered in crap, and as I'm chamoising - it's turning to ice before I can dry him! My patio has now turned to ice from my bike water making it almost impossible for me to clean the wheels without falling over... one of my mates rings on the mobile and informs me it's snowing in worthing and black ice accidents... doh! :(

so.... I just put me bike back in... guess I'll be going to step-mothers in the car then... :o

CK & AK
06-03-2005, 09:10 AM
tis lovely sunshine here still Mel :)

but ice was thick on the ponies water tanks at 8am this morning :( but the car was completely frost free tho :)

Am just off to Kent to pick up some bits for Alan - but going by car as dont fancy M/way on the bike - there will be too much salt to wash off later.
At least I can leave washing the car for another time :rolleyes: :D

C
xx

queen_gpants
06-03-2005, 09:17 AM
I did something similar a couple of years ago; I was selling an XLR125 and had a lady coming to look at early Sunday morning so I decided to clean it the day before in freezing temperatures.

Lady turned up the next day, so I wheeled the bike out of the garage and go to start it up only to find the ignition is frozen! Some water must have got into the barrel and it was solid so I had to feed an extention cable out of the window and get the hair dryer out to try and defrost it!

As I live in a first floor flat my neighbours below me were not impressed by me standing in their front garden with a motorbike and hairdryer at 9am! :lol:

spacemonkey
06-03-2005, 09:59 AM
I dunno, some people are so intolerant, aren't they? XL125RF-my first bike..ah... (goes all dewey eyed)

Duncan
06-03-2005, 12:01 PM
At 7.30 this morning, I looked outside my window to see lovely blue skies and not a cloud insight!

Twas like that yesterday in Bristol. Lovely day, felt quite mild, sun was shining. Mate dropped by and we decided to go out on the bikes. Rode the 25 miles to Stroud in sunshine and went shopping for Dr Feelgood tickets. Came out of ticket office 5 minutes later and its a hail storm.

Took cover in the Waggon and Horses and watched hail and snow belt down. After a few pints it eased off but riding back over the Cotswolds there were drifts of hailstones on the road and the golf courses, fields and roofs were all white.
It soon turned to rain on lower ground and this mixed with the salt to form a messy corrosive spray. Despite all this had a pleasurable ride home.

Only down side to this was having to wash the salt off the bike when I got home. By then it was cold and light was failing and time to go out for the evening. The water promptly froze across the path for me to fall over on when I returned from the pub.

Happy days.

Mand
06-03-2005, 06:53 PM
After possibly the worst weather last week, it was welcome to see the sun shine in Leicestershire. Mind you it was bloody cold though.

Mand with frozen bits but with special possum covers hee hee :D

celt
06-03-2005, 07:12 PM
took a run to brothers today from newcastle down to durham way (bout 45 mins each way). bloody freezing but new thermals did trick (bargin at tog21 shop £50 for top and trousers). the new material technology is getting good as they are extremly thin but very warm.

good weather up here all day but not nice washing and wd40ing the bike afterward.

still it was a blast out. cant wait for better weather.

Mand
06-03-2005, 07:16 PM
Won't be lovely to wear just a t-shirt under your leather jacket and no thermals under your trousers. Even better to not wear my neck warmer and let my hair free out the back of my helmet.

Not forgetting the summer gloves.

Bliss! :)

Paranoid Dave
06-03-2005, 08:00 PM
My bike is still of the road, I couldn't be more pleased it keeps raining, hailing and snowing. It can do it all March for I care as I feel so much better knowing even if she were roadworthy I still wouldn't go out :D :lol:

Stay warm, stay dry, stay indoors, stay at home. See you in April. ;)

CK & AK
06-03-2005, 08:33 PM
Won't be lovely to wear just a t-shirt under your leather jacket and no thermals under your trousers. Even better to not wear my neck warmer and let my hair free out the back of my helmet.

Not forgetting the summer gloves.

Bliss! :)

and then, wont it be horrible to be sticky inside ones leathers,
perspiration dribbling down your face & stinging your eyes,
socks that need wringing out :eek:

and leaving a summer meet, to be:
dreading the moment you need to put back on those damp leathers & the sweat soggy gloves that now wont go back on over your hot hands.
The 'eeeeuuuuch' noise you utter, by putting on your helmet that hasnt quite dried out :eek: :rolleyes: :D

and then you think - mmmm, roll on those late in the summer mornings, when it doesnt get so hot till later in the day :burnout:

C

Pedro
07-03-2005, 12:31 PM
He he he!!

Just had a week in Johannesburg, weather was lovely! Not a day below 25 degrees C but a couple of proper big thunderstorms! Rain for an hour then the sun came out again.

Life is hard.....:D

A Yerbury
07-03-2005, 12:40 PM
tee hee its quite mild in France at the moment, the food is better and the booze is cheaper..hee hee

DesmoDog
07-03-2005, 12:41 PM
Wouldn't it be nice to wear what you want? No lid? No problem? It's not like anyone else is going to die. I used to love screaming about on my little Garelli with no lid and not a care in the world. Remember kids, ride safe.

CraigMac
07-03-2005, 12:45 PM
What a glorious day it was....sun was shining and a cloudless sky. A slight nip in the air and to cap it all it was mothers day......so chained to the kitchen cooking dinner for the wicked witch of the west and my old mum!!
The things you have to do...Eh.

Desmo, Was it a Tiger Cross, by chance??

Mand
07-03-2005, 12:59 PM
and then, wont it be horrible to be sticky inside ones leathers,
perspiration dribbling down your face & stinging your eyes,
socks that need wringing out :eek:

and leaving a summer meet, to be:
dreading the moment you need to put back on those damp leathers & the sweat soggy gloves that now wont go back on over your hot hands.
The 'eeeeuuuuch' noise you utter, by putting on your helmet that hasnt quite dried out :eek: :rolleyes: :D

and then you think - mmmm, roll on those late in the summer mornings, when it doesnt get so hot till later in the day :burnout:

C

A couple years ago after the Donnington MotoGP, it was a very hot day, got home and we had to tear off each others leathers (ooo eerrr!) because we were so hot! We had to hang them on the line to dry. :lol:

DesmoDog
07-03-2005, 01:04 PM
dunno mate, I was 18 and only interested in looking cool on the company vehicles. It was 100cc and kind of trails, but not like today. Does that make it any easier to id?

CraigMac
07-03-2005, 01:12 PM
Desmo,
My first "on the road" bike was a Tiger Cross 50.....Yellow and black tank...went like stink!
Fond memories!!!

A Yerbury
07-03-2005, 05:09 PM
hee hee I got so cold once that all my fingers and toes went blue then frooze off! and growing up in South Africa and Saudi Arabia I have had sun stroke too!!! that was proper hot! :mad: -thats me with skin cancer! hee hee!

CK & AK
07-03-2005, 06:09 PM
He he he!!

Just had a week in Johannesburg, weather was lovely! Not a day below 25 degrees C but a couple of proper big thunderstorms! Rain for an hour then the sun came out again.

Life is hard.....:D

Ped - shut it!! :mad: :p :rolleyes:

C :D

Melnie Mouse
08-03-2005, 07:37 AM
I did something similar a couple of years ago; I was selling an XLR125 and had a lady coming to look at early Sunday morning so I decided to clean it the day before in freezing temperatures.

Lady turned up the next day, so I wheeled the bike out of the garage and go to start it up only to find the ignition is frozen! Some water must have got into the barrel and it was solid so I had to feed an extention cable out of the window and get the hair dryer out to try and defrost it!

As I live in a first floor flat my neighbours below me were not impressed by me standing in their front garden with a motorbike and hairdryer at 9am! :lol:

That's so funny.. had me in stitches just imagining it..

and yeah roll on summer sticking to leathers sounds more bliss at the moment that freezing ya bits off!