UK Monster Owners Club Forum » .: Technical :. » Kits & Accessories » R&G Fork / Swingarm protectors

Old 06-11-2004, 01:54 PM   #1
S4R Dude

Cool R&G Fork / Swingarm protectors

Hi all,

Looking at gettng these for the S4R, as i see it they just push in. Has anyone got any fitted with piccies? As i am intrigued and are they worth-while as i was wondering if they would just get forced out on a spill? You know...push in pull out as the tarmac grips them.

I like the idea but was hoping someone would have either a clue or had them fitted already to give an idea.

Much obliged......me.
Old 07-11-2004, 09:04 AM   #2
NattyBoy
Monsterless again for now

Bike: M900
Hmm..not seen these myself, but bearing in mind my S4R will be my new track tool for next year..id be very interested to hear some feedback too..

Nat
NattyBoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2004, 10:06 AM   #3
slug

There are some similar ones for sale on ebay at http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.d...932321769&rd=1 These have a bar that goes through the hollow wheel spindle/axle and the bungs mount on the ends. I imagine the R&G ones are the same.

I recently used the crash bungs mounted on my frame and I can assure they are worth their wieght in gold (or Ducati parts, which should be gold plated for the price)
Old 07-11-2004, 11:29 AM   #4
berto

Worth every penny
Attached Images
File Type: jpg fork bungs.jpg (67.5 KB, 34 views)
File Type: jpg R&G bungs.jpg (60.3 KB, 35 views)
Old 07-11-2004, 11:34 AM   #5
S4R Dude

Interesting as they use a bolt through and the R&G one do not.

The R&G kit supplies three, one, a small one goes in front of the left side of the front wheel spindle, a middle sized one goes on the throttle side of the bike and a third larger one on the rer throttle side of the bike. They are tapped in place using a hammer.

As i said....very interested in anyone having fitted them......intrigued.....