UK Monster Owners Club Forum » .: Technical :. » Service/Dealer & Insurance » Ducati John in Leeds. Top service

Old 29-09-2004, 05:52 PM   #1
stef

Thumbs up Ducati John in Leeds. Top service

Just got back from John's place in Leeds.
first class service. Highly recomended. Even rescued me from the motorway, after i ran out of petrol !
Note to Chappers and Pete: i thought it was sorted, but that leaking tank sensor is still bugging me... and it looks like i also have knocked the gauge sensor out ... !
Old 30-09-2004, 01:10 PM   #2
hammy

Ducati John? Who's he? Where is he? I live in Leeds & currently go to Cobb & Jagger in Shipley. They're very helpfull & do a great job & all that, but quite frankly, having to travel through the outskirts of Bradford to get there is not something I care to do on a regular basis Plus it's a pain in the arse getting to & from, whilst they're taking care of my beloved. Do you have his number/address?

David
Old 30-09-2004, 01:34 PM   #3
stef

sure, just find his name in the members book and go to his website.
I live in meanwood, but work in shipley, 300yrds from cobbs. but if you are after top service at discount price, john is your man.
I got a good second hand disk, new pads, disk bolts, can of brake cleaner, and rescue from motorway including £5 worth of petrol for less than £95 all fitted while i watched.
eventhough john is in Rothwell and i have the ducati shop at hand, i'd still rather make the journey... maybe if cobbs let me in the workshop, got me a coffee while i watched and chatted with the mechanics, it would be different..
Old 30-09-2004, 02:33 PM   #4
hammy

Quote:
Originally Posted by stef
sure, just find his name in the members book and go to his website...
Had a look in the members section, there's no one called 'Ducati John' & there's about 200 other 'Johns' to sift through!! Sorry to be so lazy (I am a man), but if you could let me know which of the 200 he is, that would be perfect

Cheers
David
Old 30-09-2004, 02:39 PM   #5
stef

www.ducati-john.co.uk
there you go. he is in fact duke john
Old 30-09-2004, 02:49 PM   #6
hammy

A great help. Fantastic!

Cheers
David (from Alwoodley)
Old 30-09-2004, 02:58 PM   #7
stef

Alwoodley...just next door really !
you will have to stop by sometime to show off your metal ! i am a stone throw away from the myrtle tavern and the bayhorse pub.
Old 30-09-2004, 03:08 PM   #8
NattyBoy
Monsterless again for now

Bike: M900
He rang me up the other week to buy some bits...seemed like a really genuine bloke..

Nat
NattyBoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-09-2004, 03:18 PM   #9
hammy

Quote:
Originally Posted by stef
Alwoodley...just next door really !
you will have to stop by sometime to show off your metal ! i am a stone throw away from the myrtle tavern and the bayhorse pub.
Absolutely My best mate, & ex girfriend, used to live in the end semi, just next to the painted roundabout. Parkside Road, I think? You know where I mean...

Next time I go for a spin, I'll ride past, don't know which house you are, but believe me, you'll hear me coming Flag me down. I'll show you mine if you show me yours
Old 30-09-2004, 03:32 PM   #10
stef

i'll keep my hears opened, but if i dont hear u, txt on 07747482583!
i see where you mean. I am a quarter of a mile from there, towards the ring road/bay horse/myrtle, on the holmwoods..
Old 30-09-2004, 03:34 PM   #11
stef

I have a good friend on the quarry, in alwoodley !
Old 30-09-2004, 04:09 PM   #12
hammy

The Quarry, that's proper Alwoodley, I barely scrape in Nursery Lane, if you know it.

Anyway, back to the point of the thread, I'll give John a call next time I need a little something. Thanks for the tip.

David
:burnout:
Old 01-10-2004, 07:18 AM   #13
andros

Bike: S2r
Red face

Thanks too from me for the link. Its nice to know theres a good independant neraby as an alternative to the main dealer.
andros is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2004, 09:43 AM   #14
hammy

Quote:
Originally Posted by andros
Thanks too from me for the link. Its nice to know theres a good independant neraby as an alternative to the main dealer.
Another Monster in Leeds! Stef's in Meanwood, I'm in Alwoodley, where are you? We'll have to get together sometime & go out for a spin, or at least show some mutual appreciation for each others Dukes.

David
Old 01-10-2004, 09:53 AM   #15
stef

absolutely... we could organise a meeting on sainsbury moortown car park, bring the boom boxes and see who makes the roundest doughnuts.