UK Monster Owners Club Forum » .: Technical :. » Service/Dealer & Insurance » Was **** Turpin from Abergele?

Old 01-08-2004, 07:52 PM   #1
sidtheparrot

Was **** Turpin from Abergele?

Hello Peeps,

If you’ve read any of my other threads you might have guessed that I want an S4, and I want it now!
I’ve been all over the place looking for a good one and talked to many dealers or should I say stealers?
Anyhow I thought I’d call into Woods motorcycles to see what they could offer me, and low and behold they had four of the feckers in , it looks as if loads of people are chopping their S4’s in for S4R’s. Whilst there I saw a very clean S4 on a Y plate showing 6k miles. I asked for a price to swap my 2001 CBR929RRY for the S4.
They gave me the answer the very next day, £1595 plus the blade; they told me they’d given me £4300 for the blade making the Y reg 2001 S4 £5895 (On yer bike was selling them off new at £6k ).
Show room book price for a Y plate is £5100 tops and my blade is actually worth more in the book than the S4. Bloody daylight robbery at least **** Turpin wore a mask!
Has anyone else been attempted to be robbed or is it just me who’s got MUG stamped on his head?
Old 01-08-2004, 08:04 PM   #2
steviej

It doesn't say MUG, it says GUM................
Old 01-08-2004, 08:07 PM   #3
sidtheparrot

Quote:
Originally Posted by steviej
It doesn't say MUG, it says GUM................
Well it said MUG when I checked in the mirror
Old 01-08-2004, 08:10 PM   #4
steviej

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Old 01-08-2004, 09:25 PM   #5
plug747

Sid,

Sounds like you could ditch the blade at a dealers and still buy my 2001 51 S4 for next to no nett outlay... I'm waiting....and so is my S4..

Plug
Old 02-08-2004, 09:23 AM   #6
dean

Woods motorcycles = typical retailer shysters (did i spell that right). trade with them at your peril.