UK Monster Owners Club Forum » .: Technical :. » Mods & How To's » new monster, new project

Old 20-07-2004, 08:57 PM   #1
DevilBoy

Post new monster, new project

hello all

Ive just purchased a nice shiney black 2002 Monster s4. So firstly, congratulations are in order me thinks!

I bought it with high level pipes, and loadsa carbon bits and pieces... and Im looking to make it look a little more aggressive (If thats possible).

i want to get rid of that big crap thing that holds the number plate on... and replace the indicators with something a little more sexy.

First things first - the ripping off of the tea tray... how do you do it?, and wheres the best place to get a new bracket for the numberplate, and maybe a smaller numberplate too.

Next, whats the best small indicators to replace those big horrible looking things. Or even better - can you get a numberplate holder with indicators built-in - like an undertray.?

Cheers all.
Oh - another thing - how do I jack the back-end up a little? She looks like shes sitting down!

Old 20-07-2004, 10:29 PM   #2
pooh
Lincolnshire Area Rep

Bike: M900ie
Hi
Have a look at the sponsors link at the top of the page Stuart has evrything you need and has some rather sexy rear LED lights with indicators built in.

Ian
Old 20-07-2004, 10:32 PM   #3
DevilBoy

Whats the URL - I can only find a list of specials for this week!
Old 20-07-2004, 10:36 PM   #4
Little Monster

patience young jedi.

welcome to the monnie forum by the way

it's www.spareshack.com but if you go to the page with the specials on and click on the big spareshack logo top right, it'll open the page up from there too.

now spend spend spend
Old 20-07-2004, 10:36 PM   #5
DevilBoy

Is it the replacement mud guard here:
Click
??

Or just the direct replacement lense cover?
Old 21-07-2004, 12:42 PM   #6
norrie

Welcome.

Most people seem to chop the back end off and make a new bracket for the numberplate.
The only thing is you have to cut the frame which I wasn't keen on.
As for small indicators there are hundreds on the market.
Try to buy a good set or you might have hassle with them.

I'm not sure about jacking the back end up as the S4 is different from mine.

Norrie.
Old 21-07-2004, 01:43 PM   #7
steviej

Christ.......What was the insurance on that then
Old 21-07-2004, 02:09 PM   #8
DevilBoy

insurance was only £400 - which was only £80 more than my 600 bandit that I had for a year!

I really wanna get rid of that piece of sh*t tea tray... and on the spareshack website they sell a numberplate bracket, which it says just replaces the teatray.
Can anyone verify this?

Allso - has anyone jacked the backend up on an S4?

Old 21-07-2004, 02:25 PM   #9
A Yerbury

"I really wanna get rid of that piece of sh*t tea tray..." the force is strong in him, excellent! theres another post -quel suprise- about trays today, don't forget that there is currently an alarming trend circulating here at the mo, that is, older monsters wanting a new style tray, (dont ask!) so even though we are -mostly- agreed its a piece of dung someone may wish to buy it. that should take some of the sting out of hacking your tubes up...the pain goes away after about half an hour.
Old 21-07-2004, 03:04 PM   #10
NattyBoy
Monsterless again for now

Bike: M900
Dont listen to Yerbs...!!!

You can still have a sexy arse with getting one of drapers finest hacksaws out..heres mine (short ducati performance rear tray with number plate holder)
http://www.ducatisportingclub.com/xm...0634&pid=87596
Nat
NattyBoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-07-2004, 10:00 PM   #11
DevilBoy

So am i right in assuming that if you wanna get rid of the lot... you have some modding on the frame to do? i.e. hacking of a chunk of metal?!

has anyone got a picture of thier back-end (dont even need to make a joke of that one!) - post hacking.

Cheers
Old 23-07-2004, 09:55 AM   #12
DevilBoy

Well?

:twisted:
Old 23-07-2004, 07:53 PM   #13
Little Monster

there's loads of stuff that's been posted on this. i can never get the search facility to work but look up tail chop and see what you find.

the gallery has loads of piccies and there are lots of chopped bikes on there.

i've pm'd you.
Old 23-07-2004, 08:52 PM   #14
A Yerbury

apologies to all those who've seen this before but here is a hacksawed arse, I left about an inch of tube although Im not sure of the frame design on s4, I imagine its much the same. ducatisuite have a blow by blow account although I m not sure of the web address (ducatsuite in any search engine should find it)
AY
Attached Images
File Type: jpg ARSE.jpg (66.0 KB, 61 views)
Old 23-07-2004, 09:10 PM   #15
A Yerbury

easier from this angle, plugged frame with bar ends.... and to all tail huggers out there concerned about brown stripe syndrome, that roadracing do-dah on the tyre works fine!
AY
Attached Images
File Type: jpg rear.jpg (47.1 KB, 53 views)