UK Monster Owners Club Forum » .: UKMOC Regions :. » Region Announcements » Bedfordshire » Metdreth Manor Show - 16th June

Old 30-05-2004, 08:32 PM   #1
Chris

Metdreth Manor Show - 16th June

I went to this show 2 years ago and it was fantastic and very well attended, missed it last year so hope to make it this year. I will be riding out from Bedford to the show (don't know what route yet, will have to check the map) and will leave at 6:00pm. Planned meeting place will be at the Embankment at 5:45.

So, who can make it???

For more information see Royston District Motorcycle Club
Old 30-05-2004, 09:43 PM   #2
elaine

Have put that in the diary Chris.
A few suggestions are:
18th July ride out to Rockingham for the British Superbike and 15th August for the Ace Cafe. These are both Sundays.
Is the the date for July going to be the 14th or the 21st for a Wednesday Wobble?
Old 30-05-2004, 09:55 PM   #3
Chris

I can't make Rockingham myself, but sounds like a good plan. What's on at the ACE? I have made a note of it anyway.

July meet, erm... 14th! Unless anybody has any objections.
Old 30-05-2004, 10:00 PM   #4
peteS4

i am such a ride out whore now !!!!!!!!!!

i'm up for anything................. what the hell...................... bring it on............. :burnout:
Old 31-05-2004, 08:05 AM   #5
Migsangel

Hello,

Here is a link to the Royston Motorcycle club. They have some piccies about last years show.

http://www.rdmc.org.uk/

Here is the map of where Meldreth Manor is, just in case you are not coming from Bedford with Chris.

http://www.streetmap.co.uk/newmap.sr...ambridgeshire+[City/Town/Village]&searchp=newsearch.srf&mapp=newmap.srf

Jann and I hope to make it up to the show, but we will just have to find you at the Manor....
Old 31-05-2004, 09:06 AM   #6
Chris

Thanks Migs, I had already posted the link to rdmc, but the map is very useful. I hadn't found it myself yet! Hope to see you there.
Old 01-06-2004, 09:59 AM   #7
madhatter
Gold Member

Bike: S4
Cool

That Pete! He's just anyone's for a ride-out!

I am out on business in Brackley on the 16th, but I will try to get back in time to make the run from the Embankment at 6.00. I also heard about the RDMC show last year, after the event, and people said that it was good.

If not, I will probably meet everyone there.

Could Elaine (mumsie) bring a first aid kit with some Sunscreen and Aftersun for Pete? :twisted:
madhatter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2004, 10:25 AM   #8
CK & AK
flob-a-lob-a-lob

Bike: Multiple Monsters
Chris - 15th Aug is Streetfighter day at the Ace - see National calendar link here for all multi meets & interesting things :

http://www.ukmonster.co.uk/monster/s...ead.php?t=4667

C
CK & AK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2004, 09:09 PM   #9
elaine

Exclamation

Mumsie here!

I always have the essentials in my tank bag !These obviously include baby wipes, visor wipes, sunblock - please! - factor 50 and Nivea for aftersun.
First Aid Kit did not help yesterday tho as Robin was hit by this HUGE people carrier who decided to do a U turn straight into him. The van/car driver was looking the other way!!

Highly commend service in Bedford A & E much improved since my last visit but I do have to say the coffe machine was not. Can't have everything.

Will still be up for the trip to Cambridge tho. See you all at the Embankment.
Old 01-06-2004, 09:16 PM   #10
peteS4

**** Me !!!!!!!

i'm guessing robin is the guy who rode with us on sunday......... god i hope he's ok elaine........ give him my best wont you........... i got on well with him, really nice guy............... just goes to show you............ and i'm on for the camb ride too.......... but i think you all already knew that !!!!!!! and elaine............... i'm going for slim girls these days........ well.... i did chop my babys bottom off on monday....... she a sexy girl now
Old 02-06-2004, 07:16 AM   #11
Chris

Elaine, give my best wishes to Robin. I assume that nothing's broken.

I agree with the comment on Bedford A&E, they saw me within about 30 minutes, I was very impressed.

See you on the 16th. ps. if you fancy digging a map out and looking for a route to Meldreth that'd be helpful. I don't remember which way I went last time, but remember there were some nice roads out that way.
Old 02-06-2004, 07:56 AM   #12
peteS4

chris, i'm an ex whitevan man, i'll have a look for a route if you like....will post ideas tonight (weds)..................
Old 02-06-2004, 08:15 AM   #13
madhatter
Gold Member

Bike: S4
Bloody UPS Delivery Vans & People Carriers!

Please give Robin all my best wishes as well Elaine. I hope that there was not too much damage to either him or his bike, as Pete says, he's a decent bloke and we hope to see him on the bike again soon.

I'm Still hoping to make the 16th and looking forward to seeing you all again, particularly inspecting Pete's rear-end! Still buzzing from Sunday!!!

When working out a route to Meldreth remember that the A505 between Baldock and Royston is littered with speed cameras.
madhatter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2004, 05:37 PM   #14
peteS4

theres a B road from the A1 through potton......... left map in van but will get it later, take the A road out of bedford through moggenhanger (think thats spelt right !!!!) to the A1 the B road takes you almost all the way....... theres also a nice straight A road route for way home if its dark by then
Old 02-06-2004, 06:49 PM   #15
elaine

Robin has two broken bones in his left ankle and an open wound the other side of the ankle.
Big bang believe me.
Will not go into the gorry details but blame Pete for mentioning girls who like scars!!

Unbelievably there is very little damage to the bike as Robin's ankle and leg took the main impact. He was a hero tho and didn't throw it away. Kept it upright with broken ankle til ambulance came!

Pete. Do you want Robin's place on the track day? He will not need it now.

16th. Route. Moggerhanger, Sandy, Potton, Wrestlingworth etc is way I usually go to Cambridge. How much time do you want to take to get there?