UK Monster Owners Club Forum » .: UKMOC Regions :. » Region Announcements » Lincolnshire » Yanks and Lancs June 5th

Old 17-05-2004, 06:09 PM   #1
Paranoid Dave
Is it meant to do that?

Bike: Other Ducati
Talking Yanks and Lancs June 5th

If world war two Lancaster bombers and Spitfires excite you then this could be for you.

Saturday 5th June 2004.
Lincolnshire Aviation Heritage Centre.
East Kirkby, near Spilsby.
Location details: www.lincsaviation.co.uk
Time: 10.30 am to 4.00 pm.

This is the home of one of the few remaining world war two Lancaster's and one of the very few who actually run. On this day they will be firing up the engines and touring around the runway, so close the wing passes over your head. there's a flypass from local spitfires too.

OK I'll come clean, this is actually a Buell meet, They have met there for the last two years and it's a superb day. This year they've changed the name to the Emma Radford Memorial Buell Day. It's not a Buell only meet as it's a public museum but UKBEG have asked me to invite any of Emma's friends of UKMOC members who want to go. The buells will be parked under the plane and any others will have to park behind the mess or face being blown over by the 4 Merlin engines. :twisted:

There's a very small entry fee but it's not something you get to see everyday.

So what could be better than hearing and seeing the best engines in the world, talking to a load of new faces with V-twin engines being the top topic.

Link to Buell site thread:
http://www.bike-pix.com/forum/viewto...er=asc&start=0

:twisted: :twisted: :twisted:
Old 17-05-2004, 07:12 PM   #2
Banshee

COOL

BLOODY BLOODY BLOODY.

That sounds sooo cool, but its my son's birthday, and i can't work on his birthday, i blame mrs Banshee she should have held him in a day.
Old 17-05-2004, 07:16 PM   #3
Paranoid Dave
Is it meant to do that?

Just call it overtime
Old 17-05-2004, 07:35 PM   #4
steviej

I'll be burnt to a crisp on a beach.......................
Old 17-05-2004, 11:12 PM   #5
Tigerlily

Sounds like a great day out!

Me and Rabbit will be going if we can sort out a babysitter.
Old 19-05-2004, 12:34 PM   #6
Phoenix

love to have gone for Emma and for my Grandad who flew in Lancasters but I can't make it sadly on the grounds that i'm taking my girls to Disney Paris.
Keep it in my Diary for next year though
Hope you have a good a day as you can PD.
Old 29-05-2004, 12:45 PM   #7
lox

Thumbs up East Kirkby

Hi PD,
Is this meet open to anyone with a monster ?
Because me and Boppy (East york's lot) would like to pop down.
cheer's
Rich
Old 29-05-2004, 02:16 PM   #8
Paranoid Dave
Is it meant to do that?

Quote:
Originally Posted by lox
Hi PD,
Is this meet open to anyone with a monster ?
Because me and Boppy (East york's lot) would like to pop down.
cheer's
Rich
Yup!

It's a public aviation museum, open to anyone, bikes are especially welcome on this day so feel free to come along.
Old 30-05-2004, 02:51 PM   #9
Little Monster

Might be there. Hubby's a Buelligan and much rests on whether he can get a new front brake disc fitted by then. It's got too much movement to ride safe as it is....so with any luck we'll be there. he's on the phone to his guy right now who's gonna fit it.

I read the Buelly thread. I hope non buelly's who didn't know Emma are still welcome. I can ride my hubby's Buelly credentials to get in but there are other Monster riders who are new to the forum wanting to come too that won't have known her. Perhaps you can tell us about Emma? I'm intrigued as to how she's managed to cross the divide between Monsters and Buells. A true diplomat! I've gathered from threads she had CF and only passed away recently. Was it her bike called Barney? Was it a Buell? What's the Monster link? I hope these questions don't come across the wrong way (as emails often can) but she clearly touched a lot of people and i'd feel a fraud going to a memorial meet not knowing anything about the person being remembered ....
Old 30-05-2004, 04:23 PM   #10
Paranoid Dave
Is it meant to do that?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Little Monster
Perhaps you can tell us about Emma? I'm intrigued as to how she's managed to cross the divide between Monsters and Buells. A true diplomat! I've gathered from threads she had CF and only passed away recently. Was it her bike called Barney? Was it a Buell? What's the Monster link?
OK - EVERYONE is welcome because the day/event is not organised by any bike club or person relating to one. The aviation museum houses a Lancaster and to keep it in working order every few months I believe, they bring her out, fire up the engines and taxi round a bit. The Buell club thought this a nice day to hold a meet and bring the link between engine lovers so two years ago they met there on this day. Also there were many veterans, and a classic car club. Myself and em also went. last year they did the same meet and emma once again attended (but it was first day of Arrow Mill so I didn't)
This year to honour a fellow Bueller, UKBEG have renamed their meet after Emma and welcomed any friends, bikers or monsterers along too. But it's still only a meeting place for us all, the museum and open day is open to general public. Hope that makes things clearer.

Little Monster - you have a PM
Old 30-05-2004, 10:00 PM   #11
Paranoid Dave
Is it meant to do that?

Seems like quite a few people are interested in going. Be nice to meet a few new faces, not tomention some old ones too. Me I can't wait for the sound of those 4 bloody great engines firing up just yards from me and a wave from the local spitfire too.

I'll be a happy

See you there.
Old 31-05-2004, 05:04 PM   #12
Little Monster

Thanks for the PM PD. Certainly sounds like those of us that never got to meet Emma missed out. Girls on bikes are rare enough but girls on Buells even more so. Looking forward to seeing all the Buells and Monsters. Let's pray for sun!
Old 02-06-2004, 05:21 PM   #13
Paranoid Dave
Is it meant to do that?

Thought you'd like to know, the Bueller who organised the bike meet wrote this...

"went to the Centre yesterday to finalise details for Saturday - the Spitfire flying display is absolutely awesome, totally blew me away. Forget what you may have seen at airshows. This is low and close-up"

What more do you want eh.
Old 02-06-2004, 05:24 PM   #14
Julie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paranoid Dave

What more do you want eh.
I want to be able to come to the do! bugger
Old 02-06-2004, 05:25 PM   #15
Julie

oh ****e!!! 1000 posts