UK Monster Owners Club Forum » .: UKMOC Regions :. » Region Announcements » Surrey » Italian Day at the Ace

Old 09-05-2004, 06:28 PM   #1
Muttley

Italian Day at the Ace

It worked! (sort of....sorry i lost you JamesT )

Met up with JamesT Jamcoly and DRC at Box Hill and then collected CK AK MartinS4 and (wait for it) Blufoot on his new bike....Bex's VFR400.

Trouble with the Ace Cafe is that it's a good place when you get there, but it's got some really dull roads to get there on........anyone know of an interesting route?

Met up with loads of peeps at the Ace:
Ade Fatbloke Benson QueenGP Eug Slob SimonS4 Jmo Dibble Vman Runningman LeMarsu & MrsLM.......have I missed anyone?

Nice run back to Woking to finish the day rummaging in AK's parts bin......thanks for the pipes Al

Tired now.....need sleep........

Last edited by Muttley; 09-05-2004 at 06:38 PM..
Old 09-05-2004, 06:37 PM   #2
Julie

any photos muttley?
Old 09-05-2004, 06:50 PM   #3
CK & AK
flob-a-lob-a-lob

Bike: Multiple Monsters
Cheers Muttley - that hoon with Ade, Jamcoly & DRC from t'other side of Slough past Windsor, through Sunningdale & Chobham was good - wasn't it!!
:burnout:

C

ps - J & R - AK has the camera at the mo - and is out not sure if he did take any pics - but if so, will post up later.

pps: Muttley - you missed out Marky!!!

Last edited by CK & AK; 09-05-2004 at 06:52 PM..
CK & AK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2004, 07:06 PM   #4
Spanner

What a tip top day. I had a great time. Everything went smoothly. And it DIDN'T BLOODY RAIN. Hoorah. The roads on the way back to Woking were great.

There were some beautiful bikes at the Ace. Old Ducatis, Bimotas, MV's and loads more. There was an MV Brutale there which was stunning. Far better in the flesh than any pictures.

Thanks for letting us hooligans back to your new house Charlotte and Alan. Very nice. I think your garage is almost as big as your old house. Thanks for the rear shock and choke thingy Alan. You're a gent. I owe you a drink or two.

Mike good luck with the area rep thing. I look forward to gatecrashing some more Surrey events.

Doug
Old 09-05-2004, 07:34 PM   #5
Muttley

Quote:
Originally posted by Julie & Ruth
any photos muttley?
Not yet J&R....I took the old proper filmy camera that we used at the Weekender and have now used up the film. Will post some picies up when I get it processed ......... god it sounds old fashioned doesn't it
Old 09-05-2004, 07:36 PM   #6
queen_gpants

Good to see you guys again and meet more new people

Another good day at the Ace and so nice to see so many old and unusual bikes there instead of being stuck away in dusty garages.

I had a very boring ride home, although I did nearly manage to get my knee down on the Maple Cross roundabout after going round it a few times...I suddenly remembered I didn't have any sliders on!
Old 09-05-2004, 08:34 PM   #7
james t

Italian Day

No Problem Muttley

I lost myself

Still, Nice ride home via Hammersmith flyover (god knows how I managed to get there)

Heathrow looked pretty good in the drizzle so did Staines for that matter.

Must ask Father Christmas for a map this year.

Regards James t.

Confused but Content
Old 09-05-2004, 09:00 PM   #8
Eug

Quote:
Originally posted by CK:
pps: Muttley - you missed out Marky!!!
Don't forget JMo.
OK not a Monster but what a monster of a bike it was !
Old 09-05-2004, 09:39 PM   #9
Muttley

Quote:
Originally posted by Eug
Don't forget JMo.
OK not a Monster but what a monster of a bike it was !
Wouldn't dare miss out Jmo eh Jen!
She's there between SimonS4 and Dibble

PS Jen....when are you going to get Supermoto wheels and tyres for your bike, and can I have a go pleeeeeaaaaassssseeee
Old 10-05-2004, 12:16 AM   #10
JMo

Numb bum...

Quote:
Originally posted by Muttley
Wouldn't dare miss out Jmo eh Jen!
She's there between SimonS4 and Dibble
Woah, you'll be getting me a reputation fella! (I think you'll be getting those carpet fitters all in a fluster with statements like that!)

I was indeed there, as the ****ey weather in the morning, and all week (and last weekend!) meant the motocross track was a bog, and not for me...

So ironically, I make it to the Italian day afterall (unlike last year's hedge incident) on the Ronda instead - still, at least it was red, and I was in my Alpinestars and Dainese gear...

Was trek home mind you, took the long way and ambled through Surrey - well, the XR only does about 60mph anyway... (gosh, it's so easy to keep coming up with 'em isn't it?!!!)

Love to all,

xxx
Old 10-05-2004, 08:18 AM   #11
DesmoDog

Was Foggy there?
Old 10-05-2004, 08:25 AM   #12
fatbloke

Quote:
Originally posted by DesmoDog
Was Foggy there?
Luckily he was'nt
Old 10-05-2004, 02:22 PM   #13
Dibble

Take two then .. for CK ... lol .... x

Good to cross paths with a number of you .. both new and old (or in Muttleys case "very old") faces ......

Special thanks to Benson for showing me the way and thanks to Slob for providing such a nice rear end for me to follow .. and I dont mean you or your bike ... ;-)

Lots of faces but I'm crap at names ...

Even a few attractive women there, one of whom arrived on a Monster .. although she looked far too classy for it but I thought better than popping her onto the back of the 996 and taking her "up market" ... stop s!!!!!!ing at the back ....

So all in all a good turn out .. and CK even met the VMan ... lol

Sees you all soon......
Old 10-05-2004, 02:26 PM   #14
queen_gpants

Ah yes the VMan, he was so well behaved! He seems to have chilled out a bit on the DSC too, shame really!
Old 13-05-2004, 07:59 PM   #15
Muttley

At last the photos are back

The Ace Cafe in all it's glory

Last edited by Muttley; 09-03-2006 at 10:47 PM..