UK Monster Owners Club Forum » .: Technical :. » Mods & How To's » Lights and seat problems

Old 29-04-2004, 03:24 PM   #1
james007

Lights and seat problems

Couple of questions re lights -

1. my left front indicator sometimes flicks, sometimes not - is this a technical problem or do I just need to replace the bulb?

2. the back light is also now gone....if it's the bulb, should I expect them all to be popping soon (2 years old)?

3. I have found that my seat seems to be unlocking every now and again...I have an alarm under the seat, but it didn't seem to affect it before. I also find it particularly dificult to properly lock the seat down. On top op this (besides me of course), the back light is cracked - makes me think maybe someone was tampering with it?

Any help much appreciated!

James.
Old 29-04-2004, 03:33 PM   #2
Fosse Foxfight

Seat Problems

I take it when the alarm was fitted whoever did it removed the toolholder thingy?

:twisted:

Hope that helps

Sean
Old 29-04-2004, 05:29 PM   #3
james007

yes. There is still some stuff on the back of the seat, but I have taken the toolkit out.
Old 30-04-2004, 07:39 AM   #4
Chris

My seat kept on coming un-latched. I have fitted a stronger spring into the latch and it seems fine now.

As for bulbs. Monsters are a bit renowned for blowing tail light bulbs. It's due to those V-twin vibes we all love so much.
Old 30-04-2004, 07:55 AM   #5
james007

thanks Chris - I will replace the spring. (and the bulbs!)