UK Monster Owners Club Forum » .: Technical :. » Mods & How To's » 750SSie conversion.

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 19-09-2022, 07:36 PM   #1
Mr Gazza
Lord of the Rings

Bike: M900sie
750SSie conversion.

You may remember me picking up a tidy bog standard 750SSie a couple of years ago?
I've been thinking about a 750SS project for a very long time, I spent many hours studying pictures and slipping to sleep thinking about how my ideas could be done and if it would be possible. Buying the SS was a commitment, as I had reached a stage when I was convinced it would all work, and that an ie model was the way forward.
Obviously, I have done a lot more pondering and measuring since getting an actual bike and I'm still sure that it will all fall into place as I intend, Well we'll see.

Today Dacs came over and helped me weigh the bike dry and with the fuel tank full with me sitting in the riding position. This is for future reference when setting up the new suspension, and also to see if I shave any weight off during the build.
We also weighed my Monster for comparison, with about 3/4 of a tank full, then with me sitting in the riding position.

I'll be aiming at something more like the Monster's weight distribution as the riding position will be more upright and it will be naked.
My first Ducati was a 1992 750SS. I loved it but had a few moments when the rear end slipped out, I also found it quite uncomfortable at times, especially at sub 30mph speeds.
Above all that the power was great and the handling was superb. A fine motorcycle.
I traded up to a 1998 M900 and loved that even more.