UK Monster Owners Club Forum » .: Technical :. » Mods & How To's » Belt tension app.

Old 08-03-2018, 07:50 PM   #1
Luddite

Bike: M1100evo
Belt tension app.

I came across this by accident the other day. While it seems to have been around since 2014, I'd never seen it and it doesn't appear to have been mentioned on the forum anywhere.

This is an app along the lines of the many guitar tuners out there but, as it's specifically designed for belt tensioning, it might be more suited to our purposes. (I've tried a couple of guitar tuning apps in the past but have never been able to get consistent readings.)

This app comes from Continental. Although they may be better known for their tyres, they also have history with motorcycle hardware and software as I found out when I changed my ECU

As with the official Ducati equipment, the app measures the frequency of the cam belt when you pluck it.

I'd like to be able to tell you how well it works but, as I only have a very old and very unfashionable Windows phone, I can't use it.

But, if you have an Android or iPhone, you can find links to download it here:

https://www.contitech.de/en-GL/Media...try-Tension2Go

If anyone wants to give it a try, or has already used it, let us know if it's any good - I may have to persuade my friend to download it onto his iPhone for me to borrow!
Luddite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2018, 08:10 PM   #2
Nickj
Too much time on my hands member

Bike: S2r
Nice to know I'm not alone with my windows phone, shame they've dropped it as I always had hassles with androids and don't really like apples.
Old 08-03-2018, 08:19 PM   #3
StevieL

Bike: M900ie
Another one here going to have to bite the bullet and start afresh with an Android, my trusty Windows phone has survived numerous drops, slides and generally being abused but as posted above, a lot of useful stuff just not supported- suppose its called progress!
Atb Steve.
StevieL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2018, 09:17 PM   #4
slob

Bike: Multiple Monsters
I’ve used a couple of free guitar tuner apps (iphone) and found mic placement made it difficult to trust the consistency of results, so always check with the allen key method.
I recently found a small wired mic but haven’t tested it with laptop & jpdiag yet...
it never occured to me to try it with my phone until now but will check the pinouts on the audio jack
slob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2018, 04:52 PM   #5
iainw

Bike: S4r
I use the Gates Carbon Drive app for android, it's designed for belt drive push bikes. It works very well.
iainw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2018, 05:43 PM   #6
Jez900ie
Pleasantly surprised!

Quote:
Originally Posted by StevieL View Post
Another one here going to have to bite the bullet and start afresh with an Android, my trusty Windows phone has survived numerous drops, slides and generally being abused but as posted above, a lot of useful stuff just not supported- suppose its called progress!
Atb Steve.
If you are a 'phone droper, check Sony Compact X. Its made of something which allows you to drop it without breaking - at least so far so good... Great camera. Long battery life. About £200 new, unlocked. Oh and it fits in your pocket too.

Last edited by Jez900ie; 12-03-2018 at 05:47 PM..
Jez900ie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2018, 07:12 PM   #7
Mark64
Bronze Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by iainw View Post
I use the Gates Carbon Drive app for android, it's designed for belt drive push bikes. It works very well.
+1 for the gates carbon drive app, works a treat for me
Mark64 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-03-2018, 06:38 AM   #8
StevieL

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jez900ie View Post
If you are a 'phone droper, check Sony Compact X. Its made of something which allows you to drop it without breaking - at least so far so good... Great camera. Long battery life. About £200 new, unlocked. Oh and it fits in your pocket too.
Thanks for that, several app based versions of laptop programs that we use at work have taken over from the pc stuff to the point where the pc based stuff is gradually becoming redundant, I have been presented with a 10.1 inch tablet to keep up to date so when the time comes to abandon the trusty Nokia Windows phone I should have an idea of how Android works, thanks to Luddite for the heads up Tension 2 Go is now installed on the tablet.
Atb Steve.
StevieL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-03-2018, 08:36 AM   #9
Luxexterior

Always used the allen key method without any problem.
Old 14-03-2018, 07:42 PM   #10
Mark64
Bronze Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Luxexterior View Post
Always used the allen key method without any problem.
I always used the Allen key method on my air cooled bike - not an option with a testastretta!👍
Mark64 is offline   Reply With Quote