UK Monster Owners Club Forum » .: Technical :. » Kits & Accessories » rearsets

Old 17-03-2017, 12:11 PM   #1
Frosty 2.0

rearsets

Anyone tried or know something about this kind of rearsets? Infos and insights would be appreciated. Thanks
Billet Adjustable Rear Sets Rearsets Foot Peg Pedal Ducati Monster 796 | eBay

http://www.ebay.ca/itm/281872847189?ul_noapp=true
Old 17-03-2017, 12:37 PM   #2
Ron1000

Bike: M1100evo
Message pompone and about his spider ones. Very nice they are
Ron1000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-03-2017, 12:50 PM   #3
slob

Bike: Multiple Monsters
Nice looking rearsets, they look very adjustable.
Beware: If you buy in the US you'll almost certainly get held to ransom for 6% duty, 20% VAT and a 'management fee' by UPS and HMRC.
Plenty of suppliers in UK/Europe.
slob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-03-2017, 01:06 PM   #4
Darren69
Transmaniacon MOC

I haven't seen Pompone on here for a while, so I don't know if he still checks mail etc. His website is

http://www.desmoperformanceparts.com/

Termignoni and Bucci - Italian for pipe and slippers!

S4 Fogarty, S4R 07T, 748, Series 1 Mirage
Darren69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-03-2017, 01:58 PM   #5
Frosty 2.0

Thanks for the insights.
Old 17-03-2017, 01:59 PM   #6
Frosty 2.0

Just been to the website and emailed them if they ship to Canada.
Old 17-03-2017, 03:43 PM   #7
slob

Duh! sorry just noticed your location, less of a problem for you over there.
slob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-03-2017, 06:34 PM   #8
Darren69
Transmaniacon MOC

Duh, me too. I think I just saw Scarborough and thought North Yorks!

Termignoni and Bucci - Italian for pipe and slippers!

S4 Fogarty, S4R 07T, 748, Series 1 Mirage
Darren69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-03-2017, 06:42 PM   #9
Luddite

They look very neat, Frosty. I like the vertically mounted master cylinder.

The pictures show them fitted with a hydraulic brake light switch, although one isn't mentioned in the dealer's description. Best to check with them before buying to see if one is included.
Luddite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-03-2017, 01:19 AM   #10
Frosty 2.0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Luddite View Post
They look very neat, Frosty. I like the vertically mounted master cylinder.

The pictures show them fitted with a hydraulic brake light switch, although one isn't mentioned in the dealer's description. Best to check with them before buying to see if one is included.
Thanks for the reply, messaged them and said that a brake light switch is included. everything is a bolt on with all the existing oem hardwares.
Old 18-03-2017, 11:33 AM   #11
Luddite

Go for it! That seems like a really good price for what looks like a quality item. I've got a similar brake light switch on my rearsets and it works perfectly.

Are you planning to fit them yourself? If so, be aware that the rear brake is a complete PITA to bleed as the nipple is on the bottom of the caliper. I've found it helps to remove the caliper, flip it over so the nipple's on top and slide it on the top run of the disc (put some protective tape on the caliper to stop it rubbing on the swingarm). If you've got a vacuum bleeder or even a syringe to help draw the fluid through, that speeds things up.

Don't forget to let us know what they're like when you've fitted them (and post a couple of photos too of course!)
Old 19-03-2017, 07:07 AM   #12
Frosty 2.0

Quote:
Go for it! That seems like a really good price for what looks like a quality item. I've got a similar brake light switch on my rearsets and it works perfectly.

Are you planning to fit them yourself? If so, be aware that the rear brake is a complete PITA to bleed as the nipple is on the bottom of the caliper. I've found it helps to remove the caliper, flip it over so the nipple's on top and slide it on the top run of the disc (put some protective tape on the caliper to stop it rubbing on the swingarm). If you've got a vacuum bleeder or even a syringe to help draw the fluid through, that speeds things up.

Don't forget to let us know what they're like when you've fitted them (and post a couple of photos too of course!)
I will be bringing it to the mechanic for fitment. Can't do that extensive work on my bike yet. It sure looks good in the picture, hope it also is when fitted and hoping too that it would be a durable and sturdy one. Still convincing myself for the purchase, just got me a new LV one exhaust. It says that the sale will be ending in 7 days, what do you think guys? Will the price jack up or maybe the lower the price more.
Old 19-03-2017, 09:44 AM   #13
Luddite

I thought these looked familiar. Those ebay pictures are lifted from the Sato Racing website https://satoracing.com/rearsets_ducatim796.htm (Japanese manufacturer) but the seller has blacked out the Sato marks from the gear shift and brake pedals.

Check with the seller; are these genuine Sato rearsets or copies? If genuine, then that's a great price as they're currently US$675 on Sato's website. They have a good reputation for quality and design and I considered them for my Evo, (but couldn't afford them!).

If, however, they are copies, (perhaps Chinese), then beware. They MIGHT be as good as the Satos but often copies will be made from inferior materials and the anodizing may fade quite quickly. If the seller is confident in the product, why the fake photo other than to deceive the buyer?
Old 19-03-2017, 10:16 AM   #14
Frosty 2.0

Quote:
I thought these looked familiar. Those ebay pictures are lifted from the Sato Racing website https://satoracing.com/rearsets_ducatim796.htm (Japanese manufacturer) but the seller has blacked out the Sato marks from the gear shift and brake pedals.

Check with the seller; are these genuine Sato rearsets or copies? If genuine, then that's a great price as they're currently US$675 on Sato's website. They have a good reputation for quality and design and I considered them for my Evo, (but couldn't afford them!).

If, however, they are copies, (perhaps Chinese), then beware. They MIGHT be as good as the Satos but often copies will be made from inferior materials and the anodizing may fade quite quickly. If the seller is confident in the product, why the fake photo other than to deceive the buyer?
Hi it comes with a switch for tail light and no need to replace the brake line
This are exactly as sato racing japan we purchase software from them
Thanks, that is our chat recently.
Old 19-03-2017, 10:17 AM   #15
Frosty 2.0

and said that it is made in Florida USA