UK Monster Owners Club Forum » .: Wanted and Offered :. » For Sale » Ducati Aquila Pen

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 04-01-2016, 09:01 PM   #1
Flip

Bike: M900
Ducati Aquila Pen

Having a bit of a clear out and so I am offering here (before eBay) a very little used genuine Ducati roller ball (not ball point) pen made by Aquila.

The story behind it- A few years ago I was Best Man and as a very generous gift from my mate I received a Ducati Aquila ball point pen which I absolutely love but at the time thought too nice to actually use and so I put it safely away in a drawer. Then some time later while in Brighton I went past the shop he bought it from and they had a similar one for sale which I bought on impulse thinking I would use it instead of the gift.

However, almost as soon as I got it home I thought what is the point of having a lovely pen and never using it and so I started using (now use all the time) the original one which I was given and this one has sat safely in a drawer ever since- until now!

So here it is, in the original Ducati Tangerine of the '60s and '70's with a matt black body divided by a Tangerine stripe finished with a chrome band and barrel. It takes standard a roller ball refill, which I replaced straight away to preserve the original Ducati branded one (yes I know a bit anorak-y). All I can say after several years of use my original red one still looks as good as new, the lacquer is that good and both are very well balance (the roller ball slightly better actually as it doesn't have the added weight of the cap on when writing).

Too nice to keep hidden away and not use but also at this price unlikely to go down in value either as prices are back on the up for quality pens. As you can see it comes in it's original leather box and is complete with paperwork so for anyone here £55 posted please which less than half the cost when new.