UK Monster Owners Club Forum » .: Technical :. » Mods & How To's » Scottoiler Pictures

Old 14-02-2004, 08:49 PM   #1
NewMon
Titanium Member

Bike: M600
Lightbulb Scottoiler Pictures - Updated

Ok, here goes. I spent a wet Saturday afternoon doing this. Maybe this will help someone. I am not a mechanic, although I can use my hands, eyes and brain. If anyone has any comments, good or bad, please post 'em.

At this stage, I've only done the install. Next is a dry run to make sure that the suspension movment isn't going to smash the rmv. Then fill and prime it and another run to make sure oil is flowing.

01 Showing the RMV on left side under the side panel. Mine are CF from the previous owner. I guess these are the same shape/size as the originals.

02 The vacuum connection is easy to sort. remove screw, put in M5 spigot. Add L shaped filter and bit of tube

03 and 04 Simple and straight path under tank to underseat plackie bit and then down into RMV. Cable tied it to convenient pipe.

05 Another view of the RMV. I didn't really know what to do with the breather. This way the pipe is hidden behind the cover and is easy to remove to fill.

06 and 07 Delivery tube. This was very simple. The 'factory' bend in the tube was perfect. I eschewed the suoerglue (it never works for me) and attached the tube using ty-wraps. My ZZR has the same arrangement. I contemplated the front sprocket arrangement but ended up sticking with what I know.

08 and 09 Done. You don't really see it when glancing at the bike.

Next: Test ride and fill.

Update: I've taken snakey's advice and re-done the rmv mounting. It is now invisible and I can fill without removing the cover. Much better. See http://www.ukmonster.co.uk/monster/s...&threadid=4832
Thanks snakey!

Last edited by NewMon; 18-02-2004 at 06:33 PM..
NewMon is offline   Reply With Quote