UK Monster Owners Club Forum » .: Warm Up Area :. » A nice place for new members to say hello » New member with S2R 1000

Old 24-07-2015, 07:35 PM   #1
willber

New member with S2R 1000

Just joined up after buying my second bike and first Ducati - a silver Monster s2r 1000. I have only just passed my test in June and had started off on a Yamaha Thundercat which was great but just didnt quite get my heart racing!

So far my Monster is standard apart from just completed a home-made tail chop tonight. Ive got bar end mirrors on order and wondering whether to have a go at coring the standard exhausts or go for some Danmoto ones off ebay...... Funds are a bit tight so I cant blow a load of cash on Termignoni or Arrow!

Cheers
Old 24-07-2015, 07:43 PM   #2
Flip

Bike: M900
First of all welcome along, congrats on the licence and choice of bike, now we need photos!!

With regards the exhausts, personally if it were mine I would hang on until a 'proper' set came up second hand for the right money rather than wreck the originals. Then when they do you can wrap the originals up and put them away just case you ever need it quiet again for whatever reason.
Old 24-07-2015, 10:35 PM   #3
Dave G
Imagineer

Bike: S2r
Consider fitting a cat bypass pipe rather than coring your OE cans, street legal and it actually releases more noise than the endcan mod.
Old 25-07-2015, 07:51 AM   #4
squarehead

Hello and welcome. Nice bike
Old 25-07-2015, 04:08 PM   #5
Dirty
Bockloks

Bike: No Bike Yet!
Hi welcome

Well done on the tail chop

Dirty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-07-2015, 05:40 PM   #6
Mr Gazza
Lord of the Rings

Bike: M900sie
Hello and welcome...

I have cored cans on my Monster, and I'll be honest with you they don't sound anything like as nice as an after market can.

They do retain an original Monster look and also all the markings and stamps that go with it.

However should a cored can ever be called into question by the authorities, it would potentialy incur a greater penalty than a bolt on addition with no markings. Because it has been tampered with and voided the stamps....Dirty would explain it better..
Old 26-07-2015, 03:32 PM   #7
willber

Thanks guys I will get some pictures up soon once ive got the new mirrors on. Appreciate the feedback and ideas for exhaust also.....