UK Monster Owners Club Forum » .: UKMOC Regions :. » Region Announcements » Norfolk » Norfolk Run out. July 12th

Closed Thread

Old 05-07-2015, 06:32 PM   #1
Mr Gazza
Lord of the Rings

Bike: M900sie
Norfolk Run out. July 12th

Meet Aylsham Market place, 10.30am Sunday 12th July.

This will be quite a long run...Approx 100 miles, so there will be fuel and food stops.

First "planned" stop is Burnham Deepdale, then to Hunstanton, then back to Aylsham or Reepham market place.

I've found some lovely "less travelled" roads, so we might have some fun....Burnham to Hunstanton will be the coast road, so progress might be a little more sedate on that bit!!

Gawd knows what the weather will do...We'll see when it comes.
Old 06-07-2015, 07:37 PM   #2
Mr Gazza
Lord of the Rings

Great news. I heard from Stu last night.

Things have turned round for him at last, his bike is on the road and he is hoping to join us on our World tour of West Norfolk on Sunday....
Old 06-07-2015, 08:53 PM   #3
LittleMonstar

I'll try and make this one Garry, although I am out for a friends birthday the evening before so might be a bit worse for wear to ride Sunday.

Old 07-07-2015, 05:05 PM   #4
Mr Gazza
Lord of the Rings

It's a well know fact that the best hangover cure in the World, is a good blast on your Monster...

You can bale out at any point on the run, if it all gets too much.
Old 08-07-2015, 04:53 PM   #5
Mr Gazza
Lord of the Rings

Wednesday's bump...

Any more takers???
Old 08-07-2015, 09:54 PM   #6
dacs

Bike: Multiple Monsters
Hope to make Sunday, Tho weather not looking too good at the moment, fingers crossed eh?
Old 09-07-2015, 04:58 PM   #7
Mr Gazza
Lord of the Rings

MMm.!! They are talking about "showers" for Sunday.

Ah well, let's wait and see.

If it's grotty day, we could postpone till the following Sunday?...Check here Sunday morning.
Old 10-07-2015, 07:14 PM   #8
Mr Gazza
Lord of the Rings

They are now saying that the showers will be "early" in the day, so maybe we can still do this Sunday but perhaps just push off a little later if needs be...
Old 12-07-2015, 07:41 AM   #9
Mr Gazza
Lord of the Rings

Okay....You can see for yourself where it is raining at the moment here...

http://www.accuweather.com/en/gb/spa...r-radar/709222

There will be a hole in the rain from about 10am onwards to at least 2pm. That's enough for a dry run with the roads drying out quite quickly, I would imagine?

I will be at Aylsham Market place for 10.30 anyway...If no one turns up...That's fine, we can do this again next weekend..

I found out yesterday that this weekend is the Tamil pilgrimage to Wasingham. Thousands upon thousands of Tamils descend upon Walsingham and Wells, So we could encounter a few of those, as we will pass within a few miles of there.............Nothing like a bit of built in chaos to make a UKMOC run really fun..
Old 12-07-2015, 01:56 PM   #10
Mr Gazza
Lord of the Rings

Hey Dacs, I hope you got home in the dry...The heavens opened big time about ten minutes after I arrived home..!!

Dacs and I did a shorter alternative ride this morning, as unsuprisingly we were the only ones there.
I imagine it was still raining in Norwich and Stalham/Catfield at the start time.?

We managed to find Burham Deepdale though...Nice little café, and petrol there too. But don't forget your American Express!! Dacs noted burgers were £9!! Maybe save your appetite for some chips at Hunny?

Let's have one more stab at this next Sunday...The 19th....I'll start another thread.
Old 13-07-2015, 06:24 PM   #11
Mr Gazza
Lord of the Rings

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Gazza View Post
Let's have one more stab at this next Sunday...The 19th....I'll start another thread.
I'm inclined not to bother with next Sunday, as the weather looks on/off again, and I can't bear the wait till the last minute to see if it's raining or not.!.

We could have another crack at it the following Sunday (26th) but the schools will be off by then, so the Coastal section of the run might be a bit busy. The other two thirds+ of the route should be okay though.

There are some great roads, so I am sure it will be worth it. If anyone is interested, shout now, or I will plan a day in the garden..
Old 13-07-2015, 07:48 PM   #12
emzedder

Bike: Other Ducati
Two of you made it .... I attended a family charity fund raising event so wasn't available ... next week I'm signed up for the Hoveton car and bike show on the school field which has been a really nice local fund raising event for some years
Old 13-07-2015, 09:24 PM   #13
utopia
No turn left unstoned

Bike: M750
Well, I've been kinda interested in all three dates, but the weather put me off last week.
I might have chanced it but the predicted rain cloud pretty much tracked my proposed route in both directions at the relevant times, while the garden was predicted to be sunny all day.
But I've been itching for a seaside run for ages.
Not saying anything definite, cos my diary is a little unpredictable for the next few weeks, but I'm definitely hovering in the background, with 26th so far being reasonably likely to be free.
.....actually, that is saying something definite isn't it?
I intended to be more vague.
Old 14-07-2015, 07:06 AM   #14
LittleMonstar

I can definitely do the 19th but may struggle for the 26th Garry

Old 14-07-2015, 04:56 PM   #15
Mr Gazza
Lord of the Rings

Thanks for your interest in this guys....I'm finding it all rather frustrating..

The weather seems to have dropped into one of those seven day cycles...And what with the Jet Stream playing games too. I feel I should take an old flying instructor's advice, and sit on my hands for a minute. (Try it if you find yourself in a flat spin..!!).

Pencil the 26th in for the time being and we will see how it goes.....Meant to be less vague than that....