UK Monster Owners Club Forum » .: General :. » Random Chat » Cbr1100x or monster 900

Old 07-08-2013, 11:30 PM   #1
Psalliss

Cbr1100x or monster 900

Hi just after a few thoughts. I've just bought a new multistrada s touring and am looking for either a blackbird or monster 900 for a second bike for commuting in the worst of the winter weather and for the odd blast out when I fancy a change. Now I'm unsure which would be better as I've never had either.

i fancy a monster due to it being an older dry cluthc Ducatii can fiddle with and love the sound but am guessing servicing woud be more and possibly not stand upto winter quite as a good but I would definitely find it more fun.

but the car would likely be more reliable cheaper to run and potentially a better commuter plus would be an inline four in co trade to my mult which is part of the appeal.

my commuter Is only 7 miles. Interested in people's opopinions thanks
Old 08-08-2013, 12:07 AM   #2
Dirty

What did they say on the CBR forum?
Old 08-08-2013, 04:46 AM   #3
bluestoesonnose

I think you need to compare apples with apples, these bikes are miles apart. The M750 would be a better bike for a commute of only 7 miles, then again a CB500 would be better than both but I digress...
Old 08-08-2013, 06:50 AM   #4
pte1643

Honda Blackbird is a bit overkill for a 7 mile commute is it not?

I agree with above, something like a CB500, Er6, etc (or even a Moped) to use as a hack during the winter months.

Last edited by pte1643; 08-08-2013 at 06:52 AM..
Old 08-08-2013, 08:25 AM   #5
Psalliss

Probably total overkill but bikes to me aren't sensible they are pleasure. Had several hayabusas and big v twins for commuting In the past. I would use the bike for blasts out as well when didnt fancy the multistrada
Old 08-08-2013, 08:57 AM   #6
itguy

I've had a blackbird and I wouldn't fancy it for my commute if there were loads of roundabouts, junctions, city and town riding. Its just too heavy for that really although the engine / power is very smooth and controllable.

I'd go for the monster for the commute - perfect for cheeky filtering etc.

Its a bit like trying to choose between a Mercedes s500 vs a mini cooper s - town needs small and nippy