UK Monster Owners Club Forum » .: General :. » Random Chat » Naked Ducati Custom.

Old 08-11-2011, 04:17 PM   #1
Panther

Naked Ducati Custom.

I'm not been on here much recently mainly due to movign to Holland (thats where my gf lives)

I was looking though there version of ebay when I can across this bike.............

There are parts of it I really like but diffently not a fan of the head lights. O, and don't worry about the price it only so expensive becasue the price of new bike is around a 1/3 more than the uk!

CLICK HERE

Attached Images
File Type: jpg bike1.jpg (31.3 KB, 330 views)
Old 08-11-2011, 07:24 PM   #2
utopia
No turn left unstoned

Bike: M750
Lately I have been drawn towards the notion of an ss framed naked myself. Mind you, my current monster is a keeper and two ducatis are beyond my finances. I do like the look of the engine in the ss frame. It seems to show off the 90deg v-twin to better effect.
I'm not sure about the swingarm on that one though...doesn't suit the frame in my opinion. I'd put a round headlight on it too. Also, if the black thing at the front is just an oil-cooler shroud, I'd remove that as well.
In general though, I like it.

Good to hear from you again. I was wondering how things were, what with the Libya troubles an' all.
Sorry we never got to meet up for that rideout while you were just up the road in Hinkley. Hope all goes well in Holland.
utopia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2011, 08:18 PM   #3
slob

Bike: Multiple Monsters
I love the automatic translation...

WITH ass CUSTOM OF 999 instead of "tail"
OVERHAUL AND BIG VALVES AND NEW bottlenose dolphins instead of "rockers"
slob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2011, 08:33 PM   #4
animaluk

Quote:
Originally Posted by slob View Post
I love the automatic translation...

WITH ass CUSTOM OF 999 instead of "tail"
OVERHAUL AND BIG VALVES AND NEW bottlenose dolphins instead of "rockers"
what you mean you have not got new bottlenose dolphins in you engine (what do you think makes the clicks !!!!)
Old 09-11-2011, 02:36 PM   #5
Panther

utopia,

Well the bikes still in the UK, and plan to move it over next spring. So after the bike gets a few little tweaks and a service, next year, hopefully we can have a ride out.

I agree the frame on the SS, makes you focus on the 90deg v-twin.

-----------------------------------------

Changing the subject a few good things in Holland is that as soon as a vehicles is insured it appears anyone can ride/drive it. I'm also still looking at getting a ´classic´ Japanese in line twin (cb350 or cb450) and they seem to be more available and cheaper here too.

I found this lovely custom, which i really want to replicate, but maybe not to the same level $$$