UK Monster Owners Club Forum » .: General :. » Spotted » Yesterday M3 Southbound Yellow New Shape

Old 03-09-2011, 08:15 AM   #1
randall356

Yesterday M3 Southbound Yellow New Shape

As title suggests - Yellow new shape (couldn't see if 696, 796, 1100), heading southbound, Winchester(ish) on the M3 at about 4pm.

I was in an Army Land Rover heading northbound.
Old 03-09-2011, 06:43 PM   #2
JerryT

Yay! I've been spotted at last - 'twas me indeed, on my way back from Moto Rapido after having both the front discs replaced (like RJBex's 796: a bit of vibration on braking due to excessive run-out) - thankfully under warranty (phew). Good old Moto Rapido replaced the pads too with new Brembo road pads. All working nice and smooth now, although I must break them in gently.
While I was waiting I took one of their Multistradas out for a blast up the A272 and I must say it was very impressive. The seat height is taller than the Monster's so you are a bit more on your toes at a standstill, but it feels great on the move. Sport mode certainly has some go in it and the riding position is so comfortable it's a bit like a rocket-propelled armchair! Too quick to nod off in though! I'm happy with the Monster for now though.
Old 03-09-2011, 06:51 PM   #3
randall356

I thought it might have been you as there aren't that many yellow ones around, in fact the only one I had seen before was your avatar!

Whats Moto Rapidos showroom stock like? Do they mind people just having a browse and sitting on some bikes. I live in Hampshire (Fareham) so usually go to Snells but Winchester isn't that far away.

I'm lucky enough to be on an Army exercise now at Bramley, thank god for mobile internet!
Old 03-09-2011, 07:10 PM   #4
JerryT

Ha Ha! if you had simply said "new style yellow one spotted in Hampshire" I would still have owned up!!

As far as Moto Rapido go I would say they are absolutely fine about you coming and having a look round and trying out a few bikes. After all, they have demonstrators so I'm sure you'd be able to swing your leg over and try 'em on for size without any fuss. I would recommend you book any test rides in advance and bring your license (both parts if it's a new one, or white gloves if it's as old as mine, which is now starting to resemble the dead sea scrolls!). One other thing, when I took the Multistrada out for a ride I had to sign the usual disclaimer and insurance document - including accepting the £1000 excess. All I could think about as I got on it was "don't drop it for ****'s sake! So far, my experience with MR has been first class and I think there are a few others on here who would agree...

Incidentally, there was another army guy there waiting for his M696 Dark and it turned out he was a Marine, based in Bournemouth (?). We ended up leapfrogging each other down the M3 as far as J3. Happy days...