UK Monster Owners Club Forum » Gallery » UKMOC Bikes » Beat up, falling apart and lots of fun

Old 14-03-2011, 08:21 PM   #1
sutty

Beat up, falling apart and lots of fun

So heres my bike, I imported it from England in 07, due to issues with my old 620ie. She's a S4r first registered in 03. I think it was a display bike before the other lad had got it. Then I got my grubby hands on it, used it to commute and have fun at the weekends and random times. 36k Miles on her and she's in need of some TLC. The engine block needs to be repainted and the wheels could do with a new powder coat due to a clamper putting a clamp on the rear wheel.

Some mods I've done are: SilMoto cans, cat bypass, 48T STM clutch basket. I had a power commander and removed it, as I thought it was faulty. But it turned out to be the Data tool System 3 Alarm. Which I soon "fixed" However no I cant find my PCIII

See my Datatool System 3 fix here

I have some stuff on the way and here that need to be done to the bike. Will post up my plans in a bit. Need to go to the shops now
Old 14-03-2011, 08:29 PM   #2
steeevvvooo

Bike: M1100evo
welcome! I like the blue and white ones. Looks like you have a few nice bits and pieces so some TLC will see it being a pretty sorted bike!

They're made to be ridden though, so well done for putting the miles on!
steeevvvooo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-03-2011, 09:08 PM   #3
bigredduke
Nothing to see here

Bike: M1100evo
Ahhh! fond memories of playing golf at Kilkenny Golf Club on the Glendine Road. Lovely part of the world. Great choice of bike BTW & welcome. I didn't realise the EU bailout funds were deigned to buy Ducati's though.
bigredduke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-03-2011, 09:15 PM   #4
sutty

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigredduke View Post
I didn't realise the EU bailout funds were deigned to buy Ducati's though.
Sush.... no one is meant to know that!

Yeah, so she has been off the road since November due to needing a new Chain an sprockets, New Battery, New plugs and a oil filter. Sadly outa work at the moment, so getting the cash to fix parts up is hard to come by.

I also have a lovely set of silver Callipers from a 999 (4pot 4 pad) to put on the front end. Just need to get a new set of Braided lines as the Banjos are side mounting on the new Callipers.
Old 14-03-2011, 09:16 PM   #5
scrapps

Nice to see the bikes getting plenty of use. mine was looking tatty at 29k so I pulled it apart and gave it some new paint,bearings,and other bits it still looks good two more years down the line
Old 14-03-2011, 11:06 PM   #6
chris yeatman
I still have the s4r!

Bike: S4r
welcome, blue S4R'S are the best!!!
Old 15-03-2011, 08:54 AM   #7
Fugly

Quote:
Originally Posted by chris yeatman View Post
welcome, blue S4R'S are the best!!!
+1 on that
Old 16-03-2011, 12:39 PM   #8
big pete

"Cmon the cats"
Great to here of a bike being used that much, so much for Duc's not being reliable enough to do big mileages on!
Old 16-03-2011, 12:54 PM   #9
Dukedesmo

Bike: M900
Quote:
Originally Posted by sutty View Post
the wheels could do with a new powder coat due to a clamper putting a clamp on the rear wheel.
Clamping a bike? I hope said clamper suffered some retribution...

Nike bike though.

Dukedesmo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-03-2011, 08:45 AM   #10
sutty

LOL Pete, I'm a lilly white my-self. A bit of a blow-in cause the partner is from kk.

As for the clamper, he got an earfull. Said I had parked in a disabled spot. However I was on the other side of the line markings for the spot (in the bike parking area). It was in UCD when I used to work there. Mine wasn't the only bike clamped that day.

I do like having a big kitchen

The CBR250rr is my partners, that I put a full tyga kit on for a few years back.
Old 18-03-2011, 04:11 PM   #11
big pete

That CBR is a tidy lookingwee bike , my daughter would kill for that

Are ye a footballer or hurling fan? ive been to Six mile bridge a few times wit Shinty teams so im afraid its "up da Banner"
Old 30-03-2011, 05:27 PM   #12
sutty

Quote:
Originally Posted by big pete View Post
That CBR is a tidy lookingwee bike , my daughter would kill for that

Are ye a footballer or hurling fan? ive been to Six mile bridge a few times wit Shinty teams so im afraid its "up da Banner"

She was till the misses had an off in October gone. She needs some work done to the front end, new lights clutch leaver and screen. As well as a new set of header pipes as theres a hole in them now.

As for sports, nether really. But I will watch the the all Ireland finals when there on.