UK Monster Owners Club Forum » .: UKMOC Regions :. » Region Announcements » Wiltshire » Castle Combe - 60 Years Celebrations on September 3rd 2011

Old 09-03-2011, 06:28 PM   #1
Rally
Taking life easy........

Bike: Other Not a Ducati
Castle Combe - 60 Years Celebrations on September 3rd 2011

Castle Combe this year celebrates 60 years of motorcycle racing. The highlight of which will be the Rapid Solicitors 848 Challenge, at their one day meeting on Saturday 3rd September. Ducati have also arranged for the BSB team to come and do a demonstration and an opportunity to meet with race fans, Scott Smart is coming down. They will have a display of Ducatis and also Carl Fogarty who will ride a few laps of the circuit at lunchtime with the BSB team. Ducati are also bringing their events truck with displays, so the whole event will have a major Ducati presence and involvement.

As part of the arrangements with Ducati they have said that they will offer a 2 for 1 ticket offer to any Ducati Owners Club members who book in advance. In addition they will have a special Ducati only parking area, adjacent to the events truck itself.

The special ticket offer will be set up with a discount code on here, for booking onto the Castle Combe website. (This is to follow) When purchasing the tickets, you pay for one at £15.00 plus a small additional postage/credit card charge of 50p, but will receive two tickets for the event including an all day Paddock Transfer. On the day this would cost £35.00

Let's start a list of names of those that would like to come.
I will be making arrangements and posting on here soon about a UKMOC stand as well.
Rally is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2011, 06:33 PM   #2
Gordon H

That's the day before the Ferrari owners do in Eastleigh - be a case of shifting the UKMOC stand from CC to Eastleigh.............. sounds like a good day out!!
Old 09-03-2011, 06:39 PM   #3
S4Rs MacK

Me.
And if you need a hand doing anything at the circuit Al, let me kno as am only 5miles away.
Old 09-03-2011, 06:42 PM   #4
Rally
Taking life easy........

Early days as far as planning goes, but thanks Deano. I will post on this thread as things progress.
Old 15-08-2011, 06:15 PM   #5
Stafford
P3, nice.

Bike: S2r 1000
As time is getting on here is an update from Castle Combe via the DOC.
Tickets to be booked by 30th August to get the offer so get on the phone you lot.

FOWLERS PROBIKE NATIONAL RACE MEETING
A meeting that will celebrate 60 years of motorcycle racing at Castle Combe Circuit

Come along and join with

4 times World Superbike Champion, Carl Fogarty – on track in our Ducati display
The Rapid Solicitors Riders of Bridgewater BSB Team of Michael Rutter and Martin Jessop on track on their British Superbikes
Tony Rutter demonstrating his World Championship winning F2 Ducati
Scott Smart on the Evo Moto Rapido BSB Bike
Plus races for the Ducati 848 Challenge, only usually seen at BSB rounds
Plus races for the Ducati Due, ACU F2 Sidecars, British Historic Grand Prix (formerly Lansdowne), the King of Castle Combe Trophy and Formula 600s

With a strong Ducati presence we are linking up with all of Ducati Clubs to offer a great 2-for-1 ticket offer. Buy one ticket at just £15.00 in advance and get a second absolutely free. The tickets will include all day Paddock admission with the same package purchased on the day costing £35.00 and all for just £15.00 plus 80p/postage credit card charges.

And that’s not all we have also arranged for a special Ducati only parking area where riders will enter under the Ducati arch and park up in their own area making a great display for the public but also giving enthusiasts the change to mingle with like minded owners.

Tickets must be purchased in advance by not later than 12.00 noon on Tuesday 30th August. Ticket will then be despatched by first class post.

Full details on the special parking area will be sent with the tickets.

Qualifying with start at 08.45 with race 1 starting at 11.35, the special Castle Combe 60th Anniversary Ducati and VIP display at 13.30 with the last of the 12 races finishing at approximately 18.00.

Castle Combe Circuit is easily reached via junction 17 or 18 of the M4 and is approximately 5 miles due west of Chippenham on the B4039.

Tickets can be ordered on line, simply log on to www.castlecombecircuit.co.uk click through to Events and Motorcycle Meeting and when prompted add the promotional code of DC2011. Alternatively, phone the Circuit office on 01249 782417.

Further details of the meeting can be found on our website at www.castlecombecircuit.co.uk.

We look forward to your visit.

All normal conditions of entry apply.

The probability of survival is equal to the angle of arrival.
Stafford is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-08-2011, 06:57 PM   #6
Rally
Taking life easy........

I was speaking to them only today about our stand and they are going to call me back tomorrow. I will update as soon as I have more info as to if we get free entry or not with a stand?
Old 16-08-2011, 12:03 PM   #7
Rally
Taking life easy........

I have just had it confirmed that we will have a space held separately for us in the Ducati car park at Camp corner for the UKMOC. We need to secure the space with some tape or bikes by 8.30am if possible (All locals coming, please try to do this). Unfortunately there are no free tickets due to the offer of two for the price of one along with free paddock passes. (See Staffords post above for full details)

PLEASE MAKE SURE YOUR TICKETS ARE BOOKED BY THE END OF THE MONTH.

Shall we start the usual list of who is intending on coming below.
Rally
Jacq

Last edited by Rally; 16-08-2011 at 09:37 PM..
Old 16-08-2011, 12:08 PM   #8
Gordon H

Shall we start the usual list of who is intending on coming below.

Rally
Jacq
Gordon
Bean
Old 16-08-2011, 12:14 PM   #9
utopia
No turn left unstoned

Bike: M750
Rally
Jacq
Gordon
Bean
Utopia (haven't booked yet, but 90% certain)
utopia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-08-2011, 05:28 PM   #10
S4Rs MacK

Can some very nice person add me +1, as I'm in Scotland and only have my phone which i cant copy and paste with. DONE

Last edited by Rally; 16-08-2011 at 06:31 PM..
Old 16-08-2011, 06:31 PM   #11
Rally
Taking life easy........

Rally
Jacq
Gordon
Bean
Utopia (haven't booked yet, but 90% certain)
Deano + 1
Albie

Last edited by Rally; 17-08-2011 at 04:57 AM..
Old 16-08-2011, 08:30 PM   #12
chris yeatman
I still have the s4r!

Bike: S4r
would love to come, but as i was on my way to combe wen i had my crash i will never be on the bike riding to castle combe again.
Old 16-08-2011, 09:05 PM   #13
Rally
Taking life easy........

Quote:
Originally Posted by chris yeatman View Post
would love to come, but as i was on my way to combe wen i had my crash i will never be on the bike riding to castle combe again.
Chris, They say if you fall off a horse, get straight back on....................... Make that journey and it will be behind you.

If you get drunk, do you stop drinking?
Old 16-08-2011, 09:08 PM   #14
Albie
Fanactical volunteer

Bike: M900
Quote:
Originally Posted by chris yeatman View Post
Dont be such a wuss. I have to ride where I crashed and broke a shoulder and collar bone.
It makes you ride with more awareness unless you give up.

I mean this in a good way chris so dont take it the wrong way mate. You broke the bike thats all.

I would come but can I be put up for the night somewhere as too early start up here.
Albie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-08-2011, 09:30 PM   #15
Rally
Taking life easy........

Quote:
Originally Posted by Albie View Post
Dont be such a wuss. I have to ride where I crashed and broke a shoulder and collar bone.
It makes you ride with more awareness unless you give up.

I mean this in a good way chris so dont take it the wrong way mate. You broke the bike thats all.

I would come but can I be put up for the night somewhere as too early start up here.
Albie,
There's room and you're welcome to stay here mate.