UK Monster Owners Club Forum » .: UKMOC Regions :. » Region Announcements » London » London area ACE Cafe meet

Old 24-05-2010, 01:57 PM   #1
Jungle24

London area ACE Cafe meet

I am keen to organise a regular meet at the ACE cafe for London and surrounding areas Monster owners and was wondering if anyone fancied it?
It would be great to meet some likeminded Monster lovers and what a venue to meet at!
I know there is a Italian night already, do you all attend already?
Cheers Jim
Old 24-05-2010, 02:10 PM   #2
gregski

I was there last Friday and I count about 6 monsters don't know if the was any UKMOC members

frequent meetings in Ace sounds good to me
Old 24-05-2010, 02:13 PM   #3
Jaron

Hi Jim,

Great idea, there is lots of talk on here about meeting and people not turning up which is a shame for what ever reason. Perhaps a fortnightly / regular meet would be an answer...
I'm up for that, you thinking week night or weekend?
Old 24-05-2010, 02:29 PM   #4
slob

Bike: Multiple Monsters
We have held lunch meetings on 1st Saturday of the month at Fatboy's Diner in Docklands for the last year or so (although last month was skipped due to the UKMOC Weekender and June many of us will be away at WDW)

"If you build it they will come!"
slob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-05-2010, 02:33 PM   #5
Jaron

Well I a lot of us wont sadly be there (and I'm guessing these are the ones that can't always make events) so we should hook up for sure!
Old 24-05-2010, 02:41 PM   #6
Jungle24

Good to hear from you guys!
I am up for an evening or a weekend day perhaps with a ride out beforehand?
I am away up in Yorkshire until the beg of June but will defo arrange something when I am back.
World cup is going to be a factor so maybe a Saturday to start would be good as not many games during the day!
My mate was at the Ace last Friday and said he saw a few Monsters too. perhaps one was yours?
I would have been there if my blinking Oil pressure light didnt come on!!
Went down on Saturday for a beer but there was some Cosworth event on...not my thing but funny to see grown men crooning over an xr3i van!!!
Lets see how many other Londoners we can get interested and make this happen!!!
Old 24-05-2010, 04:39 PM   #7
animaluk

Fatboy's Diner in Docklands

Slob do you have shares in this place
Old 24-05-2010, 04:44 PM   #8
slob

Nope... but it's at my end of town, it's that or the tea hut in Epping Forest, and If I'm the one organising the meets that's where I choose.
personally I don't like the Ace much (shoved round the back to make way for Ford Mondeo day or whatever...) but its 'the meeting place' West London and if someone's actually getting off their arse and organising something I'll give them my full support.
Old 24-05-2010, 05:46 PM   #9
littlejimmy12

I keep meaning to head down to Ace for Italian night, midweek in the Ace is a bit pants. I sometimes head down there on a sat or sun morning for breakfast, heading down there this coming saturday with fellow member simons if anyone would like to join...animaluk?? slob?? haven't seen you in a year and Seby as well - more the merrier. Can't do lunch in docklands as I have work at 13.00
Old 24-05-2010, 06:15 PM   #10
benson

Weekend breakfasts at the Ace are good if you're that way over town - the fatboys meet is equally good ont t'other - and the coffee is well.....very good!

Sadly I'm rarely in London at the weekends on a regular basis but if availbale I will always try to play out so will keep an eye on the diary...
Old 24-05-2010, 06:15 PM   #11
slob

Will have to see how far I get this week with ironing out niggles with my 1000 before Italy. Saturday may be the last full day I can get in the workshop... but provisonally yes

p.s. I was up the Ace yesterday lunchtime... and Skins Cafe... and Jack's Hill Cafe ... and The World Famous Comfort Cafe (but not Fatboy's Diner Paul) http://www.ukmonster.co.uk/monster/s...=37604&post#17
Old 24-05-2010, 06:19 PM   #12
benson

Well done! I was over in Uppingham and other salubrious parts of Leicestershire yesterday - fine roads but even better ice cream!!!
Old 24-05-2010, 06:34 PM   #13
He11cat

who does the best coke floats or milkshakes ???
Old 24-05-2010, 06:55 PM   #14
Albie
Fanactical volunteer

Bike: M900
Sounds like a plan

So He11cat we can either hit the Ace when the fortunate ones are in Italia or wait until after and all hit the Ace in a big way. Maybe we could really get a good attendance with a bit of forward planning. It also falls into the Holiday period when lots go away like Im missing the groombridge ducati/ferrari day

So we need to decide a date then. Sundays better for me but saturday is still do able
Albie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-05-2010, 08:08 PM   #15
gary tompkins
1/2 man - 1/2 pogo-stick

Bike: M900ie
Albie,

I would check the weekend calander at the Ace as there's always a lot going on. If you turn up at a big meet (cars for example), you'll struggle to get in car park & get shoved into a corner. I used to go to Italian night regularly when NABD met at the ACE, and it was always a good night. I don't bother anymore as it's a boring ride there and back, and not much fun on trike if traffic is bad.

http://www.ace-cafe-london.com/default.aspx

Last edited by gary tompkins; 24-05-2010 at 08:10 PM..
gary tompkins is offline   Reply With Quote