UK Monster Owners Club Forum » .: Technical :. » Cans, Tyres, Brakes, etc. » Carbon Sleeve

Old 28-10-2009, 07:50 PM   #1
pegboy

Carbon Sleeve

After reading most of the threads on here, i thought i would ask if anyone had any carbon exhaust sleeves oval 110mm before i buy some.

I am thinking of shortening the pipe length as it seems a bit long especially after the tail chop, but was thinking will this have an affect on the performance of the bike M600 98.

I would also like to polish the exhaust pipes to the slip on termis, i have read somewhere before that the material is thin and not that great quality, or have a replacement pair made?? how expensive is it to get exhaust pipe made up?? I don't want it to deteriate over time like the standard pipe but a little maintenance is fine, What material do they use high grade of Stainless steel???
Old 29-10-2009, 06:11 AM   #2
slob

Bike: Multiple Monsters
The stock headers will polish up ok, if you do a really good job first time round you'll probably only need to redo them once a year. I may have a spare set for a 600 that you could have a go at without removing yours. If you want, I'll take a look in the garage at the weekend.
slob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-10-2009, 09:55 PM   #3
pegboy

Cheers slob speak to you on Sunday.