UK Monster Owners Club Forum » .: Warm Up Area :. » A nice place for new members to say hello » having withdrawl symptoms!!!!

Old 21-11-2008, 04:37 PM   #1
Amethyst

having withdrawl symptoms!!!!

haven't had my monster 696 for long n already missing going out cz of this crap wrather. role on summer or any nice day
Old 21-11-2008, 08:06 PM   #2
NewMon
Titanium Member

Bike: M600
Eh? It's dry (well here anyway) - what more do you want?
NewMon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-11-2008, 08:17 PM   #3
Nickj
Too much time on my hands member

Bike: S2r
Was a lovely morning, dry roads, not too mucg traffic and the air cold enough to give the motor a bit more bite without getting me cold. 25 minutes and 26 miles later it's back to reality but fun while it lasted....
Sieze the moment
Old 21-11-2008, 08:24 PM   #4
NewMon
Titanium Member

Bike: M600
I'm not being sarky or anything but I really mean it - get it out there. Once everything is warmed up it isn't a lot different from the summer (except dry). I give it plenty of time on the choke (old carbs y'know) and then a quick thrash up motorway. Then onto some A and B roads for fun. Make the most of it - Feb/Mar/Apr will probably be crap (wet).

Or is the weather in Hull really bad?
NewMon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-11-2008, 11:22 PM   #5
lcjohnny

Commuting

Just completed a week of commuting - 300 miles and a few spots of rain only

Its not as bad as it looks.

Only prob is the crap M900 headlight

JOn
Old 22-11-2008, 02:21 PM   #6
Ducmon

We have just had the first snow of this year. Which is early this year but hopefuly the weather will get better so I can go out for a ride before it gets really cold (continental weather). So enjoy it when you can.
Old 23-11-2008, 03:23 AM   #7
Amethyst

it might just be wet where you are but theres lots of snow and ice here !!!! i'm not bothered about the rain i just don't want to drop my monster !!!!!!!!
Old 29-11-2008, 09:08 PM   #8
Catspoon

I've got a big yellow streak down my back. I was intending to go out today and stretch the bike's legs a bit but the fog, damp and -1 temperature changed my mind a bit sharpish.

A pity really, I was intending to have a blat over to Ironbridge and back via Bridgnorth. Maybe next weekend.
Old 29-11-2008, 09:15 PM   #9
sprintbint

We were hoping to get out tomorrow, but it will be freezing fog again like it was today.............
Old 29-11-2008, 10:36 PM   #10
gremlin

No chance of riding mine, she's spread out all over the dining room and lounge!
Old 29-12-2008, 08:44 PM   #11
Catspoon

Now we have some dry weather I've got flu. Sometimes you just can't win.

Oh well, at least today I swapped the cans for the original ones ahead of the MoT in Feb. I might slip on a pair of Termis I have lying around once it's got through the test and remove that annoying, buzzing excuse for a fairing contraption too.
Old 29-12-2008, 10:23 PM   #12
lcjohnny

Ups.... and downs.........

Bike was runnign so nicely - that Sods law was invoked!

as soon as the sun came out -- the tank started leaking at the hinge. BuŁŁer!!!

I think I need some POR15

Jon
Old 30-12-2008, 08:21 AM   #13
Blah blah
Upsetting normal people..

I was gonna leave mine all tucked up in the garage, but 5od it, where are my thermals...??
Old 30-12-2008, 02:45 PM   #14
gremlin

Mines ready to go but it's so icy I'd rather not risk scraping my new paintwork if we go skating! Clive hasn't been able to make my crash bungs yet and cheeky sod said he'd put titanium on the ends so they spark nicely as they slide down the road. There are times.....
Old 31-12-2008, 12:58 PM   #15
Nickj
Too much time on my hands member

For those not out in it today.... Coming in bikes running well but the light fog was freezing, got in looking like a snowman.. Oh and there were occasional flakes of snowy stuff, more likely just clods of frozen fog.
The roads though were fine though, no slippy sliding going on. Took me 5 mins more than usual to get in mostly as I couldn't see so well through the ice on the visor
Love the boost the sub zero air gives the motor, hate the sub zero air for being so cold at 80 LOL